Tactics and Formations (28 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #921
    Chiellini - Barzagli - Chiellini - Sorensen has got to be our strongest defensive line and I really hope we keep playing that. Together with Marchisio and Krasic on the wings it looks damn well balanced and strong.
    Now just imagine we have two Chiellinis, one for the middle and one on the left side. People would definitely be envious.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Chiellini - Barzagli - Chiellini - Sorensen has got to be our strongest defensive line and I really hope we keep playing that. Together with Marchisio and Krasic on the wings it looks damn well balanced and strong.
    I agree that is the best team right now, but I'm not sure it's that well balanced.

Marchisio, while a perfectly solid player, is probably more defensive and inward looking than the left winger needs to be when playing with Chiellini behind him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It's not balanced at all. We need to get a proper LB if we want to use Marchisio out there, because we aren't going to create anything against the smaller sides that sit back against us. It must be said that Inter's defense yesterday was shambolic.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Chiellini has actually been pouring forward in these couple games. Even providing an assist. He's definitely been our most offensive LB we've used this year. If we had Grygera or Grosso there against Maicon, they wouldn't even dip their toes in Inter's half but Chiellini was willing to run the whole field.

Still, against the small teams I prefer Pepe there. :tuttosport:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Chiellini has actually been pouring forward in these couple games. Even providing an assist. He's definitely been our most offensive LB we've used this year.
    To be fair, Grosso gets forward a lot; he's just not very effective in doing so :D

Mafia

Pinturicchio
    Jul 21, 2006
    I find our main problem (apart from defensive stupidity and getting caught off guard by ridiculously simple long balls (the same kind of long balls we attempt on smaller teams and fail to convert mind you)) is the obvious missing link between the midfield and attack. Without Del Piero on the field our forwards are so isolated and static due to the fact that are midfield is pretty poor at distributing sharp attacking passes into dangerous areas. We are more than happy to constantly ship the ball out wide to Krasic, who by now has been figured out by every defender in the league it seems, and will just push the ball down the flank, run at full pace and attempt a cut back cross. Yes Toni and Matri are good in the air, i understand this, but if our play is so goddamn predictable, even the shittiest of defensive teams know to mark these two and clear away the crosses. It's like defending set pieces for a whole game, something that even shitty teams are good at, as it is easy to implement in training. When you watch AC Milan destroy teams, it is usually because of their fast paced passes into danger areas, such as inside the box, fairly direct efforts, and playing the ball through or to feet in more central areas. I am not saying never cross, because Toni and Matri again are very good in the air, and Toni isnt too special with his feet. But the consistency with which we do the exact same thing every single play, (attack slowly and then retreat out wide and try to cross) is appalling. Krasic and Aquilani need to cut into the heart of defensive and play those killer through passes and quick touches to allow for more shots and such, we are Juventus, our players should be of high technical ability (emphasis on "should be"), and thus should be able to finish off such chances. Anyone agree, disagree, have any thoughts on my comments, very interested to get some feedback. Thanks.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    I find our main problem (apart from defensive stupidity and getting caught off guard by ridiculously simple long balls (the same kind of long balls we attempt on smaller teams and fail to convert mind you)) is the obvious missing link between the midfield and attack. Without Del Piero on the field our forwards are so isolated and static due to the fact that are midfield is pretty poor at distributing sharp attacking passes into dangerous areas. We are more than happy to constantly ship the ball out wide to Krasic, who by now has been figured out by every defender in the league it seems, and will just push the ball down the flank, run at full pace and attempt a cut back cross. Yes Toni and Matri are good in the air, i understand this, but if our play is so goddamn predictable, even the shittiest of defensive teams know to mark these two and clear away the crosses. It's like defending set pieces for a whole game, something that even shitty teams are good at, as it is easy to implement in training. When you watch AC Milan destroy teams, it is usually because of their fast paced passes into danger areas, such as inside the box, fairly direct efforts, and playing the ball through or to feet in more central areas. I am not saying never cross, because Toni and Matri again are very good in the air, and Toni isnt too special with his feet. But the consistency with which we do the exact same thing every single play, (attack slowly and then retreat out wide and try to cross) is appalling. Krasic and Aquilani need to cut into the heart of defensive and play those killer through passes and quick touches to allow for more shots and such, we are Juventus, our players should be of high technical ability (emphasis on "should be"), and thus should be able to finish off such chances. Anyone agree, disagree, have any thoughts on my comments, very interested to get some feedback. Thanks.
    I agree with eveything you have posted.

To be fair milan have the players who can pass and create with cassano, zlatan, robinho, pirlo...i mean we dont have these kind of players at all.

Our biggest problem is that we dont pass the ball well, hence why del piero looks good when coming on, he adds that creativity in his passing. Plus we dont work hard enough off the ball to make space and play that good passing/linking type style of football. We play a bland style of football, predictable and no linkage between the midfield and forwards as you mentioned. We use a centre midfielder on the left wing to help protect that left back position which doesnt help either.

The very thing we lack is what we lost when we sold diego....realistically we need a player of his technique and attributes in midfield to link the play.

We always had a midfield and support striker who could create very well...ZZ, Davids, Deschamps...Nedved, Emerson, Vieira, Camo...Zambrotta...Del Piero...now we have a 36 year old del piero still looking like our most creative passer and player...we have melo and aquilani in the middle, not exactly the most powerful duo..krasic is great but needs a right back who is quality and tactics that help free him up to do what he does best...no left winger...toni and matri are not creative..quags isnt either...we lack so much.

Sciacca

I'm Fabio Capello
    Dec 19, 2009
    What's the point of talking about tactics, when you have a coach who is so predictable, someone who is scared of taking risks and changing the formations.

Apr 15, 2006
    Did anyone see how Krasic used to play centrally in some parts of the match, and how Pepe used to come to the right wing too? There was a time when Krasic AND Pepe were chasing the ball on the right wing. What kind of fucked up tactics is that?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    With the ball

Matri

Krasic

Marchisio Melo Aquilani Pepe​

Without the bal

Matri

Marchisio Krasic Aquilani Pepe

Melo​

That's it roughly anyway IMO. It was quite fluid.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    It looks like Delneri is staying and that we're going to stick with the 4-3-3ish formation.

Bucaro (Primavera manager): “The squad is growing and has adapted well to the new system (4-3-3) which has allowed individuals to flourish. I’m happy at how things are going; above all for last Saturday’s victory against Sampdoria, a game in which I played many who were born in 1993 and everyone showed me that they were up for the challenge. For the next two fixtures, we need to take to the field with a clear head, without thinking about Fiorentina’s result.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)