Tactics and Formations (8 Viewers)

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
A random thought...........

After the devastating loss to Napoli, I thought it was time to play some FM 2011, and see how well I would do with Juve, instead of DN.
First thing offcause, getting some new full backs.
But this turned out to be harder that I thought, to find some new and decent replacements.
Therefore, I cheated a little; I downloaded the FM 2011 Scout to see which fullbacks had the best current and potential rating.
Guess what. There were only very few players worthy of Juve, and those who was, are impossiple to buy. They simply cost too much or/and are not interrested to move to Juventus.

SOOO, this made me think...

Should we really play 4-4-2???

Look at Napoli, they are playing without fullbacks and doing just fine.

My point is: do any of you believe that a 3-man defence would work??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
With the Agger links i had some thoughts about 3-man defense too, but with Delneri that will never happen though, even if we were kinda having 3-man defense with Sorensen playing.

May 22, 2009
Well.. Playing a 3 man defence is not easy.. The manager must know how to train a team for a 3 man D. I have not heard of DN using any other formation than the 4-4-2 or the 4-4-1-1 system.. plus changing to a 3 man D atm could possibly create a lot of confusion in the movement of the team as a whole..

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
Yeah, you are propably right. I will never happen in real life. Also, both wingers would need to contribute back, which does not suite Krasic.

But honestly, if Juve are ever to among the best teams in the world again, then we need some really good fullbacks, but I can´t think of any that good who we can afford and who wants to join us too..

Dunno.. The whole fullback situation frustrates me:-S

Apr 19, 2007
Is it better to have a higher wingback and the same side as a high outside mid or hav a defensive one? It seems if Krasic is high and Sorensen or whoever sits back there is to much space. Barca runs the high fullback and winger...Messi and Alves. Just wonderin what you think

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
-----------Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
-----------------------------Pepe
-----------Sissoko
------Aquilani-----Melo
Krasic--------------Martinez
-----------Matri

Sissoko to become useful again running around covering people and smashing attacks. Played directly behind Melo and Aquilani instead of beside means he shares little possession. He's mostly there to cover Pepe.

Krasic and Pepe to rape the wings. Matri to poach. Martinez to play wherever, but mostly middle (to help krasic) and left.

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini do not move.

Aquilani on the right side of center to help Krasic. Melo on the left side to cover Pepe also.

In attack we have:
--Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
------------------Sissoko
-----Aquilani-------Melo
Krasic----------------------Pepe
--------------Martinez
----------Matri

In defense:

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini - Pepe
---Aquilani -- Sissoko --Melo
Krasic----------------------Martinez

-------------Matri

Now we can join the rest of Serie A and play modern football! Or at least use this formation against small teams and press from first minute and rape them like Napoli, Udinese, etc.

Do it Del Neri!

Bufi

Dec 21, 2010
-----------Buffon
-----------Sissoko
------Aquilani-----Melo
-----------Matri

Sissoko to become useful again running around covering people and smashing attacks. Played directly behind Melo and Aquilani instead of beside means he shares little possession. He's mostly there to cover Pepe.

Krasic and Pepe to rape the wings. Matri to poach. Martinez to play wherever, but mostly middle (to help krasic) and left.

Aquilani on the right side of center to help Krasic. Melo on the left side to cover Pepe also.

In attack we have:
-----Aquilani-------Melo
--------------Martinez
----------Matri

In defense:

-------------Matri

Now we can join the rest of Serie A and play modern football! Or at least use this formation against small teams and press from first minute and rape them like Napoli, Udinese, etc.

Do it Del Neri!
(Y)Very nice

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
-----------Buffon
-----------Sissoko
------Aquilani-----Melo
-----------Matri

In attack we have:
-----Aquilani-------Melo
--------------Martinez
----------Matri

In defense:

-------------Matri

Do it Del Neri!
It's just a Barca's formation ;-) Pepe=Alves etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffon

Sorensen - Bonucci - Chiellini - Pepe

Melo - Aquilani - Marchisio

Krasic - Matri - Martinez​

This is the best we can do right now.
I'll take it. Worth a shot to use Pepe at the back, it can't get any worse back there anyway. And again, we used the 4-3-3 against Milan with Martinez and it worked well, much better than some of these straight 4-4-2's we have used this season.

But everyone knows that once Toni is back in action, we'll probably use him and Matri together. Then we'll get longballicious again.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think we will look far better when De Ceglie comes back, if he can continue with his form. The reality is that Marchisio out left gives us some more cover of the left side allowing for a good attacking LB to bang in some crosses. Or even Pepe on the left.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'll take it. Worth a shot to use Pepe at the back, it can't get any worse back there anyway. And again, we used the 4-3-3 against Milan with Martinez and it worked well, much better than some of these straight 4-4-2's we have used this season.

But everyone knows that once Toni is back in action, we'll probably use him and Matri together. Then we'll get longballicious again.
Oh yeah, we signed toni :wallbang:

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I was going to take the time to make a formation but I'm tired, what's the use with Del Neri's adamant typical picks and The dreaded 4-4-2

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
My main problem with all these formation is the inclusion of Martinez, i find he really isn't fast enough or effective enough down the wing. Maybe that's just me. Anyone else have any thoughts on Martinez in a system such as the above ones?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)