Türkiye (11 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Her assumptions are totally wrong, Seven.

For example, she says that Syria was an alright country before the revolution. That is totally wrong, and really unbelievable to be claimed ever. Do you know that Syrian regime has announced the state of emergency since 1960s and never stopped abusing it? Also, she claims that the Syrian community is not educated, and as a result according to her, they do not deserve freedom. Would she please give us her statistics that she based her assumption on?
Also, Syria is not really a multi-religion country. In Germany, the percentage of Christians in the country is much less than the percentage of Sunnis in Syria, but you can find one of the biggest parties in Germany calling itself a Christian party, while it is forbidden in Syria to have an Islamic party!
Then she claims that the moderates in the Free Syrian army are extremists just because she thinks so! It is a coincidence that only the Irani and Russian governments in the whole world claim the same, and she thinks that when she says that she is against her government, anybody with a mind will believe that!
You may or you may not be right, I don't know enough about Syria. But it seems like you just have a different opinion than king Ale. No reason to call her racist.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Oh wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of safety. I wasn't on Assad's side in the beginning (my posts in the Syrian thread are self-evident), I thought once you open fire on people's peaceful protests you can no longer stay. I also hate my government and I know that since day 1 they've been helping Assad and have been responsible for so many deaths. But I want Syria and the region to get back at least to 2011. Syria was an alright country, we all have our problems with our governments but no drastic change/revolution in an uneducated underdeveloped society will be a pretty change, especially in such multi-ethnic multi-religion countries as Syria. Look at the extremists who are fighting Assad in Syria that are labeled moderates in the media. They are not moderates, they are branches of the most radical militant extremists and have done the most heinous crimes while bringing "freedom" to Syria. I'm in no way supportive of Assad, he is a criminal, but he is leading one single front. Those rebels who are against him will destroy the tiniest shred of hope for Syria's future even if they defeat Assad.
What Safety Hoori? The Syrian Baath regime is the most brutal regime the Arab world has ever witnessed, you chant against them they take off your lungs (Ibrahim Qashoush), 11years old boy on youtube asks Bashar to leave the next week they kill him by cutting his balls and let him bleed to death, say anything against the regime and you are buried alive. What safety?

Syria was never an alright country like you just described it, of course the surface to some looks better with Assad regime just because they don't look as ugly and dirty as ISIS but the brutality is the same in one way or another. ISIS are doing it by forcing the Sharia law while the Syrian Regime used brutality if they just doubted you. Let alone what the Syrian regime has done and are responsible for thousands of deaths in the region mainly Lebanon and Iraq.

I've said it before, the only difference between the two is that ISIS films everything, their brutality, how they are forcing their Sharia law, how they are eating and sleeping whereas the Syrian regime has been using the same brutality with civilians, innocents, women, children etc but not under the spotlights.

Now you would probably ask me, if I was forced to pick between the two, I would have said I want them both to fight each-others but the sad part is that you also forgot to mention in your post is that there is an understanding between Assad regime and ISIS on who rules few cities and ask any Syrian even pro Assad, they have an agreement not to fight each others.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What Safety Hoori? The Syrian Baath regime is the most brutal regime the Arab world has ever witnessed, you chant against them they take off your lungs (Ibrahim Qashoush), 11years old boy on youtube asks Bashar to leave the next week they kill him by cutting his balls and let him bleed to death, say anything against the regime and you are buried alive. What safety?

Syria was never an alright country like you just described it, of course the surface to some looks better with Assad regime just because they don't look as ugly and dirty as ISIS but the brutality is the same in one way or another. ISIS are doing it by forcing the Sharia law while the Syrian Regime used brutality if they just doubted you. Let alone what the Syrian regime has done and are responsible for thousands of deaths in the region mainly Lebanon and Iraq.

I've said it before, the only difference between the two is that ISIS films everything, their brutality, how they are forcing their Sharia law, how they are eating and sleeping whereas the Syrian regime has been using the same brutality with civilians, innocents, women, children etc but not under the spotlights.

Now you would probably ask me, if I was forced to pick between the two, I would have said I want them both to fight each-others but the sad part is that you also forgot to mention in your post is that there is an understanding between Assad regime and ISIS on who rules few cities and ask any Syrian even pro Assad, they have an agreement not to fight each others.
Sorry Rab but let's agree to disagree on this. Of course i don't think pre 2011 Syria was an alright country if you take the word literally, as I don't think Saddam's Iraq was an alright country either, but i wish we could have both countries back to their previous states. Please don't talk about killing 11 year olds and stuff, only a week ago a little child was beheaded by a Turkey backed rebel group that is largely funded by the US and is labeled moderate by the washington post and the likes, it was all over the news i'm sure you have heard about it. I hate to mention these types of things when talking about a war in which both sides have committed the most disgusting crimes. I cannot predict what's gonna happen in the future and although i'm an optimist generally, i honestly don't think Syria will be a safe place again at least in my lifetime, but all i know is that Assad is one force fighting the rest, who btw shouldn't have been armed (by the US, Qatar, Turkey and Saudi) in the first place (because after all that's how civil wars start). Even if Assad is removed/defeated, these bloodthirsty radical groups (i mean moderates such as al-nusra and ahrar al-sham) will not unify and will keep burning the country until there's nothing left.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
For turning a 100 year old secular democracy into a theocratic dictatorship.
Historically secularism was violently forced down Turks throats.

The current leadership does seem to have relaxed a lot of the anti-religion laws in the country, such as allowing scarved women in to government buildings, and it has gained them a lot of support, but to claim it's a theocratic dictatorship is a huge exaggeration, the kind of drivel you'd hear on Fox News.

