Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I've never been into the body art thing. I've always felt like tattoos are basically body graffiti. If it's your thing, fine. Personally, I think they're stupid -- the equivalent of carving your initials on the hood of your car. (And what's with those people with giant letters saying "Mustang" or whatnot as windshield stickers or as paint jobs on the side of their cars anyway -- did you forget what you were driving or something and needed it written down?? :confused: )

And women with tattoos? Sorry. Anti-sexy. Just get a big, fat tattoo of a tarantula on your face and get it over with.

The only tattoos I've even seen that I didn't find stupid or revolting were the traditional ones worn by some Pacific Islanders.
Well said, swag, that's exactly it. :)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

No you cant, its just bad advertising. A tattoo is a tattoo, and its the same for all.

Let say you get a 3 year tattoo? How would the Tattoo disapear? Would it just fade away with the time and be lighter and lighter and in the end its gone? Or will it stay on in 3 years, and then just *puf* its gone?

Either way, i dont sound logical.
Fades away i guess. Or maybe it isnt as deep and as your skin replaces it dissapears. I dunno. But I do know you can get them because I knew someone who had one and its gone now.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think it's curious about tattoos that they never come off. Cause just about anything else you can do to yourself (provided you don't take it too far and sustain permanent injury), alcohol, tobacco, drugs etc. For all of those it will take time but after that time has passed, you are completely clean of it. But the prospect of a tattoo and the concept of forever being closely related just freaks me out a little bit.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
How did I sense that question was coming? Actually to be perfectly honest, I'm probably the type that would get married a bit too impulsively. :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
It's only a matter of time when I get a tattoo. Was planning to get it for my b-day, but then had to put it off, because you can't allow direct sun on the freshly done tattoo and seeing that I didn't plan to walk all clothed up in the 35°C I postponed it. It won't be visible to people as the place where I'm planning to put is kind of private, since my intention is not to show off with it.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    I think the question on all our minds is: where, exactly, are you going to put it? :D ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    You could get a Henna tattoo (thats supposed to last 3 weeks), but never wash the skin where the tattoo is, never expose it to sunlight, never touch it, etc. and it could last 3 years

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    You could get a Henna tattoo (thats supposed to last 3 weeks), but never wash the skin where the tattoo is, never expose it to sunlight, never touch it, etc. and it could last 3 years
    Yes, dont bathe for 3 years :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    How did I sense that question was coming? Actually to be perfectly honest, I'm probably the type that would get married a bit too impulsively. :)
    I want to be married at 30, if im still alive :D

Alone at 30 dosent sound that exciting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    What I think is very handy is getting a failsafe. Just strike a deal with someone that if you're both unmarried by age X, you get hitched. Practical. :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    What I think is very handy is getting a failsafe. Just strike a deal with someone that if you're both unmarried by age X, you get hitched. Practical. :D
    Im currently taking applications :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)