Take a second look at Appiah (1 Viewer)

mamamia

Jun 10, 2005
Guys i am sorry for opening another thread though i know very well there is another thread on appiah. I will urge the Juve community to take a second look at Appiah...u shdn't discard him that easily otherwise u would live to regret.

Today, appiah captained Ghana to do the impossible. For 15 years South Africa has never been beaten at home. And then came up todays clash. appiah sent out the first salvo when in an interview with BBC he warned South Africa that they were in no way going to stand in our way to the World Cup. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4614419.stm For 7 days Baxter never stopped talking about the danger that Ghana's terrible duo of Appiah and Essien posed to his side and warned that marking the two out of the game was his priority.
Guess what happened in the game. Ghana's midfield led by Appiah raped the South Africans at their own backyard at the 80,000 capacity stadium(the stadium for the 2010 world cup finals)He strolled on the pitch as if it was his personal play ground. All of a sudden Ghana is on it's way to the world cup...a feat that an Abedi Pele-Tony Yeboah squad never dreamt off. These are remarks of appiah after the game:

"We were aware of how dangerous Appiah can be when he darts into channels and worked hard to combat it during our preparations." Baxter)south Africa's coach) ruing his loss as Appiah wasn't controlled as he had planned.

Amoah made the South Africans pay for such profligacy after 61 minutes when he stabbed home an incisive cross from Ghana captain Stephen Appiah, who looked dangerous throughout down the right-hand side. says BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4107314.stm

appiah contributed in both goals of Ghana. He unselfishly passed to Amoah after rounding off his marker for Amoah to have the easier task of tapping in the ball.
his freekick was headed in by Essien for Ghana's second goal.

He is a good player if given the chance. Just have a little patience with him. I am quite disappointed that he isn't to play in a similar manner at JUVE. On the african continent he is considered one of the best midfielders.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Appiah has been improved very much this year, and if he keep improving himself in this way he will be very very good:)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Ill stick with Blasi guys sorry i see him being more influential in our future than appiah and if i want an offensive midfield than ill bring in maresca
Sorry Appiah sell

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I will cry if we sell Appiah, i have always belived that he is a special talent.
And i think that if he stays next year he will prove all doubters that he is a future worldstar.
I meet him in Torino when i saw Juve-Cagliari, he is a very nice person to, i saw him when he drived by in his porche so i scremed hello Appiah, he stopped the car and pulled his window down and i ran to the car and he said to med go to the parking , so i went to the parking and he camed and we talked and I taked a photo with him, and i said say hello to Zlatan from me(i from Sweden/Bosna like Zlatan) and he smiled.
Forza Appiah

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
If we sell him, we'll probably regret it.
Word.

Appiah is a great player, and I'll always say it, the guy is a"Fighter"....

He did great in his last 3 or 4 games with Juve, Imo Capello really treated him bad Just because he made a mistake against Cagliari.

If Appiah Leaves, then I'll simply Blame Capello...

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Word.

Appiah is a great player, and I'll always say it, the guy is a"Fighter"....

He did great in his last 3 or 4 games with Juve, Imo Capello really treated him bad Just because he made a mistake against Cagliari.

If Appiah Leaves, then I'll simply Blame Capello...
Agree with the first part,

but azzurri c'mon u blame Cap for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! u prob also blame him for the low number of fans at our stadium :p

Forza Appiah !
i have alwayse said that this guy has to stay here! he is special !

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No bro, I don't blame him for everything, but I wouldn't like a talented player like Appiah to leave us, Just because Capello doesn't believe in him.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by adams ] ++
appiah is special. tacchi and blasi are dispensible, but appiah is something special.
yeah. this player were playing last seasons as a sub for tacchinardi , now for blasi !!

selling this player is not the solution for capello and he's not ganna ask moggi for that ,cuz he knows the weakness of blasi and he is ganna let him stay with juve with no doubt and 100 % he will let him play the most matches next seasons instead of blasi .

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Appiah has been played out of position, does anybody agree with me?

IMO he should be given his offensive role like the days in Ghana, but Capello keeps on sticking with 2 defensive midfielders, which deprives of Appiah's natural position. I always believed that this kid isn't as bad as everybody thought, yes he may make some bad passes here and there, but I'm sure that his talent is hidden. I wish to see the influential Appiah in the Ghana NT.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++

how does one hide his talent? and why?:dazed:
Y? Ask Capello. HE can actually dribble pass players, but somehow Capello wants him to do some defensive work instead of attacking. If he is allowed back his offensive abilities, his talent would be showcased.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Appiah has been played out of position, does anybody agree with me?

IMO he should be given his offensive role like the days in Ghana, but Capello keeps on sticking with 2 defensive midfielders, which deprives of Appiah's natural position. I always believed that this kid isn't as bad as everybody thought, yes he may make some bad passes here and there, but I'm sure that his talent is hidden. I wish to see the influential Appiah in the Ghana NT.

Totally agree of course. He really isn't that great of a defensive player. When he goes forward is when you'll see his talent.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
if you know any juve player who's hiding his talent, get rid of him... he's disrespecting the club... anyway, i dont think appiah hides it.. one can never hides his talent... it's natural... talent will be there forever.. it wont go for a coffee break like us, and come back 30 minutes later... appiah just needs confidence..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)