Tactics and Formations (14 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
What I saw was not really our normal 4-4-2 because Cuadrado was playing way more inside than usual. And Cancelo was supplying most of the width.

I'm guessing Allegri is preparing the formation for when Berna gets more minutes.
yea, and often when cancelo was pushing forward, cuadrado dropped back to cover the flank while cancelo tried to return to his position

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
------------------Woj
Cancelo--Bonucci--Chiello-A.Sandro
-----------------Pjanic
------------Berna---Matuidi
-----Costa----------------Ronaldo
----------------Mandzu

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Meh some of u need to move on, too much tears in players threads :p.

Perin
Cancelo Bon Chiello AS
Emre Pjanic
Costa Dybala Ronaldo
Mandzo

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Football to me is about sentiment. If you dont agree, theres little to add I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Last of the mohicans.
I partially agree, but I also think we're just getting a little old. Seeing Bonucci spraying long balls, Chiellini diving into headers and Mandzukic chasing down attackers does have a certain vintage feel to it. Even Bernardeschi's energetic and angry cameo today reminded me somewhat of Nedved/Camo.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I partially agree, but I also think we're just getting a little old. Seeing Bonucci spraying long balls, Chiellini diving into headers and Mandzukic chasing down attackers does have a certain vintage feel to it. Even Bernardeschi's energetic and angry cameo today reminded me somewhat of Nedved/Camo.
Yea for sure we are getting old. These football Idols are a lot more impressive to watch when you are a teenager.

Perhaps the most important, the one that saw our revival.
Yea and the last links to the serie b herpes.

Same here. I don't think I've ever been less interested in the team than right now.
I cant stop myself from watching though. Far from it even.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not permanently, and not if he were to play CF...idk really. It's so hard to leave one out with the quality we have up front.
Yeah it’s a selection headache for max. I guess remember CR7 should be the only guarantee and consistent rotation with everyone else in attack :boh:

Gaidamack

Jan 5, 2018
Would it be too crazy to convert Bonucci to DM? I mean Rugani and Benatia (who was our best CB last season) are better defensively, and Bonbon is really good with long pass and build-up play, it just seems normal for him to be a DM, which will put Pjanic in a more attacking position.

Also the biggest headache for Allegri this season would be the attacking positions, obviously. While Ronaldo always going to be our first chois (I know he will get tons of rest in Serie A, to be fresh come the late stages of CL, like he did past couple of season with RM), Allegri needs to pick two out of Manzukic, Dybala, DC, Berna and Cuadrado.

Cancelo-Benatia-Chiellini-AS
Can-Bonucci-Pjanic
DC-Dybala-Ronaldo

If Allegri puts Berna in mezzalla position that would also be internsting, and whoever plays better between Manzu and Dybala needs to strat along side CR7. But either way it seems that our front 3 (or 4) are very tactically flexible and a lot of them can play in more than one position, so I guess like always, it would take until mid-November for things to gel.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
last season we fielded a different XI each game until i dont know anymore when (maybe whole season?), expect the same this year. and with 3-4 different formations obviosly

:allegri:

Jul 8, 2018
I think Ronaldo can still play up top with the right people he was still able to create chances and space, love Cuad but he does so much better coming on as a super sub. As a starter he always seems to stop, slow our attack, or make the wrong decision, change him out with Berna.

I think they just sold out to plug our middle and focused on taking out Dybala, which is why we were able to bring it up the wings so easily. No doubt he can do better but some of it I think should be credited to Chievo.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Just a thought

-----------------------------SZCZESNY-----------------------------

---------------BENATIA----BONUCCI----CHIELLINI---------------

CUADRADO----BERNARDESCHI----PJANIC-----CAN------COSTA

----------------------DYBALA-------RONALDO--------------------

Costa and Cuadrado would make excellent wing backs with Berna as the Mazzala

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)