Tactics and Formations (6 Viewers)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, and the had Barcelona and Dortmund for dessert. It wasn't only the formation, they have brought their system to perfection. But that took them quite a while.
Tbh Villanova is tactically inept. He didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation, he had the players to win that game but all he knew how to do was tell his team to keep passing the ball. That mach should have been much closer.

The thing i dont like about the 3-5-2 is like the above said it's very easy for us to get stuck in our own half and struggle to build attacks when we are pressed. We used to do most of the pressing in 11/12 and it is very easy to force the opponents into mistakes in their own half and build an attack from it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Let's just wait and see if these issues with getting stuck deep when being pressed still happen now that Juve have a few forwards who are very good at holding the ball up with their back to goal.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Even if they're good at holding the ball, it'll take an age for the wingbacks who have been defending in the box, or the midfielders who were on the edge of the box, to get into a position to help move forward.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Great post. Even if we go to 4-3-3 you won't see the same rampaging team from 2011-12, we play a lot more measured than that now, as we are looking to control the game and balance out a domestic and CL campaign.

Back then it was all different, we weren't the team to beat, more freedom and less risk.
I like how people conveniently forget how many games we drew that year.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I know I defended the 3-5-2, but in Europe we have to change. It will simply not work.

Buffon
(Storari)
Lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Peluso
(Caceres) - (Bonucci) - (Ogbonna) - (PDC)
Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio
(Padoin) - (Pogba) - (Asamoah)
Tevez
(Giovinco)
Llorente - Quagliarella
(Vucinic) - (Vucinic)​

Please Conte...why can't we try that? I think it would work well. Conte says we can't play a 4-3-3 because we don't have Pepe...but why not that? Ugh.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
that would definitely be the best thing to try. not sure about LB though there are few options there..

either

licht-barza-chiello-peluso
or
licht-barza-bonu-chiello
or
licht-barza-ogbonna-chiello
or
licht-barza-chiello-ogbonna
or
licht-barza-chiello-asamoah

- - - Updated - - -

could even play vidal-marchisio-asamoah MF too and inject some more energy into the team

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Chiellini-Ogbonna
Vidal-Marchisio-Asamoah
Tevez
Llorente-Quagliarella​

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I know I defended the 3-5-2, but in Europe we have to change. It will simply not work.

Buffon
(Storari)
Lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Peluso
(Caceres) - (Bonucci) - (Ogbonna) - (PDC)
Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio
(Padoin) - (Pogba) - (Asamoah)
Tevez
(Giovinco)
Llorente - Quagliarella
(Vucinic) - (Vucinic)​

Please Conte...why can't we try that? I think it would work well. Conte says we can't play a 4-3-3 because we don't have Pepe...but why not that? Ugh.
Conte would donate his wife to the sex-slave trade before he permanently switches from the 3-5-2.

I remember when once upon a time Conte was a proactive coach and not a reactive one. Something changed in him after his 6 month ban.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
that would definitely be the best thing to try. not sure about LB though there are few options there..

either

licht-barza-chiello-peluso
or
licht-barza-bonu-chiello
or
licht-barza-ogbonna-chiello
or
licht-barza-chiello-ogbonna
or
licht-barza-chiello-asamoah

- - - Updated - - -

could even play vidal-marchisio-asamoah MF too and inject some more energy into the team

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Chiellini-Ogbonna
Vidal-Marchisio-Asamoah
Tevez
Llorente-Quagliarella​
Licht-Barza-Bonu-Chiello :tup: it worked very well for us in 11/12.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Im rewatching the game, I just realised.

we are playing like stoke fucking city, long ball after long ball
That's what you get when your players are not instructed to run off the ball and both your wing backs can't beat a man and put in a cross if their lives depended on it.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Conte would donate his wife to the sex-slave trade before he permanently switches from the 3-5-2. .
Ok, Conte does not want to switch, we can take that for granted. Beside that, I don't think we can switch our formation that easily from one week to the other.

Im rewatching the game, I just realised.

we are playing like stoke fucking city, long ball after long ball
Yeah, we need to close the gap between midfield and attack. It has been said numerous times here. But I believe it is not necessary to switch to 4-3-3 to accomplish that. Rather we should adapt our broad midfield and not move in line on (counter-)attacks.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
that gap has always been there in the 3-5-2. it was most evident vs Bayern. it was best when we had marchisio on form making lots of runs forward.

enzo

May 14, 2012
that gap has always been there in the 3-5-2. it was most evident vs Bayern. it was best when we had marchisio on form making lots of runs forward.
Yes, but it doesn't harm us that much against team not parking the bus. Marchisio/Pogba and Vidal need to move up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)