--------------- Buffon -----------------

Chiellin -- Bonucci -- Barzagali -- Hasan

Krasic ---- Melo ----- Aqua ----- Marchisio

------------Matri ---------- Toni--------------

Pepe,sorenson,momo,DP

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007

I think,we should try this against Inter,As Aqua is suspended,then is MOMO time,he needs to stay calm tho,I remember he got red carded because of that pussy Thiago Motta..

Matri will sort of play like Anelka in Chelsea,where he will try to receive from the left,and Marchisio will be the one closer to the box and distributing to either flanks..

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

I think,we should try this against Inter,As Aqua is suspended,then is MOMO time,he needs to stay calm tho,I remember he got red carded because of that pussy Thiago Motta..

Matri will sort of play like Anelka in Chelsea,where he will try to receive from the left,and Marchisio will be the one closer to the box and distributing to either flanks..
It makes no sense bringing in Momo to fill the gap left by Aquilani...A creator for a destroyer. Surely its more likely that Marchisio will take aquiliani's place, with martinez put on the left wing, and DP matri up front...unless pepe is fit, then he can take marchisio's left midfield spot. Would prefer him there to martinez, who seems more naturally a wide left forward.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
--------------- Buffon -----------------

Chiellin -- Bonucci -- Barzagali -- Hasan

Krasic ---- Melo ----- Aqua ----- Marchisio

------------Matri ---------- Toni--------------
Chiellini out right? Really?

And I'm not a fan of two targetmen spearheading an attack. Even though Matri is far more mobile than Amauri, I believe we would be too static in attack and resort to long balls after a while. We need a support striker in there who can create. Instead of this, I'd rather see a 4-3-3 with Krasic, Matri and Martinez up top. More movement, more confusion.

I don't think Matri is anything like Anelka. The latter is quick, has solid dribbling skills, and a decent crosser. Matri is more of a targetman. Moreover, I don't think Momo should be anywhere near the starting XI.

Marchisio on the left again?
He's scoring from there and it's closer to the goal.
On the left of a 4-2-3-1, no less. That means he will have to get up the pitch even further to support the attack considering we only have one striker. So that's even worse than what we have now, quite frankly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's a 4-4-2, but DN isn't a strict constructionist of it. He allows for a little movement. And you also have to understand that since Marchisio isn't a winger, he's not going to bomb down the left flank... he's going to naturally gravitate towards the center of the pitch, but at least he has the freedom to do so under Del Neri.

Me? I don't like it for various reasons, including because opposition defenses can favor our right side to deal with Krasic. I want two wingers out there to stretch the pitch, otherwise it's too predictable like it is now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini - Barzagli - Chiellini - Sorensen has got to be our strongest defensive line and I really hope we keep playing that. Together with Marchisio and Krasic on the wings it looks damn well balanced and strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)