Tactics and Formations (14 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
A formation change to 4-3-3 doesn't make much sense because we only have two natural wingers in the squad. And it requires benching Dybala or Higuain which is insane.

What makes more sense is 4-3-1-2, Pjaca can play AM or Dybala (not properly since we wouldnt have any FW backup), or Pjanic when Marchisio is back. Only one that doesn't work in that is Cuadrado.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Dybala isn't far off playing as a RW at the moment, I don't think his role would need to change much. But would sacrifice width on the right with him cutting in.

4-3-3 certainly is not perfect but our current formation with our current midfield has big weaknesses too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
so who's our best regista until marchisio's back?

- lemina is better as a b2b
- pjanic is an lcb, today's game showed he's wasted in front of the defense
- asabob is done :(
- sturaro is a dm
- khedira is no regista either
- mandragora has a broken leg
- poulsen and sissoko lost the trust of allegri

Jun 6, 2015
Could Pjanic play a similar role that Pogba played at times last season? I really think we could use Cuadrado at the moment because he offers a different kind of threat and could keep opponents a bit more honest.

Higuain Dybala
Pjanic Lemina Khedira Cuadrado
Alex Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Dani Alves
Buffon​

- - - Updated - - -

Lemina regista, just to free up and play our best midfielder in his natural position.

I agree and he offers by far the best defensive cover at the moment for our CBs.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How about a 4132 (@Red) until Claudio is back?

D.Alves-Benatia-Bonucci-A.Sandro/Evra
---------------Khedira/Lemina
Cuadrado-----Pjanic-------Pjaca/A.Sandro
------------Dybala-Higuain

And no, Khedira's lack of pace won't be a problem if he plays close to the CB's.
His positioning is great and he can keep it simple, quick pass it forward to Pjanic or to the wings.

Jun 6, 2015

And no, Khedira's lack of pace won't be a problem if he plays close to the CB's.
His positioning is great and he can keep it simple, quick pass it forward to Pjanic or to the wings.
I think Lemina makes us look much more solid defensively. The way we play Khedira and Pjanic in the middle looks a bit light.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

looks good but waaaaaaay to offensive-minded for Max

I suggest 3-4-1-2

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Lemina Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Higuain Dybala​

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I suggest we keep the 3-5-2, start our best players when they Are ready and start playing to win rather than to avoid losing

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Will not happen.

As much as i would love us to attack..that center midfield looks so bangeable.

looks good but waaaaaaay to offensive-minded for Max

I suggest 3-4-1-2

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Lemina Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Higuain Dybala​
Its a better idea. I think it could really work if we find a real predator a la Vidal to partner Lemina. That would give us enought muscle in the middle for all our 5 offensive dudes to attack. The destroyers in the mid would only need to worry about pass the ball to the flanks or the treq and keep things tight. The rest to focus on attack.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'd love to see us going back to deploying a diamond midfield again because imo that's probably the only way the midfield can look somewhat strong. I mean in terms of everything- physicality, athleticism and creativity.

I'd like to see a front trio of

Pjanić
Dybala-Higuaín

And a midfield supporting cast of Marchisio, Khedira, Lemina or possibly Witsel. I think Allegri might strongly consider it at some point in important games.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thing is that's unlikely because we don't have good enough reliable options for 3 CMs, so it will be hard to support playing 4 of them.

While we are stacked with CBs.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
True , this is why I mentioned important games because we'll win in Serie A not matter what formation or personnel we deploy. But I am looking at a larger picture in terms of Europe which will make Allegri compromise on his ultra conservative/defensive approach. 4-3-1-2 with enough bodies in midfield can make us compensate for that extra defender at the back while at the same time include some of our best players in the lineup.

Something like

Buffon
Alves/Licht-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
Marchisio
Khedira------Witsel/Lemina
Pjanić
Dybala-Higuaín

Now the reason he dropped Pjanić against Sevilla was tactical as he dint think he had enough defensive cover in midfield. Just play him in an advanced role behind the midfield three. Players like Pjanić should be starting no matter what imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wouldnt mind that but as said dont see how thats sustainable with this midfield, it was barely so when we had Pogba and Pereyra, now less so IMO.

Flexibility in big CL nights is one thing, but I dont think the solution is changing from 3-5-2 at all full time, but player selection and how he adjusts tactically to how our midfield quality is weakened (you lose tons of physicality and ability without Pogba, and lots of tactical organisation and controlling presence without Marchisio). Frankly speaking our squad is completely built for this formation almost solely, our best players we signed with it in mind, only alternative realistic alternative to is what you suggest 4-3-1-2 because only change for that is one CB less and more more midfielder.

While people who suggest 4-3-3 and even more unrealistic 4-2-3-1 one simply refuse to face the reality of this squad. We have 2 wingers in whole squad so lets play a formation that uses 2 all the time. We have 2 world class forwards in Higauin and Dybala so lets play a formation that only uses 1 of them? We have a weaker CM midfield so lets play 4-2-3-1 that weakens its number even more? Thats assuming you will play Pjanic as one of two, which would be fragile. Playing him as AM is essentially 3 man midfield, and would again have the silly idea and conundrum of benching Dybala or Higauin.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
True, on paper we only have 2 wingers, but Alex Sandro and Dani Alves could easily play as back up/rotation LM/RM if necessary. Licht and Evra to play LB/RB in that case.

RM: Cuadrado, D.Alves
LM: Pjaca, A.Sandro

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
All that is fine and dandy. But the isuse here is that also we dont have the personnel to play our oold grindy conteish 352. That worked because we had stellar midfielders at some point. They carried our defensive wings and made sure the ball reached our forwards while keeping it compact.

It was not cute football but it worked wonders for us.

Now, we shifted our best players to the wings and attack, while the midfield downgraded, yet you suggest we keep things as they are and continue relying on this dodgy midfield combo we have.

Is not ok either.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
All that is fine and dandy. But the isuse here is that also we dont have the personnel to play our oold grindy conteish 352. That worked because we had stellar midfielders at some point. They carried our defensive wings and made sure the ball reached our forwards while keeping it compact.

It was not cute football but it worked wonders for us.

Now, we shifted our best players to the wings and attack, while the midfield downgraded, yet you suggest we keep things as they are and continue relying on this dodgy midfield combo we have.

Is not ok either.
which is why we dont play it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)