Tactics and Formations (31 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wel at least the boss can order him to focus on defense, somethng that im pretty sure he can do, and i think that he has enought skill to push a little forward when needed. And to not have a physical player like Momo warming the bench we can at least try. Tell me what else we can do if all of our bench players are utter failure.

And to continue receiving 2-3 goals per game until we buy some goof winbacks, is definitely not a good option.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Can't wait until Traoré is fit again I think he can get the LB locked (let's hope) for the Marchisio being a RB don't know he should stay as CM or LM but the funny thing is they should experiment Salihamizic as RB he has Speed and Agression; but he's #7 needs to go to Krasic.

I just wish we had a team strong enough for the famous Diamond again.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think we will haveto wait until traore and sali are back. Thats really not so bad to try him(sali) as wingback, because the bad thing about using cheesio as a wingback , is that it would be a shame to waste him there until some good wingbck is bought. But who knows maybe he becomes the new zambrotta :lol:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
What is the solution then? Concede 2-3 goals in every game until January.
Picking up Ziegler for 1 ML in January.

Just don't give more than 1ML at wages. He can be back-up after we finally have a decent LB.

As further for the LB. Coentrao renewed his contract with Benfica, buyout clause is now 30ML. So that's one down already for next summer :bianconero:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Marchisio as RB? Sissoko as LB? Sounds like a plan!

While we're at it, Chiellini & Bonucci should be our strikers, because they are efficient.
Amauri a CB since he is strong & great at heading the ball away.
Del Piero should drop to central midfield: best possible use for his vision & reading of the game.
Melo should become an attacking mid, to limit the danger coming from his mistakes.

All problems solved. Scudetto nr 30, here we come!

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Boy, are you in for a surprise. Traoré is cack at defending.
you are basing that opinion on a handful of games at arsenal, and a few games in a portsmouth team which was in a shambles?

I do not think that Wenger would have kept him this long, if he had not talent whatsoever...true enough, he allowed him to come to us on loan, with option to buy, but that is more down to the potential shown by Gibbs, than Wenger shelving Traore as useless...

I am not at all suggesting that Traore is the answer to our leftback issues, but nobody knows, for sure, what he is capable of.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
you are basing that opinion on a handful of games at arsenal, and a few games in a portsmouth team which was in a shambles?

I do not think that Wenger would have kept him this long, if he had not talent whatsoever...true enough, he allowed him to come to us on loan, with option to buy, but that is more down to the potential shown by Gibbs, than Wenger shelving Traore as useless...

I am not at all suggesting that Traore is the answer to our leftback issues, but nobody knows, for sure, what he is capable of.
I have seen several Arsenal games last season and even caught a few games while he was on loan with Portsmouth the season before. His defending and sense of position are horrendous for a left back. Also a bit injury prone. His only positive is that he's very fast.

valtine

Apr 12, 2008
Maybe we will see Pepe as RB or LB but it's a MAYBE even in Pepe's case. I don't see anybody else playing in that positions from the midfield.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Looked really good against Lecce

One aspect of the game that needs to be worked on is set pieces - We don't look dangerous at all on corners and free kicks when DP isn't on the field. His shooting and set piece delivery is second to none.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We've got one dangerous winger alright. Now if we get another for the opposite side I'll actually like the straight 4-4-2, as that's what the whole freaking system relies on.

blajev87

Sep 6, 2010
We are so dangerous and don't rely on one player like in Milan's (Ibrahimovic) or Inter's (Eto'o) case. Many players are capable of scoring goals and our attack is really fantastic. The defence is getting better, but there is a lot of space for improvement. I'm very annoyed with De Ceglie who run without purpose and has a disgusting cross, which is unacceptable for a left beck. Actually, he reminds me about the fucking Molinaro. If we manage to replace him and find another left wing, it will be great. All in all, I'm content with this Juventus. The team is full of hope.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We've got one dangerous winger alright. Now if we get another for the opposite side I'll actually like the straight 4-4-2, as that's what the whole freaking system relies on.
I like the 4-4-2 to have a winger on one side and a midfielder on the other.

