Tactics and Formations (15 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think with the 3-5-2, we obviously play more through the wings, but then we also aply such a high line and our wing backs are often left exposed, and therefore on the counter we are screwed. With a 4-3-3 we are more compact and we could also get the best of our players
But we have more points in the league than at the same point last season, plus we've been in CL. So we're doing better in terms of results.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
What would make a huge difference to Juve would be having one player that the opposition really feared, so would focus on him and that would open up space for others.

Almost doesn't matter what/who that players is but having either a real physical presence up front or someone who could beat his man with some regularity - either at RWB or SS - would help an awful lot and mean that Juve didn't just have to rely on the system so much to grind teams down.

4-4-1-1. :heart:
is that a backdoor way of saying drogba is needed? would huntelaar forgive the spelling if wrong, strike fear in a defender? I know drogba would. An rwb or ss you are asking for is a rare commodity and saying hes expensive is an understatement. Just look a hazard, rarely tracks back and exposes ashely cole like no tomorrow. Nani is shit at tracking back, Elia shit well hes shit all around, I really dont think a RWB of that type is available but im no guru so i know there are many i missed. SS is possible but expensive and so is the bomber but we need to finally dish out that money because your right. defenders laugh at our attackers but shit bullets when our mids make those runs forward. we need a feared forward either ss or bomber

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Drogba would be a temporary solution.

Llorente would be good. Having someone in the box that opposition defenders feared in the air could also result in them trying to hold a higher line, which opens up other spaces and options. I think Juve's midfield runners would love playing with him because of how good he is with his back to goal - laying the ball off for on-rushing players and generally linking the play well.

As for the RWB, just having Isla in pre-injury form would be enough.

Huntelaar could provide a different sort of solution, in that Juve might only need to create one or two chances to score a goal, where they frequently need to create loads of chances just now. That necessity to create a lot also causes Juve to spend more of the game pressing forward and leaving spaces for the opposition to counter attack than they really ought to.

Getting goals earlier or from fewer chances would allow Juve to play a much safer game.

I'd also like to see Giovinco get a go at playing SS, rather than trying to use him high up as the focal point of the attack. He can beat his man regularly and, if he'd just relax a bit, he's capable of making good decisions and creating a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is that Juve are just a step away from being a very good side. There are a variety of things they can do to take that one step up in quality, but they definitely need something more.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
The reason is we lost to Milan and Inter....If we win the next 2 games.....hell, if we win just the next game, people will forget everything about changing the formation. The formation is fine, our players' heads are wrong. They way we played against Milan and Inter HAS NOTHING to do with the formation and EVERYTHING to do with our players. Call it what you want, i dont care, call it fatique, call it complacency, call it laziness, it was that, not the formation. It has never been the formation.

You dont just go around changing formation like its the easiest thing to do.

P.S. But i really have to admit that i would like it so, so much just to see Isla and Licht on the right side playing together. Im even gonna :tuttosport:
Fatique is exactly because the formation we are playing, 3-5-2 repuires too much energy, unlike 4-3-3. And yet we use 3-5-2 against opponents like Chievo etc.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Drogba would be a temporary solution.

Llorente would be good. Having someone in the box that opposition defenders feared in the air could also result in them trying to hold a higher line, which opens up other spaces and options. I think Juve's midfield runners would love playing with him because of how good he is with his back to goal - laying the ball off for on-rushing players and generally linking the play well.

As for the RWB, just having Isla in pre-injury form would be enough.

Huntelaar could provide a different sort of solution, in that Juve might only need to create one or two chances to score a goal, where they frequently need to create loads of chances just now. That necessity to create a lot also causes Juve to spend more of the game pressing forward and leaving spaces for the opposition to counter attack than they really ought to.

Getting goals earlier or from fewer chances would allow Juve to play a much safer game.

I'd also like to see Giovinco get a go at playing SS, rather than trying to use him high up as the focal point of the attack. He can beat his man regularly and, if he'd just relax a bit, he's capable of making good decisions and creating a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is that Juve are just a step away from being a very good side. There are a variety of things they can do to take that one step up in quality, but they definitely need something more.
completely agree with you Red. I would prefer a 1-2 chance type of striker because like you said we don't need to waste anyone energy then we already do. I kind of get annoyed when ppl say well Juve have the best attack. Well it's simple for the sheer fact of how many chances a game we create of course it looks like we score so much but when we ended a game for example most notably Milan where we are
Playing like Juno and aren't creating anything that's when a potent striker comes in handy. A drogba, llorente and most recently again huntelaar. Either one I'm happy. Marietta keeps saying we are first in scoring and no need to dip deep in the market but he surely realizes what everyone else is saying. It's so obvious

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Fatique is exactly because the formation we are playing, 3-5-2 repuires too much energy, unlike 4-3-3. And yet we use 3-5-2 against opponents like Chievo etc.
Excellent point.

Except, of course, that the 4-3-3 (at least how we used to adopt it) required a lot more running. You can switch the word "running" with the word "energy", if you want.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Excellent point.

Except, of course, that the 4-3-3 (at least how we used to adopt it) required a lot more running. You can switch the word "running" with the word "energy", if you want.
No Bucky, Vidal, Marchisio are supported by the wings and backs, Mostly wings, as the backs has to track down their opponents. While wings track down, it makes Vidal and Marchisio side covered. And now they can just concencrate on the midfield.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No Bucky, Vidal, Marchisio are supported by the wings and backs, Mostly wings, as the backs has to track down their opponents. While wings track down, it makes Vidal and Marchisio side covered. And now they can just concencrate on the midfield.
When comparing how we play in our 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 it's obvious that we play a less intense game in the 3-5-2. The pressing is more dampened and only concentrated in certain areas, whereas Vidal and Marchisio would often press 10-20m into the opposition field in the 4-3-3. Now we sink our midfield line on to our own line and shut off holes, we rarely counter attack since when we get the ball, the lines are slowly moved up and the ball given to Pirlo. The only players who play at a higher intensity now than they did in the 4-3-3 are our wing backs who have to run like mad all game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)