Tactics and Formations (29 Viewers)

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Obvious wed be much better playin a 4-3-3

Our defence is already shaky down the middle and with a 4-3-3 the midfield is set up in a way where they can better support the defence plus i think Pirlo would be able to express himself better that way

Our problem though i feel,is that Krasic is not potent enough offensively to perform to tha standards expected of a front 3 in a 4-3-3 formation and him and Lich seem to have formed a good rapport down the right channel

But we really need a left winger who can perform before we make our judgement over a 4-4-2 and a better CB could also help

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
That's some idiotic reasoning for the Ferrara comparison. Ferrara played the same formation for half a season. The season hasn't even started yet for Conte and the 4-4-2 hasn't proved to be a failure yet. To add, Pirlo doesn't look like he's struggling in a 2 man midfield at all.
:tup:Yep.
And will all these 4-3-3 heroes tell us when's the last time that worked in Serie A or anyone but Barca?

Man U is either 4-4-2 with 2 wingers or a half-winger(Park).
Pirlo will either play 2 man mid,(like he won a world Cup same system) or he's out.

PS. West Coast Premiers - 2011

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
:tup:Yep.
And will all these 4-3-3 heroes tell us when's the last time that worked in Serie A or anyone but Barca?

Man U is either 4-4-2 with 2 wingers or a half-winger(Park).
Pirlo will either play 2 man mid,(like he won a world Cup same system) or he's out.

PS. West Coast Premiers - 2011
I agree with everything apart from the bolded part ;) Not that I would mind necessarily but i reckon that Nenna and those Collingwood boys have this one wrapped up already :cry:

Killkone

Jun 30, 2011
Conte has to give a call to Ferguson.. That master makes 4-4-2 look lika a dance, whoever is in the middle. Against Spurs, they had Cleverly and Anderson, worked like a charm. Our midfield cant be worse with Pirlo and Vidal. Their defence was awesome despite missing Rio and Vidic.. But the attack and the sides, that´s where the difference is. Their both strikers work their ass of by dropping down to get the ball. We have to force Vucinic to work, he cant just stay up surfing.. The left wing has to be someone whos comfy with the ball.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Haven't been able to see all pre-season games and was wondering whether Conte used a 4-3-3 without Krasic? Mix of the 3 strikers and 3 central mids? If so, was it successful?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
:tup: Essendon is the equivalent of Juve in AFL and collingwood or carlton is inter I haven't completely decided. Gold coast is man city.
please dont insult juve like that...that essendon scum!!

Spuing the Lions couldnt get over the top of West coast last night, the blue boys couldhave secured top 4.

Nonetheless...Judd is a GOD!!

Back to tactics for juve, playing vidal and pirlo together without a third midfielder will be harmful to us. in saying that, we dont have a third midfielder who is good enough.

not looking good this season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:tup: Essendon is the equivalent of Juve in AFL and collingwood or carlton is inter I haven't completely decided. Gold coast is man city.
Are you fucking kidding me? Juve is the equivalent of Collingwood. Big, successful and rich. Most fans easily. Carlton are Inter because they're both stinking cheating liars.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Collingwood have the most fans, are the most hated team and we should have the most titles notched very soon. I think we fit most of the criteria. Carlton are inter because they tank for draft picks and breach salary caps and their history of cheating spans far beyond those two incidents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)