Tactics and Formations (26 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yes, it's kind of interesting how those english teams will end up in CL with 3 center backs: Chelsea, City, Tottenham (sometimes), Arsenal (in EL :seven:)
TBF to City they have average defenders so they almost are forced to play extra defender to add more wall in the back of their leaky defense.

Chelsea migh be the only one to actually do well with it if Morata ends up scoring those big game goals for them.

Tottenham are not going to do anything. Overrated and hyped team which plays some nice football in epl but fcks it up in europe. I wouldnt be surprised if Real humiliates them in this group. Arsenal can play what they want, they arent contenders of anything these days.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We struggled years with the 3-5-2 system in the CL. I really dont think adding extra CB is going to improve anything.
We struggled with the 352 because it offered zero width and it left the opposing LB and RB unmarked. not the case with the 343/3421 where you can double the wings.

And you also underestimate Pjanic's defensive contribution if you think Matuidi would have to do all the dirty work. Pjanic matured a lot in that regard since joining us.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Sturaro-Rugani-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Bernardeschi-----Matuidi
Cuadrado---------------------------Costa
Dybala​

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Howedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Cuadrado-Pjanic-Matuidi-AS
Costa-Dybala-Berna

Could be a very interesting formation to try out. Having 3 CB would hopefully also mean that Mandzu does not have to play for his contribution on defensive setplayes.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Lichtsteiner - Rugani - Chiellini - Sandro
Pjanic - Matuidi
Cuadrado - Dybala - Costa
Mandzukic​

I believe that Max is coming close to finding his best 11. Obviously Higuain would probably go in there over Mandzu, but he's in bad form right now.

Lichtsteiner - Rugani - Chiellini - Sandro
Pjanic - Matuidi - Bernardeschi
Cuadrado - Dybala - Costa​

I would really like to see us try this formation. Dybala as a 9 (like he was at Palermo) with two fast wingers on either side of him; and Bernardeschi as the most advanced of a 3 man midfield, carrying the ball to our attack.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Eventually hoping we are adaptable enough that we can do this

Sciglio - Rugani - Chiellini - Sandro
Pjanic - Matuidi
Cuadrado - Dybala - Mandzukic
Higuain

Pjanic - Matuidi - Khedira
Dybala - Higuain - Costa

Barzagli - Rugani - Chiellini
Cuadrado - Matuidi - Pjanic - Sandro
Dybala - Mandzukic - Costa​

And finally, this is a slightly interesting one but against softer teams, an aggressive 4-2-2-2 might work really well.
Pjanic - Matuidi
Bernardeschi - Costa
Dybala - Higuain/Mandzukic​

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I have never seen a more technically gifted Juventus than this year. I have seen different eras with different qualities, all bringing joyful memories. But I have never seen a Juventus with so many players that can beat their man. I like this team, but it will take some time to get used to.

Neither can I recall ever watching a Juventus side with so many Brazilians. Really like this squad although we obviously lack a RB. Let's hope DS returns to his younger/national-self. Not expecting him to shine but would be OK if he at least could hold his ground. Only time will tell if Matuidi is the destroyer we needed this year, so far so good.

Regarding tactics I am open to any formation. I would for each game choose players based on form and fatigue after that go for compatibility, then see where the formation lands. We have so many options this year, great step forward.

Apr 19, 2007
I think you're watching Juventus Bucharest not Juventus Turin
You are wrong. In the 3-5-2 we were constantly pinned back against the better teams in europe and our "width" were in our box way to much. We lost our wide outlet when we won the ball. When we controlled the game they provided good width to us but at least during the conte era we rarely controlled any european game

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We desperately need midfielders with ball retention. Apart from Pjanic, none of our midfielders have it. Meanwhile Real Madrid have Isco, Modric, Kroos, Kovacic and Cellabos.

No wonder we got steamrolled in the final.

Another idea would be to play Bernardeschi in the most advanced role of a 3 man midfield.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We desperately need midfielders with ball retention. Apart from Pjanic, none of our midfielders have it. Meanwhile Real Madrid have Isco, Modric, Kroos, Kovacic and Cellabos.

No wonder we got steamrolled in the final.

Another idea would be to play Bernardeschi in the most advanced role of a 3 man midfield.
wat?

Bencantur has been very good. Matuidi has like high 80s or 90s with pass %.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
wat?

Bencantur has been very good. Matuidi has like high 80s or 90s with pass %.
Perhaps ball retention was the wrong word and should be replaced with creativity. We really don't have much of it in our midfield apart from Pjanic and the rare occasion Marchisio is fit these days. Bentancur plays some nice passes but he's no Pjanic yet. This is why I've been screaming to make Bernardeschi a permanent starter as the most attacking midfielder in a 3 man midfield (like Iniesta or Zidane).

Dybala's first touch is inconsistent, he cannot play with his back to goal, and he's not strong enough on the ball to play as AM. Dybala however is probably the best finisher we have in our team right now, so he should be playing as close to goal as possible. Dybala should play only as SS, ST, or inside RW. Nothing else. Bernas first touch is consistent and unlike Dybala he had the physicality and workfare to play in midfield. However, he's not as good as Dybala at scoring goals, so Berna should be the one supplying Dybala (not the other way around).

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Berna - Pjanic - Matuidi​

Or play a diamond:

Higuain - Dybala
Berna
Matuidi - Pjanic - Marchisio​

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Buffon
Barzagli - Rugani - Chiello
Cuadrado - Pjanic - Bentancur/Matuidi - Bernardeschi - Sandro
Dybala - Higgy​

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Barzagli - Rugani - Chiello
Cuadrado - Pjanic - Matuidi - Sandro
Bernardeschi - Dybala - Douglas Costa​

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Licht - Rugani - Chiello - Sandro
Cuadrado - Pjanic - Matuidi - DC/Berna
Dybala
Higuaín​

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Formation: 3412
Barzagli Rugani Chiellini
Cuad Marchisio Bentancur Sandro
Pjanic
Dybala Mandzukic
Or
Barzagli Rugani Chiellini
Berna Marchisio Matuidi Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Dybala Higuain

Formation: 4 2 3 1
Higuain
Mandzu-Dybala-Cuadrado
Matuidi-Pjanic
Sandro-Chiellini-Barzagli-Sturaro

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)