Tactics and Formations (18 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
---------Morata----------
----Dybala---------Cuadrado
--Khedira/Asa-Marchisio-Pogba
-Sandro-Chiello-Bonucci-Licht-

I think that could work, problem would be backups. Who backs up Dybala and Cuadrado in that formation? Pereyra is the only one. If we can get Lamela I would, at least it gives us some flexibility.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
---------Morata----------
----Dybala---------Cuadrado
--Khedira/Asa-Marchisio-Pogba
-Sandro-Chiello-Bonucci-Licht-

I think that could work, problem would be backups. Who backs up Dybala and Cuadrado in that formation? Pereyra is the only one. If we can get Lamela I would, at least it gives us some flexibility.
I agree 100% with that line up but I think its better if Dybala and Cuadrado switch sides. The problem with Dybala is that he is heavily reliant on his left foot so you are limiting him to crosses rather than shooting. Same for Cuadrado he is right footed. I would rather Pereyra start in the mid 3.

-----------------------Buffon--------------------

Lichsteiner-----Bonucci----Chiellini----Sandro

----------Pereyra-----Marchisio-----Pogba-----

-------------Dybala--------Cuadrado-----------

-----------------------Morata--------------------

If we can get Lamela on a loan + option to buy then I would be ok with him. Going out and bidding straight cash may not be ideal though.

The above line-up has only 3 new players too so its less of a revolution and easy to adapt.

Also it is tactically versatile because Pereyra can move forward and it becomes a 4231 while Dybala and Cuadrado could switch flanks or Dybala can play up front with Morata on the left during moments of the match. Highly fluid without compromising defensive balance.

Also if you started with Caceres at right back, the system could easily move to a back 3 at any point during the match with either Pereyra or Cuadrado taking up the right wing back position.

In fact we started to play a lot better against Roma when we moved to a back 4 and had Cuadrado and Dybala playing with Morata and Caceres at right back.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

-------------------Buffon-------------------

Licht------Bonucci---Chiellini--------Sandro

--------March/Khedira--Pogba/Asa--------

Cuadrado----------Dybala-----------Pereyra

---------------Morata/Mandzukic-----------

Depending on injuries, Pogba can be pulled forward and one of Dybala/Pereyra/Cuadrado taken out and reshuffled on the wings. IMO that is the best way to play with the players we have.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Buffon
Licht Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Pereyra Marchisio Pogba
Cuadrado Morata Dybala

Neto
Caceres Barzagli Rugani Evra
Khedira Lemina Asamoah/Sturaro
Hernanes
Mandzukic Zaza​

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Morata - Dybala
A. Sandro - Pogba - Marchisio - Pereyra - Cuadrado
Chiellini - Bonucci - Caceres
Buffon

Morata - Dybala
Pereyra
Pogba - Marchisio - Khedira
A. Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner
Buffon

Cuadrado - Mandzukic - Dybala
Pogba - Lemina - Marchisio
A. Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner
Buffon

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Wouldn't object to a lop-sided system - I posted something similar a few days back.

Cuadrado is the key curiosity for me just now.

Not sure how Allegri will use him and what shape that will entail.
Diamond 4-4-2 with Pogba more central, Sandro providing width, Licht staying back more and letting Cuadrado take care of the right wing?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, something along those lines could work.

If you played Caceres instead of Lichtsteiner, you'd also have an enormously tactically-flexible XI.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If Caceres can stay fit for once in his life, the RB spot is there for the taking. Licht has always been trash going forward but if you're playing as a full back and defending as well as he was then it's not an issue. However he seems to be regressing in every aspect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)