Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Storari

Motta - Chiellini - Bonucci - De Ceglie

Krasic - Melo - Marchisio - Pepe/Martinez

Quag - Del Piero/Amauri

Judging by our players it seems we'll use a lot of strength this season. Maybe our style will be different from other Italian teams and maybe they'll get to play like English clubs? It does look like it's doable with this team and it's why I like it. I didn't bold Motta but he too isn't weak.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Not according to some over here who thought last seasons squad was stronger than Inters :D
I remember the optimism in here when in the last day of the mercato we signed Grosso through a FAX. Haling Secco as a genius. :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not according to some over here who thought last seasons squad was stronger than Inters :D
Though I never agreed with that kind of optimisim, I still feel that there was much more in our squad last season. We could have sucked less.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
I remember the optimism in here when in the last day of the mercato we signed Grosso through a FAX. Haling Secco as a genius. :D
i don't remember anybody hailing Grosso's arrival. From what i remember everybody was pissed off that we were linked with him

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i don't remember anybody hailing Grosso's arrival. From what i remember everybody was pissed off that we were linked with him
Not true. Most of the members in here wanted Secco to get a LB to replace Molinaro in the starting line up to finish the mercato with a positive hit, even if it was the mighty Grosso.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not true. A lot of people were happy with Grosso's signing.

Though I never agreed with that kind of optimisim, I still feel that there was much more in our squad last season. We could have sucked less.
Of course not. It didn't help that players who were supposed to be top players, flopped horribly last season. Diego and Melo were supposed to deliver.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
The danger in our current team is that we lack creativity.

Having pace down the wings and playing crosses for the strikers, can leave us short of options. Like against Bari.

We had no penetration from the middle, so Bari easily anticipated our attacks. Diego would have been very useful even as SS, as he could open up the defense.

I hope Aquillani can bring more midfield danger, but it seems that against defense minded teams, we are clueless. No spark player. We will struggle against teams we can't counter attack, those who defend in numbers.

After 4 seasons, our team just gets worse and worse. I can't imagine what Ranieri would do with our current directors as support.

We are a team with alot of pace (on the wings) and not enough creativity.

And yes, we desperately need a LB, I have hope that Motta can be better. But De Ceglie is not fit to play LB, I'd choose Molinaro over him any day.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
----------------Buffon-----------------------
Motta -- Bonucci - Chiellini --- Traore----
Krasic - Aquilani - Marchisio - Lanzafame
-----Quagliarella - Borriello----------------

I really don't like it. To many not established players and not enough quality!

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
-----Quagliarella - Borriello----------------

I really don't like it. To many not established players and not enough quality!
Too many dud Italians

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
-----Quagliarella - Benzema----------------

for now, melo instead of marchisio tho

benzema instead of boriello, and let him come back like sneijder did. with a good coach i'm shure he could

having said that, they should also get a replacement for del neri

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
Krasic - Aquilani - Melo/Marchisio - Pepe/Martinez

This midfield has potential to be very strong. Maybe even 2nd to none. Our striking department sucks, and the defense has something to prove.

All in all, we can do well, but we really have to be organized and we cant afford any of the midfielders and defenders not to perform.

Joten

Jun 1, 2010
Right now, is this the likely best XI?

DP - Quag
Pepe - Aquilani - Marchisio - Krasic
Traore - Chiellini - Bonucci - Motta
Storari​

Or is Aquilani out too?
It's going to be a tough season trying to keep up with the mercenaries of Milan. I'm hoping Robinho ruins that team to relegation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)