It helps to avoid one of the main weakesses of a 4-4-2, which is being outnumbered in central midfield.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I can't say I like seeing Marchi being 'adjusted' on the left side.

but DN is making it work, and we look solid whilst defending, so can't complain.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's certainly far from ideal, but, so long as De Ceglie pushes up the pitch quite a lot, the balance of the team doesn't look too bad.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
After about 2 months into the season, some things are starting to become apparent to this new Juve side:

1. Juve's whole season depends on two players remaining fit:

a. Krasic
b. Aquilani

This kind of highlights why Juve were so horrible last season:

1. No Nedved to provide spark in attack
2. No Zanetti to provide some control the centre of the park

Although Diego was there, no one was there to support him in either position or take the heat off him. In reality I don't think Diego was as good as we thought he was or we wanted him to be

This in turn highlights:

1. All our wingers minus Krasic are not real wingers
2. All our CM's, Melo, Sissoko and Marchisio, are incapable of providing the midfield with direction and control unless a skillful CM such as Aquilani is by their side

2. The defence is still in shambles

We have second class left and right backs but the problem is further exasperated by the fact that Chiellini and Bonucci have a real bad understanding with each other.

3. Our forwards hardly strike fear into opposing defences

DP: Has become Mr Slow Motion - rarely looks for a team-mate and is always trying to make room for his own shot. Kills us in counter-attacks due to his lack of speed. Still great in dead ball situations

Amauri Tries hard but no substance. He has horrible ball control and rarely beats defenders. His attemps at headers don't even connect with his hair these days. Not a world class striker. And to think at one stage he was being considered for Brazil - what a joke

Iaquinta - Runs hard but no brains - has no passing games and cannot beat defenders. Everything he does is pure instinct and unfortunately is instincts ar not usually good.

Quagliarella - The father of akward goals - never scores an easy one - does make space for an improved Juve passing game due to his positioning and direction. I would say he's our most dangerous striker but he still lacks that killer instinct.

With Krasic burning down the sidelines, Trezeguet would have had a field day in this team.

Some obvious points but interesting to see that although we've changed so much in the side this season, nothing much has changed since 2008, except of course the Juventus brand is causing a lot of self harm

Oct 26, 2009
After about 2 months into the season, some things are starting to become apparent to this new Juve side:

1. Juve's whole season depends on two players remaining fit:

a. Krasic
b. Aquilani

This kind of highlights why Juve were so horrible last season:

1. No Nedved to provide spark in attack
2. No Zanetti to provide some control the centre of the park

Although Diego was there, no one was there to support him in either position or take the heat off him. In reality I don't think Diego was as good as we thought he was or we wanted him to be

This in turn highlights:

1. All our wingers minus Krasic are not real wingers
2. All our CM's, Melo, Sissoko and Marchisio, are incapable of providing the midfield with direction and control unless a skillful CM such as Aquilani is by their side

2. The defence is still in shambles

We have second class left and right backs but the problem is further exasperated by the fact that Chiellini and Bonucci have a real bad understanding with each other.

3. Our forwards hardly strike fear into opposing defences

DP: Has become Mr Slow Motion - rarely looks for a team-mate and is always trying to make room for his own shot. Kills us in counter-attacks due to his lack of speed. Still great in dead ball situations

Amauri Tries hard but no substance. He has horrible ball control and rarely beats defenders. His attemps at headers don't even connect with his hair these days. Not a world class striker. And to think at one stage he was being considered for Brazil - what a joke

Iaquinta - Runs hard but no brains - has no passing games and cannot beat defenders. Everything he does is pure instinct and unfortunately is instincts ar not usually good.

Quagliarella - The father of akward goals - never scores an easy one - does make space for an improved Juve passing game due to his positioning and direction. I would say he's our most dangerous striker but he still lacks that killer instinct.

With Krasic burning down the sidelines, Trezeguet would have had a field day in this team.

Some obvious points but interesting to see that although we've changed so much in the side this season, nothing much has changed since 2008, except of course the Juventus brand is causing a lot of self harm
spot on :agree: :beer:
for the Defence:
i think Ranocchia would have been a better complimentary for chiellini than Bonnucci
Midfield:
melo,marchisio and aquilani are all good CM's,the later being more decisive and important for DN tactics as u mentioned it .but, his condition(injuries) being very fragile and our lack of back-up for melo(assuming we'll sell sissoko),we need a midfielder who can control the game but also who can defend as great as he can pass cause ;sort of like aqui+melo
there's one player who i think have this kind of ability.......Ever Banega
Attack:
we need Dzeko that is a fact,because he's both a goal poacher and can play as a target man,which i think is important to the way we're playing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)