Tactics and Formations (45 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
352? Check. Defensive wingbacks? Check. Grindy footbal? Check. And now add to that a disfunctional midfield, which in the past was the core of contes 352.

Sorry bro.
Sandro and Alves surely are defensive wingbacks. the only thing this and Contes 352 have in common is Buffon and BBC. sorry bro

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I wouldnt mind that but as said dont see how thats sustainable with this midfield, it was barely so when we had Pogba and Pereyra, now less so IMO.

Flexibility in big CL nights is one thing, but I dont think the solution is changing from 3-5-2 at all full time, but player selection and how he adjusts tactically to how our midfield quality is weakened (you lose tons of physicality and ability without Pogba, and lots of tactical organisation and controlling presence without Marchisio). Frankly speaking our squad is completely built for this formation almost solely, our best players we signed with it in mind, only alternative realistic alternative to is what you suggest 4-3-1-2 because only change for that is one CB less and more more midfielder.

While people who suggest 4-3-3 and even more unrealistic 4-2-3-1 one simply refuse to face the reality of this squad. We have 2 wingers in whole squad so lets play a formation that uses 2 all the time. We have 2 world class forwards in Higauin and Dybala so lets play a formation that only uses 1 of them? We have a weaker CM midfield so lets play 4-2-3-1 that weakens its number even more? Thats assuming you will play Pjanic as one of two, which would be fragile. Playing him as AM is essentially 3 man midfield, and would again have the silly idea and conundrum of benching Dybala or Higauin.
Dybala could play as a "RW" with a free role and less defensive duties. Moving to more of a 4-4-2 when defending. Just like Messi playes RW, Di Maria RW or Ronaldo LW. Or the role Vucinic had the first half year under Conte. Dybala could move inside and Alves could occupy the right side. I think that could get the best out of our current squad. Pjaca and Cuadrado could rotate for the other more defensive LW.

LordBendtner

Promising Lord
Jan 6, 2015
Lads it's time for the revolution to happen, one change that will balance everything.

--------------------Higuain - Dybala
Alex Sandro - Pjanic - Bonucci - Khedira - Dani
--------------Chiellini - Benatia - Barzagli
--------------------------Buffon

BonBon is ready, give him the sword!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Lads it's time for the revolution to happen, one change that will balance everything.

--------------------Higuain - Dybala
Alex Sandro - Pjanic - Bonucci - Khedira - Dani
--------------Chiellini - Benatia - Barzagli
--------------------------Buffon

BonBon is ready, give him the sword!
What a fucking lineup :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

Except, not happy with your strikers. Way too attack-minded. Should be Hernanes at SS with Mandzukic as the sole (extremely sole) striker.

- - - Updated - - -

Tuttosport saying that Allegri is looking to drop the 3-5-2 soon...and these are some of the options

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Max doesn't play 4231, prefers 3 midfielders. Not like numbers mean anything though.
It's a tough cookie to solve, he has a Alex "Mack Track" Sandro and proven but all-offensive in Alves (and what's more important, offensive impotent impotent in Licht), offensive-minded Pjanic and likes to play Sami in advanced role. Have no idea how to incorporate all this gold at once.

Aug 12, 2015
with the 3-5-2 System we have too many defenders on the field [alves, barzagli, bonucci, chiellini, Evra (if he plays)] and that is too much in my view. We are not effective enough, especially in europe.
I think 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 would be great.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
with the 3-5-2 System we have too many defenders on the field [alves, barzagli, bonucci, chiellini, Evra (if he plays)] and that is too much in my view. We are not effective enough, especially in europe.
I think 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 would be great.
Couple of questions.

Were you born in 1986?

Was Del Piero your favourite player?

Aug 2, 2005
Why should we drop the 3-5-2 exactly?
1- The team have memorize it, we can switch back when needed like in away CL games in play offs.

2- its too conservative against smaller teams.

3- not suitable for current squad esp. that Marchisio is out.

4- our un-used talents are on wings either LMF/RMF, or RWF/LWF
All benched.

Time to change

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Christmas Tree

-------------Buff-------------

Alves--Medhi--Bon--Sandro

---Khed--March--Lemina--

----Dybs----Pjanic/jaca--

-----------Pipa-----------

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Having one fewer defender for a forward
And that automatically makes the team perform better?

Gotcha'.

1- The team have memorize it, we can switch back when needed like in away CL games in play offs.

2- its too conservative against smaller teams.

3- not suitable for current squad esp. that Marchisio is out.

4- our un-used talents are on wings either LMF/RMF, or RWF/LWF
All benched.

Time to change
1. Exactly. We are a better team with the 3-5-2, but being flexible won't hurt.

2. It's not. We have trashed several teams using this formation. Don't let this current form cloud your judgement, again.

3. Could be an option to use wingers until Marchisio is out, true, but I don't see it as a big advantage if our form won't improve. It's not just the midfield that's under-performing. I didn't see anyone complain about the formation until the Sevilla game.

4. Which makes sense because Allegri is still figuring out what is his best team, and the 3-5-2 should always be the standard formation for this squad. I don't know how you can't see this.

5. Agreed. Time for the players to step up and Allegri to fire them up. Changing formations won't do much if we can't string 3 consecutive passes together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)