Tactics and Formations (9 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
obviously

but we also have 2 alternative formations. when were short on CMs, we will go 442. when were short on attackers, we will go 451. i only put it as 4231 here because i know you love that formation :)
The only way we could play 4-2-3-1 is if Dybala could further develop into an actual goalscoring cam/ss, but that would require significant workrate from the striker and wide midfielders to work, while Pjanic would be benched in favor of Marchisio/Khedira/Asamoah/Lemina in order to re-inforce the central midfield.

Unless you'd have a midfield juggernaut like Mascherano, which we havent

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The only way we could play 4-2-3-1 is if Dybala could further develop into an actual goalscoring cam/ss, but that would require significant workrate from the striker and wide midfielders to work, while Pjanic would be benched in favor of Marchisio/Khedira/Asamoah/Lemina in order to re-inforce the central midfield.

Unless you'd have a midfield juggernaut like Mascherano, which we havent
Pjanic infront of Khedira-Marchisio and behind Higuain in case of a Dybala injury could definitely work. doesent mean we will play that way ofcourse because we will try to play with our standard 3 man midfield whenever we can i think

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pjanic infront of Khedira-Marchisio and behind Higuain in case of a Dybala injury could definitely work. doesent mean we will play that way ofcourse because we will try to play with our standard 3 man midfield whenever we can i think
Considering Cuadrado and Pjaca are subs, we might see it as a coppa team when resting players. In fact i'd like that alot. But it would probably look a bit like

Lemina - Marchisio

Cuads - Pjanic - Pjaca

Manbro

I'd offcourse be excited to see that

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
id like us to try it out sometime, just to know that we can pull it off if we ever need it. im not sure Allegri will use it however when he can play 451/433 with the same players basically

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its insanely obvious that Dybala and Higuain should always play
When we are playing every 3 days all that is gonna do is run them into ground before the serious part of the season even starts. Mandžukič is still one of the best forwards in Serie A (probably only behind Bacca, maybe Icardi and of course Dybala and Higuain) and hopefully we give Pjaca some playing time too.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
352 is fine as long as we play the correct players. I looked at the fixture list and I see Cagliari, Palermo Empoli etc. There are plenty of matches to rotate the squad, not CL matches or matches v our rivals. If we took care of business early the final CL group match might have been meaningless and we could rotate the squad heavily. Allegri put us in a bad position to begin the group. Now fix your mistake Max.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its incredibly simple.

3-5-2 is amazing and everyone hates to play against it cause it reks their anus.

Ideally you have nightmare wingbacks, a deep playmaker, a mezzala and a dynamic b2b midfielder, our BBC(perfection), one ss thats crafty and a complete CF thats able to finish anything.

When rotating

- You can play more defensive wingbacks (evra, licht), but you need to have that mezzala and playmaker, so your wingbacks stretch the play by just receiving passes there
- You can play a concrete midfield , but require nightmare fullbacks to keep it wide and create danger over the sides

* contrete midfield and defensive wingbacks, doesnt work. if you expect to score at least

- - - Updated - - -

352 is fine as long as we play the correct players. I looked at the fixture list and I see Cagliari, Palermo Empoli etc. There are plenty of matches to rotate the squad, not CL matches or matches v our rivals. If we took care of business early the final CL group match might have been meaningless and we could rotate the squad heavily. Allegri put us in a bad position to begin the group. Now fix your mistake Max.
We'll win the next 2 games

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Higuain-----Dybala
Pjanic
Cuadrado---------Khedira
Alex Sandro ----- Bonucci ----- Dani Alves
Barzagli-----Benatia​

These are our best players right now. Arrange them as you want but put them on the field. Or try 4-3-3.

Bonucci for Lemina is too obvious. :snoop:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Higuain-----Dybala
Pjanic
Cuadrado---------Khedira
Alex Sandro ----- Bonucci ----- Dani Alves
Barzagli-----Benatia​

These are our best players right now. Arrange them as you want but put them on the field. Or try 4-3-3.

Bonucci for Lemina is too obvious. :snoop:
I can't wait for when Marchisio returns.

Buffon
Barzagli | Benatia
Bonucci
Chiellini | Rugani
Dani Alves | Cuadrado
Khedira
Marchisio
Pjanic
Alex Sandro
Dybala
Higuain

And our other option would be replace a defender with Pjaca and you have 433/4312/4321

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,437
    Since we lack a very important factor in midfield, I don't think we should drop the back three as the personnel there is badly needed. May I suggest a 3-4-3?

Buffon
    Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
    Dani Alves Khedira Pjanic Alex Sandro
    Cuadrado Higuain Pjaca​

Yes we sacrifice Dybala but he is totally out of form and one should not close an eye to that just because it's Dybala.
    Dani Alves and Alex Sandro won't be as much of a threat forward with two wingers in front of them but we need them to support Khedira and Pjanic.
    This formation also allows Bonucci to push a bit forward and do some regista work from time to time and since we have Higuain, we could supply him with lots of balls this way mostly from the flanks.

A temporary solution until the saviour returns from injury.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Since we lack a very important factor in midfield, I don't think we should drop the back three as the personnel there is badly needed. May I suggest a 3-4-3?

Buffon
    Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
    Dani Alves Khedira Pjanic Alex Sandro
    Cuadrado Higuain Pjaca​

Yes we sacrifice Dybala but he is totally out of form and one should not close an eye to that just because it's Dybala.
    Dani Alves and Alex Sandro won't be as much of a threat forward with two wingers in front of them but we need them to support Khedira and Pjanic.
    This formation also allows Bonucci to push a bit forward and do some regista work from time to time and since we have Higuain, we could supply him with lots of balls this way mostly from the flanks.

A temporary solution until the saviour returns from injury.
    4-3-3 would be a safer bet

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    I wouldn't mind 4-3-3.

We badly need more creativity and we don't have the players in midfield to bring it. Adding another attacking player could be worthwhile. It would allow Pjaca to play in his best role, Dybala could have more opportunity to rest by rotating with Cuadrado/Pjaca. We only have two true centre forwards anyway.

Its not perfect though as Dybala wouldn't add width and would be far from goal. Although it can't be worse than his current role. I'm not sure Alves can defend well enough in a 4 or Licht attack well enough anymore but could change it depending on opponent.

Gigi

Licht/Alves Bonucci Chiellini A. Sandro

Khedira Lemina Pjanic

Dybala Cuadrado/Pjaca
    Higuain

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    A formation change to 4-3-3 doesn't make much sense because we only have two natural wingers in the squad. And it requires benching Dybala or Higuain which is insane.

What makes more sense is 4-3-1-2, Pjaca can play AM or Dybala (not properly since we wouldnt have any FW backup), or Pjanic when Marchisio is back. Only one that doesn't work in that is Cuadrado.

Whatever changes he makes needs to be temporary because it won't hold up, this squad is built for 3-5-2 pure and simply. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

Better question is what midfielder can we get in January.
    Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)