The current government has been winning elections for the last 15 years and the latest coup was put down by civilians (which is really unheard of). This means a large portion of the country highly supports the current government.
The government has a number of issues, but which government doesn't? We here in Australia just learnt about the atrocious and barbaric abuse of children in jails, similar to the treatment of adult prisoners in Guantanamo Bay in some ways, which is really heartbreaking.

The real issue is we aren't comfortable with a religious leadership in any Muslim country, to the level that we support violent military coups like that in Egypt against fairly elected governments, were over 1000 people were killed in cold blood on the streets. Do we really think we can keep behaving this way and hope for the people in the Middle East to just roll over and love us?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

The current leadership does seem to have relaxed a lot of the anti-religion laws in the country, such as allowing scarved women in to government buildings, and it has gained them a lot of support, but to claim it's a theocratic dictatorship is a huge exaggeration, the kind of drivel you'd hear on Fox News.

The current government has been winning elections for the last 15 years and the latest coup was put down by civilians (which is really unheard of). This means a large portion of the country highly supports the current government.
The government has a number of issues, but which government doesn't? We here in Australia just learnt about the atrocious and barbaric abuse of children in jails, similar to the treatment of adult prisoners in Guantanamo Bay in some ways, which is really heartbreaking.

The real issue is we aren't comfortable with a religious leadership in any Muslim country, to the level that we support violent military coups like that in Egypt against fairly elected governments, were over 1000 people were killed in cold blood on the streets. Do we really think we can keep behaving this way and hope for the people in the Middle East to just roll over and love us?
I don't want the West to get involved in any of these countries. Obama lectures secular countries like India on the importance of religious tolerance while ignoring the hatred and bigotry against minorities in countries like Pakistan.
The US and UK claim Assad is a tyrant, and that Iran is a threat to world peace but at the same time make love to odious regimes like Saudi Arabia and Qatar. It's all about money, oil, military bases and the arms trade.

My opposition to Erdogan is based on principles, not politics.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

Just brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the isis apologist :lol:
You can try to get closer to her in another thread. Here it is just grown-ups are talking, so please behave.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I'm usually trying not to bash religious people..
...but the reason we arent comfortable with a religious leadership is because a modern country should be ruled by laws made of common sense that can adapt over time, and not some centuries old writings from some book that some guy wrote back in an age where a women was but an object and 13 y/o was a normal age for pregnancy.

Thats why we dont like non secular states.

Every single succesfull nation in the world is non secular. Its a natural evolution over time.

Turkey had great leaders who were going the right path.

When comparing human rights and the equality of women, its quite obvious how far ahead secular country's are. And this is not a dig at Islam, because Africa and Asia got some pretty fucked up area's whom are predominant Catholic or even Buddist.

- - - Updated - - -

Just say that you're siding with Assad just because he is a slave of your beloved extremist Shia leaders. You are trying to hide your racism, but believe me, this does not work anymore.
Your endless stupidity keeps amazes me. How the fuck was that remotely racist ?

Oct 30, 2013
I understand your way of thinking. You hate everything about the part of the world you born in. According to memories of african slaves in america, it wasn't their white masters but other africans who were doing their masters bidding were most cruel to them. in order to gain their master's approval, if their masters wanted them to hit once, they hit twice. But no matter how hard they hit, they never became anything other than a slave. It is same for you. No matter how much you loathe people of this region, you will never become one of those slavemasters.
:sergio::sergio::sergio:
Who is your master? Or are you a master already? Just saying it looks like you know a thing or two when it comes to slavery.

Just say that you're siding with Assad just because he is a slave of your beloved extremist Shia leaders. You are trying to hide your racism, but believe me, this does not work anymore.
I think you're right. They should start an investigation in US on Bernie Sanders, because in Syrian crisis he was siding with Assad too. Maybe he's a Shia? OR a Racist??? :snoop:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I'm usually trying not to bash religious people..
...but the reason we arent comfortable with a religious leadership is because a modern country should be ruled by laws made of common sense that can adapt over time, and not some centuries old writings from some book that some guy wrote back in an age where a women was but an object and 13 y/o was a normal age for pregnancy.

Thats why we dont like non secular states.

Every single succesfull nation in the world is non secular. Its a natural evolution over time.

Turkey had great leaders who were going the right path.

When comparing human rights and the equality of women, its quite obvious how far ahead secular country's are. And this is not a dig at Islam, because Africa and Asia got some pretty $#@!ed up area's whom are predominant Catholic or even Buddist.

- - - Updated - - -

Your endless stupidity keeps amazes me. How the $#@! was that remotely racist ?
There are states in the US to this very day, a secular country, where the marriage age for women is 12 and for men 14.

Other countries where the legal marriage age for women is 12:

- Colombia
- Ecuador
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Uruguay

Last time I checked they are secular with a predominately Christian (Catholic) population.

There are problems all over the world. Misogyny is rampant in every society (in different ways), violence and murder is prevalent in many parts of the world, and the biggest human rights abuser is probably China (though no one dare say a word to it).

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I think you're right. They should start an investigation in US on Bernie Sanders, because in Syrian crisis he was siding with Assad too. Maybe he's a Shia? OR a Racist??? :snoop:
That is a different case. He is just another stupid leftist that thinks anybody who prays for Russia is a saint.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That is a different case. He is just another stupid leftist that thinks anybody who prays for Russia is a saint.
http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-russia/

Bernie supports enforcing economic sanctions and international pressure as an alternative to any direct military confrontation when dealing with Russia.
Bernie believes the United States should isolate Putin politically and economically.
You have zero knowledge about Sanders and his opinion on Russia. You just filled in the blanks so that they'd fit your agenda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)