Tactics and Formations (15 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Lol costa and Bernie genuine wingers but we want Mario back as a winger?

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully costa will be ready
We need to be clever. Attack, yet have the players who can cover the flanks with ease. Get at them early and get that first goal. Then hopefully if Geps plan goes to plan? Then release the energy of Costa and Berna in the mix for the last 30min. To continue the streak. My job here is done.

(Drops mic)

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I think I know what the ultimate problem of the entire club is: inability to prioritize games (i.e. choosing battles, saving the motivation, focus and energy on games that truly matter -- CL).

We never play relaxed in meaningless games. Real and Milan have won most of their CLs when they didn't give a shit about the league. It's time we didn't give a shit about Scudetto.
Not really. When Real won in 2014; they led la liga for a lot of the season and only lost in the end due to several injuries to key players. The league went to the final match day where Atletico won. When they won in 2016, the league also went to the final match day and they lost narrowly by 1-point after finishing on like 93 points. They won the league in 2017 with the CL. Only really last season did they fall considerably behind Barca that all they could do was rfocus on the CL but I don’t think they neglect the league to focus on it as a rule of thumb because it would just be an idiotic thing to do as so many factors come into play (some out of your control) to win such a cup competition.

I don’t think Juve should necessarily forget about the Sudetto in order to win the CL. We should have a squad deep enough with quality to sufficiently compete in both.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Once again:

Szczesny
Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, A. Sandro
Bernardeschi, Can, Matuidi, D. Costa
Mario/Dybala, Ronaldo

Mandzukic and Cancelo would also act as backups for the wings. Plenty of games to be played for both Dybala and Mandzukic.

Can there instead of Pjanic obviously because of balance. In a two-CM system, it has to be Can-Matuidi, otherwise midfield is too light.

Based on our heat maps, we exclusively attack down the flanks and rarely attack through the middle, yet don't play our wingers. Three subpar CMs + three strikers who don't defend...that neither helps with defense nor attack. All it does is make the team unbalanced and play poorly.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Can and Matuidi in a midfield two :rofl::yuck::inter:

A slow ass kebab making mofo and a dude who can't control a ball or make a diagonal pass if his life depended on it. I think I'm gonna pass on that suggestion.
Come to think of it, I’ve never actually seen Matuidi play a long diagonal pass or play a pass to switch the play. I’ve only ever seen him play the ball sideways and on the ground.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Not really. When Real won in 2014; they led la liga for a lot of the season and only lost in the end due to several injuries to key players. The league went to the final match day where Atletico won. When they won in 2016, the league also went to the final match day and they lost narrowly by 1-point after finishing on like 93 points. They won the league in 2017 with the CL. Only really last season did they fall considerably behind Barca that all they could do was rfocus on the CL but I don’t think they neglect the league to focus on it as a rule of thumb because it would just be an idiotic thing to do as so many factors come into play (some out of your control) to win such a cup competition.

I don’t think Juve should necessarily forget about the Sudetto in order to win the CL. We should have a squad deep enough with quality to sufficiently compete in both.
Not forget but prioritize. We prioritize the Scudetto.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
4-3-1-2 left lots of gaps on flanks;(not necessarily a formation problem but game plan) making matuidi and Ben have to shuffle to help out mattia and sandro on D or immediately resort to support the attack when we got the ball..Then again when we lost the ball immediately, it was difficult to cover the open spaces giving them room to breathe. If Barz were healthy I'd prefer a 3412..Sandro+cancelo (can sub Bernard for more attack in second) covering flanks playing high up, pjanic+can in mid with Dybala at 1 spot..IDK what is for sure is we will lose again with similar set up...3412 and we press them starting at 3/4 like we should have last time NOT start playing defence in our 1/4 wtf was Allegri thinking? They had waaaay too much time in front of our 18..Speed down the flank won't win this match, pressing them back and playing width of field will..

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
4-3-1-2 left lots of gaps on flanks;(not necessarily a formation problem but game plan) making matuidi and Ben have to shuffle to help out mattia and sandro on D or immediately resort to support the attack when we got the ball..Then again when we lost the ball immediately, it was difficult to cover the open spaces giving them room to breathe. If Barz were healthy I'd prefer a 3412..Sandro+cancelo (can sub Bernard for more attack in second) covering flanks playing high up, pjanic+can in mid with Dybala at 1 spot..IDK what is for sure is we will lose again with similar set up...3412 and we press them starting at 3/4 like we should have last time NOT start playing defence in our 1/4 wtf was Allegri thinking? They had waaaay too much time in front of our 18..Speed down the flank won't win this match, pressing them back and playing width of field will..
the problem in the midfield is that
Can,Matuidi and Bentancur are mids in a 2man midfield and we make them play in a three man mid when neither of them are fit for the role

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
the problem in the midfield is that
Can,Matuidi and Bentancur are mids in a 2man midfield and we make them play in a three man mid when neither of them are fit for the role
True but we don't have many options, either play 41212 and have matuidi, ben or khedira in front of the CBs (wirh no ball skills) or we can do a 4-2-1-3 (can+matuidi front of CBs) which I think opens them up more but pjanic would have to play high up at one spot..We need dybala wide on right wing this will stretch their back 4...Costa has the speed put not much else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)