Türkiye (14 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
That would have been a long ass answer like what is wrong with north korea. even kamal's own party, chp ditched the kemalism and purged the kemalists in order to surpass their %20 threshold.
Whatever Kemalism is/was, it is dedinitely better than whatever the fuck Erdoğan is trying to do - basically stay in power forever and keep stealing, meanwhile using whatever the hell is necessary to keep the population submissive to the sultan/calif or whatever the fuck he is trying to be.

Fuck Erdoğan!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Despicable to you. Your beloved secularism is despicable to many Turks.
Secularism is important in my opinion. For the simple reason that there are so many religious texts and they’re open for interpretation in so many different ways, from very conservative like salafism to a more modern and a more progressive view. Religion has been abused by leaders as long as men live in every part of the world, in ancient and modern times. Non-religious laws are more clear cut and understandable for everyone

For me it’s undeniable that modern democracies in the West are a geopolitical wonder if we look to history. And it’s all secular

It obviously doesn’t mean that there isn’t place for religion or spiritualism, in fact many laws protect religion and the freedom to believe whatever you want. Religious texts as the main interpretation for society is tricky imo

Basically the same with communism. In theory, it isn’t that bad. In reality, it’s corrupt and oppressive

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
it never worked. around %80 population hated kemalism, but they were forced to stay silent.
Wait, so much of the population (80% you say) hated kemalism and yet they were forced to keep quiet about it than how do you know its 80%? Isn't that by definition NOT keeping silent about it?

Answering a poll (I'm assuming its a poll you're quoting that is completely sourced and able to be reinforced with data that hasn't been tampered with by the fair and balanced and wise runner of the poll and definitely not the overbearing government that controls media and reporting and not a percentage pulled out of thin air) would NOT be keeping silent.

Jul 2, 2006
Wait, so much of the population (80% you say) hated kemalism and yet they were forced to keep quiet about it than how do you know its 80%? Isn't that by definition NOT keeping silent about it?

Answering a poll (I'm assuming its a poll you're quoting that is completely sourced and able to be reinforced with data that hasn't been tampered with by the fair and balanced and wise runner of the poll and definitely not the overbearing government that controls media and reporting and not a percentage pulled out of thin air) would NOT be keeping silent.
no, it is not a poll. it is something you can naturally realize, if you live here long enough. if it was a poll, no one would ever say that they dislike kamal. consequences would be very similiar to not liking kim jong-il in north korea.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Funny how the most advanced, safest, happiest nations are the least religious.

Stick your caveman religion up your ass you maggot.
Funny how those countries have to import religious people in order to survive as a civilization.

Wogs will shit on the land you used to walk on long after you are gone and feeding fellow maggots.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Funny how those countries have to import religious people in order to survive as a civilization.

Wogs will shit on the land you used to walk on long after you are gone and feeding fellow maggots.
It has less to do with religion and more to do with standard of Living and decreasing birthrate correlation. Unless youre implying that the Quran teaches its subjects to stay poor?

Also the second part is just lol. Your women here are getting educated and casting their shackles. You and your kind (zealots, not muslims) will be nothing more than an annoying speedbump towards a mutual goal.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Religion is personal lifestyle, in politics it's a tool to gain votes and enforce laws on people. Religion can be salvation for an individual so its wrong to berate it.

All the Turks I know in the UK are very committed to their religion but prefer here to Turkey and its not that they're running away from a religious country, nothing to do with that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Religion is personal lifestyle, in politics it's a tool to gain votes and enforce laws on people. Religion can be salvation for an individual so its wrong to berate it.

All the Turks I know in the UK are very committed to their religion but prefer here to Turkey and its not that they're running away from a religious country, nothing to do with that.
I know plenty of Turks here who aren't really religious at all, or are just casual with it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Jeez, that's not the point. If people like Erdoğan hasn't fixed himself with his religion, how can he enforce his incomplete and erroneous version of religion on the nation?

Regarding freedom, the land of the free USA has people shooting up schools and each other because that's enjoying the freedom to be armed to defend yourself. It's a culture that is breeding this behaviour, not religion. The perks of a tolerant and civilised country right?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Jeez, that's not the point. If people like Erdoğan hasn't fixed himself with his religion, how can he enforce his incomplete and erroneous version of religion on the nation?

Regarding freedom, the land of the free USA has people shooting up schools and each other because that's enjoying the freedom to be armed to defend yourself. It's a culture that is breeding this behaviour, not religion. The perks of a tolerant and civilised country right?
That's not the question at hand tho - the US is still a prosperous country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)