Take a second look at Appiah (2 Viewers)

Blind

May 8, 2005
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
i dont know.. it all depends on capello.. but looking at the starting line up for last part of the season, appiah was a regular... maybe capello has finally put some trust on him.. or maybe because the title has been decided, so he let him play.. i wouldnt know that... but looking at his goal against cagliari.... that was just awesome... boy, that guy did a zlatan trick...
Heck Capello played Appiah from the beginning in the Milan match which we won.
Dang, Appiah did a fantastic job.
Cool, relaxed, controlled the ball and passed the ball quite nice too.
I really love this player, and trust me on this, if we sell him, Juve will regret it!

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
actually we lost the chance to sell tachinardi ( to barca ) , blasi and appiah didn't show what capello needed in that area , as someone said here b4 appiah can't pass the ball correctly , he can't control the tempo don't get me rong he is strong and solid , he shhots , lippi tryed him on left flank but he failed ,,,,,

calgary game was turning point for him , he was at his lowest point .

i admired how did he bounce back and showed that great performances at the end of the season ,, he showed that he can learn

the main concern is that juve needs cash and that may be the only reason to sell him

arc

Mar 11, 2004
maybe u guys are right, i dislike appiah coz he has replaced the greedy davids and was named the next davids

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
We should keep Appiah for sure! But by no means should he be a regular in our side. If we need to sell off a midfielder then I think crappy Blasi should be the one, and Tach has had his day too :(

Dian

Jun 22, 2005
Appiah is a good player, but he would fit better in a more offensive playing team.

I could see him being a great asset to a team like Arsenal, but maybe that's just me.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

omg WHAT A BIG JOKE!!!

so Capello dident get the best out of CAMORANESI, CANNAVARO, ZLATAN, even DP has had a fine year scored 14 goals... under CAPELLO!! not lippi!

the GAME-PLAN based on DEFENCE that your talking about made US the club wich scored THE MOST goals in SERIE A!! what more do u WANT????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes Capello got good from 3 players on the team. And i dont hink you can really grant him for DP and Cannavaro because Canna was bound to happen and DP didnt even get to play. Imagine if DP played a full 90 for a lot of these matches he would be our leading scorer and Appiah would have adapted more to our game if he was givin the chance. Capello is too blame for a lot of players including Kapo, Appiah, Tacchi, Lluliano, and to a certain extent Del PIero

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
alex didnt play 90 minutes coz he couldnt. why blame capello.

as for appiah, been a fan since the brescia days and iv been saying all year he needs to get a more attacking position. weve all seen what he can do. just needs to earn coaches respect, as soon as he gets it, juve will be all his.

Tifosotto

Aug 15, 2004
I think we will have luck, because Arsenal don't want him. So we will see him at least another season. And thats good so!!!
Don't forget, under Lippi he got the chance and what did he do?? He oustet Davids on the bench!!! He's a great player, I like to see him playing, cuz he's got diffrent talents, he can do fantastic dribllings, he's a great fighter, and he always tries to score. But it's not easier for him with the Vieira transfer... But I think also that Capello know what he do!

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
I don't think he can fit in Capello's system though. He would be a great player if given his attacking freedom
Yes, this along with the fact that he's a non-EU player is the reason I think he should be the first to go. In Ghana's shirt he plays good because he's given the freedom to go forward but as signing of Vieira and selling of Maresca indicates there's no room for offensive central midfielder.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
My thoughts exactly, he can learn alot from Vieira too.

My feeling is that Lippi's effort in trying to play Appiah at left Flank was one of the reasons Appiah didn't adap so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)