tactics and formations (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusmano

Mar 15, 2004
I thought that up to now Dechamps only played in a 4-4-2 formation. I don't know why a lot of people is talking about a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation.

X (Amelia?)

Balzaretti Kovac? X (Filipe?) Chiellini

Marchionni Zanetti X Nedved

Bojinov Del Peiro

Thats the most logical line-up up to now.
We will get a new GK(strange cause we have Mirante allready), a central defender(seems like Filipe is coming) and a central M. (isn't Muntari a possibility)

For our bench we allready habe that new GK, Birindelli. The others will probably be some youngsters and cheaper prospects for the near future.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
--------------------Buffon
--Balzaretti-----Kovac---Felipe(Tudor)--Chielini
-------Marchioni----Zanetti-----Nedved
-----Palladion-------------Del piero
--------------------Trez (Bojinov)

that might be too offensive but it could be ok for serie B. in diffecult matches we can use this:

--Balzaretti-----Kovac---Felipe(Tudor)--Chielini
-----------------Zanetti-----Paro
-----Marchioni(Palladino)-----Nedved------Del piero
--------------------Trez (Bojinov)

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #684
    Dominic said:
    What about Marchionni? And maybe even Camoranesi?
    we could play something like maresca put in

and in my formation i would put marchionni either in bojinov's position or even in neddy's/paro's position as he did play with parma behind the strikers in that advanced role.

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
    All the squad:

Gk: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi

Df: Balzaretti, Kovac, COLOCCINI, Chiellini, Birindelli, Legrottaglie, FATY, Masiello.

Mf: Camoranesi, C.Zanetti, APPIAH, Nedved, Marchionni, Giannichedda, Paro, Guzman.

St: Trezeguet, Del Piero, Bojinov, SAVIOLA, Palladino

Stimpy

Dec 6, 2005
    good squad. but look at the news about Camo...http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug19e.html
    :eyebrows: ohhhh the sell... or what!l

Dalton said:
    All the squad:

Gk: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi

Df: Balzaretti, Kovac, COLOCCINI, Chiellini, Birindelli, Legrottaglie, FATY, Masiello.

Mf: Camoranesi, C.Zanetti, APPIAH, Nedved, Marchionni, Giannichedda, Paro, Guzman.

St: Trezeguet, Del Piero, Bojinov, SAVIOLA, Palladino

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    I think this is the time to give youngsters the opportunity or look for young talents elsewhere and give them time now that we are in B.
    Instead of Saviola why not Palladino or Miccoli?

OP
    sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #689
    ok season started lets talk formations
    this is wat DD thought of from the begining, and from wat i read it was solid defensively and we scored as well.

---------------------------------------gigi----------------------------------------

-------biri-------------boumsong-------------kovac------------chiellini-------

------marchionni--------------paro------gianni----------------neddy--------

----------------------alex-------------------zala-------------------------------

very stable formation but we didnt create as much as we wanted although we have paro,neddy,marchionni and i would put alex there as well. So we have some creative force there but we couldnt break the rimini defense.

after the goal Boji was introduced and was changed to something like this i reckon
    same backline but different set up upfront and midfield.

-------------------------------------paro----------------------------------------
    ---------------------------marchionni---------neddy---------------------------
    -----------boji-------------------zala--------------------alex----------------
    (i didnt see the game am just predicting the formation to be something like that)

i cant see this as a good formation as we cant use paro in that position, we need someone like zanetti or gianni.I wont comment on the forward set up cuz i just predicted it.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Point is that we cant defend that well without two defensive midfielders and we cant create withour three attackers,(or an attacking mid more)
    it seems that DD follows Cap's step and doesnt want to use a playmaker,
    Rimini is supposed to be a very easy opponent and there is a great diference in quality between the two teams,
    DD failed to use that diference at his advantage...
    Rimini is also an attacking minded team (as DD outlined)
    wich means they are dangerous to score the kind of goals they scored,
    BUT are much more to keen to concede than most of the other teams that play with 10 players behind the ball,
    if we cant score against Rimini that means we are going to have a hell of a hard time to score against the majority of the serie B team,
    that prefere to defend and make a draw results...

DD have to find a scheme that would be efficient at tha attack,
    he has good forwards, good wingers, he can create the best goal machine in serie B.He must create a team able to score much, in a level the other teams cant follow,we cant ask him to adapt the team at every match, depending to the opponent as he sould, because he cant, he has to find a scheme good against everyone.
    Unforunately he is not a complete coach yet, he has no idea about the Italian serie B, the players, the coaches, the system, he will learn by mistakes and we will pay those mistakes...

Jul 28, 2002
    433 with paro gianni and neddy in midfield, marco trez dp trident upfront, and a backline of balza Kovac tudor chiellini. Simple

OP
    sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #694
    Cronios said:
    Point is that we cant defend that well without two defensive midfielders and we cant create withour three attackers,(or an attacking mid more)
    it seems that DD follows Cap's step and doesnt want to use a playmaker,
    Rimini is supposed to be a very easy opponent and there is a great diference in quality between the two teams,
    DD failed to use that diference at his advantage...
    Rimini is also an attacking minded team (as DD outlined)
    wich means they are dangerous to score the kind of goals they scored,
    BUT are much more to keen to concede than most of the other teams that play with 10 players behind the ball,
    if we cant score against Rimini that means we are going to have a hell of a hard time to score against the majority of the serie B team,
    that prefere to defend and make a draw results...

