Tactics and Formations (10 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
An obligation, which by definition, means it'll have to be paid ;) We may not have spent it yet, but it's as good as done.

Higuain, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, Pjaca, and Kean/Keita. 8 offensive players for 4 positions sounds about right. We aren't going to revert to a 3 man midfield just because we bought Matuidi (should've purchased Tolisso :sigh:) We have nowhere near enough depth or quality to deploy a 3 man midfield without taking massive risks, thus it will not become our staple/main formation. We might use it in Europe against a Madrid or Atletico, or any other team that might run us ragged, but it's definitely not going to be our primary formation.
Costa transfer is an option, not an obligation.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Next summer priority might be keeper. I just dont know how Szezny is going to take Buffon place if he sits on bench here full year. He wont be in-form. Maybe Allegri will start doing some rotation but we shall see.

Makes sense to go big for someone like Oblak. Or what was that Donnarumma buy out clause again? Which might result in selling Dybala for big bucks. Looking at what is going on, we could get a 3 digit offer for Dybala.
If we are willing to sell Dybala to fund goalkeeper then the management are more retarded than I thought. Sacrifice your best/most marketable to buy a goalkeeper :howler: I know some Tuzzers think lesbo druggie Berna is an adequate/suitable replacement, but that is laughable.

We shouldn't be fucking selling any of our best players anyway; this shit has to stop.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
If we are willing to sell Dybala to fund goalkeeper then the management are more retarded than I thought. Sacrifice your best/most marketable to buy a goalkeeper :howler: I know some Tuzzers think lesbo druggie Berna is an adequate/suitable replacement, but that is laughable.

We shouldn't be $#@!ing selling any of our best players anyway; this $#@! has to stop.
We have been selling for years now. Keeper is important position for us and i can see them priorities it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not important enough to sell your biggest asset. If we sell Dybala and/or Alex Sandro the management should $#@! off back to Sampdoria, and take anyone who supports their retarded behavior with them.
Next summer either sandro or dybala is going to be sold to fund our mercato

- - - Updated - - -

We have been selling for years now. Keeper is important position for us and i can see them priorities it.
It is ridiculous that we have to sell players before buying players

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I just hope we stick to 4-2-3-1 and dont change formation in middle of season to 4-3-3. I was hoping all these winger were brought to play 4-2-3-1 and now Matuidi comes we switch to 3 men midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I really think we are going to be alternating between 4231 and 433 (or 4312) all season long with every once and a while playing a back 3.

Given that we are still being linked with Strootman (and Gomes) despite landing Matuidi is telling you plainly, that Allegri wants 6 top class CMs. That is clearly giving you a clue.

My guess is we are going to end up with Garay, Spinazzola, another CM (Strootman or Gomes), and Keita/Schick for Cuadrado. Asamoah, Cuadrado, Sturaro, and Kean (loaned out) will be making way. That means we will have 9 defenders, 6 high quality CMs, and 7 attacking mids / forwards.

Aside from the "system" we use. One thing is for certain. Given that our right backs are not that impressive at attacking (we will see about Spinazzola if he arrives and try him there), the right back will probably be instructed not to attack as much and focus what they are supposedly better at - defending. Not having Bonucci means we need another solution when we are being pressed to pass our way out of defence - this is where playing a mid 3 helps a great deal. This could be a big part of the reason we opt for a 433. My guess is that we use 4231 more often in Serie A and 433 more in Europe.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hi,

What would you like to see?
I'd like us to be less rigid in terms of formation & alternate between 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and occasionally 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-4.

In the end those are just numbers of course. Doesn't necessarily mean a lot.

Regardless, a lot of quality players are going to "rot on the bench" for big parts of the season. And it's gonna be interesting to see how we'll cope with that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not sure if you're referring to my post, but please do.

I've been fake fanning for a few weeks now. :nervous:
Not yours in general, just something Allegri said in a recent interview where people were obsessed with talking about numbers and formations but that it was a bit rubbish because he wants flexibility throughout a game.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
4-3-3
Buffon
MDS-Rugani-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Marchisio-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Higuan-Berna

Or
4-3-1-2

Buffon
Marchisi-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala
Higuain-Mandzukic​

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
4-3-3
Buffon
Marchisio-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Higuan-Berna

Or
4-3-1-2

Buffon
Marchisi-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala
Higuain-Mandzukic​

If we are going to go for a 4-3-3, I would like to try Berna out as the most offensive of the Midfielders. Kind of like the same role Pogba had here the last year with a lot of freedom to attack. I think he has the size, tactical awareness and stamina to be effective in that role. Marchisio should be Pjanic sub as the DM/ regista.
1 team:
Buffon
MDS-Rugani-Chiellini-AS
Matuidi-Pjanic-Berna
Dybala-Higuain-Costa

2 team:
The Pole
Licht-Barza-Benatia-Asa
Bentancur-Marchisio-Khedira
Cuadrado-Mandzu-Pjaca

Hopefully we will get Spina and a starting quality RB before the transfer window close.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If we are going to go for a 4-3-3, I would like to try Berna out as the most offensive of the Midfielders. Kind of like the same role Pogba had here the last year with a lot of freedom to attack. I think he has the size, tactical awareness and stamina to be effective in that role. Marchisio should be Pjanic sub as the DM/ regista.
1 team:
Buffon
MDS-Rugani-Chiellini-AS
Matuidi-Pjanic-Berna
Dybala-Higuain-Costa

2 team:
The Pole
Licht-Barza-Benatia-Asa
Bentancur-Marchisio-Khedira
Cuadrado-Mandzu-Pjaca

Hopefully we will get Spina and a starting quality RB before the transfer window close.
I think on the left side we should use someone who is right footed. Berna, Mandzukic even Pjaca instead of Costa!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)