Tactics and Formations (13 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
:wth: :howler: Why would anyone want that? Do you enjoy having your eyes raped? Are you a masochist?
At the end of the day, he’s better than rincon and he is the least versatile of the three only able to play in a dm/cdm role

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: :lol:
as soon as i saw that post i knew, even before i scrolled down that you would comment something to this effect, love your work
I usually don't feed trolls.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
With the players available we should go with this formation!

Buffon
Cuadrado-Rugani-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Marchisio-Pjanic
Berna-Dybala-D.Costa
Higuain​
We might concede from time to time but we'll score a lot of goals andit'll be fun to watch. Barzagli at RB is terrible, terrible idea! About 70 minutes today I almost threw up!

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Douglas Costa was the 1 big positive out of the Suppercoppa loss. First time I saw him play for us in a competitive match and I was very impressed.

What I like about him is that even though he is left footed, he can still whip in a decent cross with his right foot - his speed and footwork means that with fairly little effort, he finds space to put a good ball into the box. I also liked how Allegri allowed him to switch sides frequently.

The silver lining in this loss was how I saw Dybala, Costa and Bernardeschi play pretty much all over the place. That could cause some real issues for opposing defences - but it will take time. Despite all of these great things I don't think we managed many credible shots on goal from open play. While we conceded lots of opportunities. Clearly there is a lot to work on in order to get the balance right.

One thing in common between this loss and the loss in Cardiff - is how the opposition have figured out how important it is to man mark Dybala. Once you block him out of the game, we struggle. This started to change when Costa and Berna were on because all of a sudden, man marking Dybala wasn't enough.

Pjanic looked exhausted at the end because he was playing super deep this time. Allegri figured out that in the absence of Bonucci, he needed to basically play - not in front of the defence but almost in line with the defence when we had possession of the ball. Given that Dybala was man marked and Higuain was not offering much movement, Cuadrado was really being asked to do a lot and he was clearly having an off day.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you think about how the team worked last season.....

Dybala was the key person linking transition to attack. Mandzukic played like a wing back while Alves / Cuadrado did a lot of attacking down the right side. I think most of our attacks tended to go on that right hand side. Bonucci was great at finding Cuadrado or even mandzukic and completely bypassing the rest of the midfield from time to time.

So now, in the current set up - we don't have a flying right back of top quality and there is no Bonucci. Consequently, Pjanic finds himself playing deeper. Berna, Costa and Dybala do not strike me as industrious players who do a lot of defensive work. Hence the mid 2 have to play far deeper this season - don't expect as many runs into the box from Khedira or Marchisio. I suspect the way the players attack is still a cause of habit yet the equilibrium has not been found yet.

I think this is the reason why Allegri started with Barzagli as a right back (or in my opinion it was more of a 3412).

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Play a flatter 4 4 2 IMO, Dybala next to Higuain. That or a 4 3 3 but we'd need another really quality mid.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
De Sciglio Rugani Chiellini Alex Sandro
Bernardeschi Marchisio Pjanic Douglas
Dybala Higuain

it can easily switch to a 4-3-3 with Bernie playing as a Mezz'ala like Pogba did

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This could be another option:

-------------------Buffon-----------------

------Barzagli----Rugani----Chiellini----

Costa----Marchisio----Pjanic----Sandro

----------------Bernardeschi-------------

------------Dybala-----Higuain-----------

Would bring out the best in Dybala and Bernardeschi playing in a more central position behind the front 2. Costa would need to dig deep though.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
This could be another option:

-------------------Buffon-----------------

------Barzagli----Rugani----Chiellini----

Costa----Marchisio----Pjanic----Sandro

----------------Bernardeschi-------------

------------Dybala-----Higuain-----------

Would bring out the best in Dybala and Bernardeschi playing in a more central position behind the front 2. Costa would need to dig deep though.
I like this too.. but to be safe, Cuads should be there instead of Costa, Costa hits the bench in this formation, and will only come in if we change to 3-4-3 and Dybala either takes false 9 or Dybala is off..

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
--------------Rugani----Chiello
Cuadrado----------Marchisio-----AlexSandro
-------------Pjanic
--------------------------------Berna
D.Costa
---------------Dybala
--------------------------Higuain

@Salvo :klin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)