Tactics and Formations (16 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Allegri got us to a scudetto and a CL final with a Pjanic-Khedira midfield pair. Surely Arthur-Rabiot (or Bentancur) can work at least as well, probably better.

Mandzukic, Higuain, and Dybala aren't better than Ronaldo, Morata, and Dybala either.

The difference from that champion team to today was a strong defense to build from. Pirlo needs to sort out the defense before anything else can work.

Our start of the season reminds me of Gasperini at Inter or Atalanta.

Atalanta lost 4 of the 5 opening matches with Gasperini and there was a lot of talk of sacking him.

Inter lost 4 of the 5 opening matches with Gasperini and they sacked him.

It's clear which club made the better decision.

Let's hope Pirlo can be a Gasperini and not a Pippo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I still think in the long run a 4 4 2 is the best option with Kulu playing a Nedved role
That's fine, the formation makes sense considering the players we have but so far it's been very dysfunctional - it requires a lot of work to sync the players, especially in midfield. They're learning it from scratch and we're in November already...

Now the question is whether the team can improve fast enough because next week we'll be playing Lazio. The real season starts now.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I think it will be a 442 with frabotta Demiral Danillo Cuadrado as back 4. Chiesa and Kulu going wide and CR7, Dybala up front.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Allegri got us to a scudetto and a CL final with a Pjanic-Khedira midfield pair. Surely Arthur-Rabiot (or Bentancur) can work at least as well, probably better.

Mandzukic, Higuain, and Dybala aren't better than Ronaldo, Morata, and Dybala either.

The difference from that champion team to today was a strong defense to build from. Pirlo needs to sort out the defense before anything else can work.

Our start of the season reminds me of Gasperini at Inter or Atalanta.

Atalanta lost 4 of the 5 opening matches with Gasperini and there was a lot of talk of sacking him.

Inter lost 4 of the 5 opening matches with Gasperini and they sacked him.

It's clear which club made the better decision.

Let's hope Pirlo can be a Gasperini and not a Pippo.
2017 Pjanic and Khedira are miles better than our current group of mids. A fit Khedira is still better than current bunch. He is one of the most underestimated players around, but his understanding of the game and decision making was second to none. I agree about defense.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Considering the form of the players so far this season and Pirlos preference of the hybrid backline, I'd suggest a 3-4-3 a la Conte at Chelsea:

-----------------------------Kurwa-----------------------------
----------Danilo-------Bonucci------Chiello-----------
Cuadrado---McKennie--Bentancur---Chiesa-
---Kulusevski----------------------------Ronaldo-------
-----------------------------Morata----------------------------

McKennie and Bentancur have so far been shining stars in midfield, and this formation needs combative midfielders to win balls to feed the attackers. Arthur and Rabiot have been up and down and this formation has so many offensive players already that it would get absolutely steamrolled by well equipped counter-attacking teams. Ramsey has been great at times as well, but we cannot base a long-term formation on a player that is in the hospital half the time.

Kulusevski and Morata have been our two best attackers this season, so Dybala has to miss out in this formation. Despite his two lucky deflections against Ferenc, he has been underwhelming and a mere shadow of what he was last season. If he regains his form, we might have to reconsider the formation (3-4-1-2 with Dybala as CAM).

Ronaldo gets to play in his preferred position at LW, where he moves in to a striker role when Chiesa has the ball on the left wing. Pretty much the perfect situation for our best player. Sandro might regain the LWB position from Chiesa when he returns from injury, so I hope this pushes Fede to perform. Despite a lack of finishing, I think he has looked very energetic and a versatile option to play in several positions. Cuadrado hasn't been all that great always, so I hope Chiesa takes his place in the long run as our more "advanced minded" RWB.

In defence, the trident of Danilo, Bonucci and Chiellini is perfect. Danilo moves into the RB position when Cuadrado attacks, Chiellini moves in to LB position when Chiesa attacks and Bonucci stays central as the deep-lying playmaker while Pirlo gives him extra-curriculum lessons on long-range passing. McKennie or Benta can both add cover in the CB position when we need either of them to stay back in a counter-attack situation.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Szczesny

Danilo Bonucci De Ligt Sandro

Rabiot McKennie

Chiesa Kulusevski Ronaldo

Morata

call it a 4231, a 442, whatever; these are my eleven starters. I’d prefer Chiellini over Bonucci but we just can’t rely on him to stay healthy. Similar thing with Ramsey, except I don’t prefer him to start.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Szczesny

Rabiot McKennie

Chiesa Kulusevski Ronaldo

Morata

call it a 4231, a 442, whatever; these are my eleven starters. I’d prefer Chiellini over Bonucci but we just can’t rely on him to stay healthy. Similar thing with Ramsey, except I don’t prefer him to start.

Rabiot Kulusevski McKennie

Chiesa Morata Ronaldo

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)