Tactics and Formations (8 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not sure why we can't play a Flat 4-4-2 Lippi style now. It moves Dybala forward to play in that Del Piero position as an SS, which is perfect for him, and would likely suit Higuain as well.

Buffon
RB-Rugani-Chiellini-Sandro
Costa-Matuidi-Pjanic-Bernadeschi
Dybala-Higuain​

When Pjanic is in invisible mode, just switch him out for Marchisio. Khedira can rotate with Matuidi. Betancur for whoever. The mid gets a bit more cover as Bernadeschi and Costa play a little deeper, which would allow Matuidi a little more freedom to run than in our current formation.

No one likes 4-4-2 anymore, but it's still my favourite formation, Lippi nostalgia, ya know.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I don't think Dybala as CF is a wise idea. He is too small for hold up play and needs to play off of someone else IMO.
Sure, tell that to Romário scoring between two giant Swedish defenders. :D

But seriously it's been proven time and time again Dybala is better when closer to the goal. That's his habitat. He cuts to the left and curl that shit towards the goal. He's also very good at close encounters, quick dribbling, his constant nutmegging speaks for itself. He's not really fast or fit for counter attacking football, neither is fit for playmaking... Play the kid closer to the goal and watch him kick ass.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sure, tell that to Romário scoring between two giant Swedish defenders. :D

But seriously it's been proven time and time again Dybala is better when closer to the goal. That's his habitat. He cuts to the left and curl that shit towards the goal. He's also very good at close encounters, quick dribbling, his constant nutmegging speaks for itself. He's not really fast or fit for counter attacking football, neither is fit for playmaking... Play the kid closer to the goal and watch him kick ass.
I mean...Dybala is lightyears away from that kind of status :D

- - - Updated - - -

Agree about Dybala being closer to goal.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I mean...Dybala is lightyears away from that kind of status :D

- - - Updated - - -

Agree about Dybala being closer to goal.
What I really wanted is him not having such an obligation to drop back so much. Sure he should track back when needed but he shouldn't be trying to perform the role our midfielders are failing to. I'm not gonna say we're wasting his talent but we're limiting it.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
LCM/LM hybrid Pogba used to play.

why the frigging facepalm? watch him play CM in a few months.
Costa is more natural on the left than Berna is. Ive seen him play right most of his career and now force him left hybrid? Pogba sucked there too btw. Berna should be right and Costa left in ur system.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
LCM/LM hybrid Pogba used to play.

Why the frigging facepalm? watch him play some sort of CM in a few months.
No ffs. Beppe should sign a goddamn starter for RB and CM to stabilize our freaking defence, so we dont have to write down goalconceding-formations like this.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What I really wanted is him not having such an obligation to drop back so much. Sure he should track back when needed but he shouldn't be trying to perform the role our midfielders are failing to. I'm not gonna say we're wasting his talent but we're limiting it.
Agreed.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Um yes? Do you watch games? Pogba was worse playing wide than Mandzu for example. And he did play there at times for various reasons.
What are you on about? Pogba made that free roaming LCM role his own. And what the hell has Mandzu to do with this? Those are two different posistions.

Do you watch games?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I can see it clear in front of me.....Costa is charging down the right flank in a flat 442 and from the sidelines we hear a roaring DOUUUGIEEE DOUGIEEE MIIIILOOOS MIIIILOOOOOS

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Almost no matter what formation, one thing I noticed from the game against Lazio when both Bernardeschi and Costa were playing in the same 11, they were alternating flanks quite often and Dybala would be everywhere - center, left and right. Let's not forget they are quite versatile. However, although all 3 of them are left footed - Costa has the strongest weak foot. Keita if he comes is almost equally as good with both feet.

Despite the defeat, I think our attack will be quite something this year once they all get to know each-other and settle in but that could take up to half the season. As always, Allegri wants us to start peaking by around March next year. Hopefully though the defense can sort itself out in the intervening period so that we are still within striking distance of the scudetto and get past the UCL group stages.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I am optimistic about this season tbh. We surely gonna have a couple of dull months with Max playing it safe in CL and tinkering it in Coppa games. But I don't expect doom and gloom at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)