DD have to find a scheme that would be efficient at tha attack,
    he has good forwards, good wingers, he can create the best goal machine in serie B.He must create a team able to score much, in a level the other teams cant follow,we cant ask him to adapt the team at every match, depending to the opponent as he sould, because he cant, he has to find a scheme good against everyone.
    Unforunately he is not a complete coach yet, he has no idea about the Italian serie B, the players, the coaches, the system, he will learn by mistakes and we will pay those mistakes...
    agreed

Although some ppl wont like it, But we need to be a bit systematic.Something like a winning machine.Forget abt performances for now.That could/should come later.

I dont mind the 4-4-2, its abt the personnel who r in it.I think the formation DD started with is alrite.And would be almost perfect with the return of Trezi.

DD's knowledge of serie B is a big point.Lets hope his staff do a good job for him.Cuz he will need it.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
    Nov 4, 2004
    Bojinov has to be a starter since he knows Serie B very well. Zebina has to start because in fact he is the best of the bad options beside we didnt like him because he screwed things up against teams like Liverpool, Madrid, and other top clubs but against teams like Rimini etc he will be world class. Beside he is still on our pay roll. Balzaretti has to play because he is really good and because he knows Serie B.

---------------Buffon---------------
    Chiellieni--Zebina--Kovac--Balza
    -----------Paro----Zanetti---------
    Marchioni-------------------Neddy
    -----------DP---------Bojinov-----

or (and i really prefer this)

---------------Buffon---------------
    Chiellieni--Zebina--Kovac--Balza
    ---------------Zanetti--------------
    ---------Camo--------Nedved-----
    ---------------Del Piero------------
    -------------Bojinov--Trez---------

Jul 11, 2006
    -----------Buffon

Balza-----Kovac----Boumsong-----Chiellini

Marchionni---Zanetti-----Paro------Nedved

----------------------------Del Piero
    ------------Trezeguet

we should give Boom Boom another chance...if we bench players after 1 bad game we can also bench Del Piero...he did absolutely nothing yesterday

Zanetti is better than Gianni I think

And pls no more Zalayeta:disagree:

all hopes rest on Trezi

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Valderrama said:
    we should give Boom Boom another chance...if we bench players after 1 bad game we can also bench Del Piero...he did absolutely nothing yesterday
    1. Boumsong 'should be benched'. It was a hurrendous debut imo, made two fatal errors and deserves the bench.

2. We lacked pace the entire game, and we lacked strength in midfield along with creativity.

3. Del Piero ahd an ok game, I don't think he was terrible, but I do believe that perhaps Palladino might make the better start. When he came on he looked lively.

4. In general, I think our team is too flooded with strikers, I don't know why we have soo much. We used Bojinov on the left, and this is what I DONT like! I hate it when players are put out of position!
    Bojinov, Del Piero, Palladino, Zalayeta, Trezeguet

I would have atleast gotten rid of Zalayeta. We could've started with DP Bojinov.

----------------Trezeguet

---------Palladino------Marchionni

Nedved--------Giannicheda----------Camo

Chiellini----Kovac---Legro------Balzaretti

I think this is our best bet
    Or you can switch Camo and Marchionni along with DP and Palladino and Trez for Bojinov.
    I know its highly unlikely that DP starts on the bench, but Palladino seems more suited in serie B, from watching our first game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Enough of the straight 4-4-2, please. We have been plagued with that crap for too long now.

Buffon

Balzaretti - Birindelli - Kovac - Chiellini

Zanetti - Paro - Nedved

Marchionni - Trezeguet - Bojinov (Del Piero)

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
    With 4-4-2 and Trezeguet up, we would need a playmaker to make the most of Trezegol style of play. He's basically moving only when inside the box so good passes over the defense line are needed. Unfortunately we don't have a traditional playmaker. This means the sidebacks need to play forward and give those crosses and that's well covered with Chiellini and Balzaretti. Unfortunately, again, the central defenders and defensive midfielders aren't (good) enough to cover the space left open in the wings when the opponent counter attacks.

With 4-3-3 we could use wingers on bringing up the crosses to our central forward. This on the other hand means that Del Piero won't be able to play in the starting lineup. We all saw how his game lacked form when he played on the left wing in WC2006

OP
    sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #700
    wats with the 4-4-2? i really dont mind it.We had creative players in that setup but they didnt play as a team.

many teams play with 4-4-2 and they as creative as u can get.

Howeveri agree with you Andy, with the current players we have ,we could give the 4-3-3 a go.Since also apparently serie B has faster pace than serie A, and the teams r actually attacking us not closing down and defending with 11 players.
    So the counters r going to count.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)