Tactics and Formations (25 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
SO 5 attackers and no real defending midfielder, sounds balanced.
But have to be said that Bernardeschi, Kulusevski and Chiesa have incredible work rate. And depending of situations and opponents we can always choose to play Danilo or Sandro as wingbacks, in case we’re to unbalanced like this. I like the line up and completely agree with that setup. Two players for every position, no 5th choice jabroni’s who will never play. Would be great if we’re able to keep Costa as backup for Ronaldo.

Possible 7 U25 players starting; Frabotta, De Ligt, Demiral, Arthur, Bentancur, Chiesa and Kulusevski.

Apr 9, 2015
But have to be said that Bernardeschi, Kulusevski and Chiesa have incredible work rate. And depending of situations and opponents we can always choose to play Danilo or Sandro as wingbacks, in case we’re to unbalanced like this. I like the line up and completely agree with that setup. Two players for every position, no 5th choice jabroni’s who will never play. Would be great if we’re able to keep Costa as backup for Ronaldo.

Possible 7 U25 players starting; Frabotta, De Ligt, Demiral, Arthur, Bentancur, Chiesa and Kulusevski.
I would dream of this line-up if it works. But I think we have to be realistic and against bigger opponents this is just like a suicide squad. I hope Pirlo has this formation in his mind and I hope I can say I was wrong with naming this unbalanced.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
efae0e47993851084d2961ab9b639742.png

front three to move into channels, swap positions and run riot

chiesa to cover an entire right wing

wbl to cover b2b and topher

too lazy to add all the subs/options

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
efae0e47993851084d2961ab9b639742.png

front three to move into channels, swap positions and run riot

chiesa to cover an entire right wing

wbl to cover b2b and topher

too lazy to add all the subs/options
Ramsey – Arthur double pivot is going to get slaughtered. Both Aaron and Arthur require someone to do the dirty work.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He'd create a lot of space for Ronaldo in this role.
absolutely, Ronaldo has never really had very creative or technical players on the left during his time here to play 1-2 with. It was usually Matuidi to cover for Ronaldo's lack of defensive work rate and obviously also Alex Sandro.

With that being said I don't believe Pirlo would play Chiesa and Ronaldo on the same flank, it would be very risky defensively.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Szczesny

Danilo De Ligt Chiellini

Chiesa Arthur Bentancur Sandro

Kulusevski

Dybala Ronaldo

i also wouldn’t count out Rabiot and McKennie as regulars just yet either. They didnt have good games vs Roma, but you have to remember it was just one game. What happens if/when Arthur and Benta have a bad game, do they get tossed aside as well? It’s a long season and it’s still really early.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That top image looks quite nice. I hope Bentancur and Arthur can provide enough muscle in midfield though.
wouldn’t be surprised if Pirlo rotates his midfield until he finds the right combination. McKennie with those two seems the most intriguing to me, but it would also mean benching one of kulu/Chiesa, which isn’t intriguing at alllll. Maybe go to that trio once there’s a lead to protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)