Tactics and Formations (33 Viewers)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
ffs will people stop to get so hung up on this 0 shots on target stat? i wasn´t happy with our offensive display against atletico but reducing it to this one stat is just retarded.
atletico had a shitload of 2 shots on target. the goal and a shot from distance by mandzukic which forced a routine safe from gigi, whereas on the other side pogba barely missed the goal from a much better position...
pogba had a way better chance and yet madzukic´s shot counts as shot on goal and pogba´s doesn´t... brilliant. us hitting the post doesn´t count either...

another example from yesterday´s game: pjanic shooting wide from 3m out after gervinho burned ogbonna. doesn´t count as a shot on goal, so nothing happened. brilliant.

btw: didn´t arsenal score a goal against barca some years ago without even having had a single shot on goal? :tup:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
yeah i know. he actually is on my ignore list. i just saw his post because you quoted him on the last page :D.
anyways, he isn´t the only one who keeps on bringing up that stat.

it´s just such a retarded way to blame the 352. atletico won against teams like barca and real with their precious 433/4231/... and nobody cares but when we lose with 352 it PROOFS that the formation is shit.
same two years ago when bayern beat us 4:0 on aggregate including a very weirdly deflected goal and a gigi mistake + offside... -> "lol 352!"
2 weeks later barca got raped 7:0 on aggregate while playing 433 with their 600mio squad. -> "let´s play 433!"

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
yeah i know. he actually is on my ignore list. i just saw his post because you quoted him on the last page :D.
anyways, he isn´t the only one who keeps on bringing up that stat.

it´s just such a retarded way to blame the 352. atletico won against teams like barca and real with their precious 433/4231/... and nobody cares but when we lose with 352 it PROOFS that the formation is shit.
same two years ago when bayern beat us 4:0 on aggregate including a very weirdly deflected goal and a gigi mistake + offside... -> "lol 352!"
2 weeks later barca got raped 7:0 on aggregate while playing 433 with their 600mio squad. -> "let´s play 433!"
:tup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How about 0 shots on goal vs Atletico? Is that enough reason to change it?
Do not underestimate Atletico, IMO nowadays they are the best team in Europe in terms of defending as a unit. Fucks sake the likes of Real and Barca couldnt break them down. Its not like their defensive displays are one off either, they have consistently neutrilised Real and Barcas attack.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Do not underestimate Atletico, IMO nowadays they are the best team in Europe in terms of defending as a unit. Fucks sake the likes of Real and Barca couldnt break them down. Its not like their defensive displays are one off either, they have consistently neutrilised Real and Barcas attack.
you will probably get quoted 3-8 times now with some retards telling you that your argument is invalid because they conceded 3 goals in 13min against valencia ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Is it just me or is our bigger problem our style of play rather than the 352?
I think our style of play has to do with the players we have at our disposal in our curent formation and the way we attack.
Its all bound together.

Since we have a lot of troubles opening defences from the mid... because most of the time is pretty crowded, we always , always go for the wing play with asa, licht or Evra since those areas are way less crowded... but we fail to capitalize on using that space most of the time for a number of reasons that have to do with the offensive prowess of our wingers.

Getting other offensive wingers could solve this issue... but then we would miss the solidity and hardwork from asamoah and Licht. Getting players that would offer teh same defensively and on top of that ebing very attacking minded and skilled..would cost a fortune. In fact i cant think on available players who could offer that.

So IMO is easier to tweak the formation a little and use other players if we really want to continue using our spaces on the wings.

Dont get mad at me guys, i love you all.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I think our style of play has to do with the players we have at our disposal in our curent formation and the way we attack.
Its all bound together.

Since we have a lot of troubles opening defences from the mid... because most of the time is pretty crowded, we always , always go for the wing play with asa, licht or Evra since those areas are way less crowded... but we fail to capitalize on using that space most of the time for a number of reasons that have to do with the offensive prowess of our wingers.

Getting other offensive wingers could solve this issue... but then we would miss the solidity and hardwork from asamoah and Licht. Getting players that would offer teh same defensively and on top of that ebing very attacking minded and skilled..would cost a fortune. In fact i cant think on available players who could offer that.

So IMO is easier to tweak the formation a little and use other players if we really want to continue using our spaces on the wings.

Since this 352 formation is rather Italian there aren't that many teams out there using it. And because of that it's hard to point at a player to reinforce a LWB/RWB. IMO Lichtsteiner is a world class fullback since he offers solid defending, stamina and decent offensive play. Not many fullbacks offer as much allround as Lichtsteiner does. But he's no winger - he's nowhere near as dangerous up front as someone like Coman. So for us to play Coman as a RW instead of Lichtsteiner as a RWB would really add to our offensive play.
We've been through this so many times - basicly people dont understand that a wingback does not offer anything near what a pure winger does in terms of attacking play, and they tend to believe a solid 5 man defense is way to hold a 1-0 lead and win games the usual way. Classic italian id say..

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Its all bound together.

We wont miss them if they play as full backs, just get rid of the extra centerback and we can play with true wingers (when we have them)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We wont miss them if they play as full backs, just get rid of the extra centerback and we can play with true wingers (when we have them)

I know. Im talking about using more ofensive minded winbacks in place of them who could offer more in attack... but IMO those trades come at a risk,...and that could result in the 352 losing shape or making us more vulnerable at the back than we would like to be.

So, to not have this dilemma, IMO would be better just to scrap the 352 altogether and use wingers and fullbacks like you said.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If things keep going as they are, it's very likely Juve will be forced into playing a back four before very long.

Waiting for an update of Caceres, but it's easy to imagine Juve having to play for the best part of a month with only three centre-halves available.

One of them is very likely to get injured/suspended in that time.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We'd be stupid to carry on with a back 3 when we're down to 3 CBs. Meaning there will come a time where we're forced to transition into a back 4 during a game, and that could blow up in our faces

If we needed an excuse to switch things up a little, we have one

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
It wouldn't even be a disaster at this point to go back to a basic 4-4-2 now that we have Evra with asamoah-marchisio-pogba-coman/pereyra across the middle until Vidal and Pirlo get their shit together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)