Türkiye (10 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The Reichstag fire, it happened before. I still think it's the less likely scenario but you can never know.

I also find it hard to believe it was the Gulenists behind it if it wasn't staged, why would they make their ultimate move in such a weak, disorganized manner? and looking at the political map as I'm sure they did you can see it's gonna end in failure and would only make Erdogan stronger internaly at least. It's much more likely it's just a small group of mid-level military commanders acted on their own then one of Turk's theories of a parallel state or some nonsense

Regardless of who's behind it I feel really bad for the future of the country, the downward spiral that turkey is on will continue and Erdogan authoritarian regime will only get stronger. This was such a bad move and achieved exactly the opposite.
I agree, I am not convinced its Gulen either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
16 July 2016 at 12:49pm

More than 2,700 Turkish judges removed from duty
Hundreds of judges have reportedly been removed from duty in Turkey following an attempted coup by a faction of the military.
Broadcaster NTV, citing a decision by the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors, said 2,745 judges had been removed in total.
The Anadolu news agency reported that five members of Turkey's high judiciary board Hysk had also been removed.

Last updated Sat 16 Jul 2016

So it begins, he didn't even waste a day

More judges then actual soldiers that participated in the coup :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
@Ronn
My friend was also traveling back home and got stuck in the airport, he told me they heard an explosion but could also just be sonic boom of jets. Anyway i got this link to track flights:
https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/ist/departures

Hope your brother is well.
Thank you. He's fine. His plane left a few hours before all this and he didn't know anything until landed. He said flight crew started acting weird in the middle of the flight but he didn't know why
Now I have another friend stuck in the airport, but flights are due to resume soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
even the biggest erdogan haters are accepting the fact this was an gulenist attack. There is a military council in august, their names were known and they have been forced to act now before they get kicked out from the army.
That kinds of makes perfect sense and could be very well the essence of it all! It would also explain the desperate character of the act! The Gulenist scheming and influence within the army was always there and Erdogan always had it as a priority to root them out. Of they were discovered, they would risk it all before they lose that power!

Jul 2, 2006
I also find it hard to believe it was the Gulenists behind it if it wasn't staged, why would they make their ultimate move in such a weak, disorganized manner? and looking at the political map as I'm sure they did you can see it's gonna end in failure and would only make Erdogan stronger internaly at least. It's much more likely it's just a small group of mid-level military commanders acted on their own then one of Turk's theories of a parallel state or some nonsense
One key move from Erdogan decided it. He appeared on tv and called people to fill streets. If they were afraid of doing so, outcome would have been much different. You can't read this in a official statement but i know for a fact, there were a lot of generals and admirals waiting and evaluating their options during the events. There is another thing, junta's sikorsky tried to bomb biggest telecommunication center in order to put an end to tv and leave people in dark but failed to so as shot down by an f-16.

Jul 2, 2006
repercussions have begun
[video=twitter;754327525472468992]https://twitter.com/Furiouskurd/status/754327525472468992[/video]
why are you posting pkk bs? they are in conflict with this nation for like 40 years and least credible source you could ever find. they don't even care about kurds as most of them are voting for erdogan and if this coup was a success, kurds would have been obliterated. that would have been the scenario pkk prefer as they have gained most of their supporters thanks to atrocities of 1980 junta.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
usa were breastfeeding that rabbi disguised as imam for a reason. fetoists made a do or die, they couldn't and will die. they hoped that people will be scared, sitting in their homes, in meantime they also hoped that the rest of the army will join upon seeing the indiffirence of people. What they couldn't see is this society has evolved into something that can climb on a tank and grab the weapon of a soldier from the folk whom listened execution of prime minister in 1960. rest of the army to stay in their barracks expect a few occasions, it was police force, intelligence and common folk whom got rid of feto's hashashin.

no stunts, you are stupid.

around 60 dead, twice more wounded, i heard gunshots from dusk till dawn, wondering who killed whom this time, not to mention hijacked jets flying over my house, randomly bombing shit. cherry on the cake was the moment i saw that helicopter slaughter the civilians who were just walking on street live on tv. around 400 arrested and will live their rest of life in a cell.

16 of them have been just killed as i post this, refusing to surrender as they were one of the last remaining forces. this is the hashashin's way whether you like it or not.

Or maybe you bit the chocolate covered shit, hoping that muslims will suffer greatly and utterly disappointed in the end?
Glad you are safe man .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
majority accepted hitler, stalin, mao and putin

once you murder everybody who is against you only your supporters will be left
You live in germany, right ?

In both our countries we had alot turkish people invading the streets causing havoc to show their support for Erdogan in a very clear way.

Erdogan has 0 power to harm these people.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Its very simple. The grand majority of the turkish people support Erdogan and what he stands for.

We need to accept this, and react accordingly.
Not really accurate though. Erdogan won last election with 52% of the votes, hardly a grand majority considering the next party had 39% and 9% goes to the Kurds.

Also worth mentioning that he lost the voting at almost every major city or province where the pepole are, I assume, slightly more knowledgeable. he wins every elections with the votes of the "common folk".

Just like our PM :sergio:, sometimes I hate democracy

Jul 2, 2006
Not really accurate though. Erdogan won last election with 52% of the votes, hardly a grand majority considering the next party had 39% and 9% goes to the Kurds.

Also worth mentioning that he lost the voting at almost every major city or province where the pepole are, I assume, slightly more knowledgeable. he wins every elections with the votes of the "common folk".

Just like our PM :sergio:, sometimes I hate democracy
You are wrong.

Second candidate(not the second party if you're talking about presidential election) got %39 but he was supported by several parties including second and third most voted parties. Second candidate also had some Islamic background so they hoped to steal some of the Muslim votes.

This is the latest election map, where his party won in every single major city except Izmir, even in there they got %31 while opposing party got %45.

1 October 2015 - eastern provinces are least educated and red ones in the west are not exactly known for their super educated but un-islamic life style.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It doesn't matter how man people voted for Erdogan. There are certain human rights and liberties that shouldn't be taken away, even if a huge majority supports that. Plus, it's questionable how fair the Turkish elections are.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Its very simple. The grand majority of the turkish people support Erdogan and what he stands for.

We need to accept this, and react accordingly.
How? I hate Erdogan, and I'm suspicious of whether the coup was a real attempt or just an excuse for him to get rid of the opposition, but Turkish people stood for a democratically elected government although they might have hated it. What happened last night was SO not middle-eastern, and was an indicator of civilian maturity and understanding of democracy, if they care for it (whether the whole thing was a show is not relevant here because Turkish people knew about it as much as we do). Maybe anti-Morsi Egyptians should have done the same thing too.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter how man people voted for Erdogan. There are certain human rights and liberties that shouldn't be taken away, even if a huge majority supports that. Plus, it's questionable how fair the Turkish elections are.
Sure, because coups are in line with such liberties.

And any election in the world can be questioned with as much evidence as you provide in your last sentence.

Jul 2, 2006
No, it is not. In last election, opposition tried hard to make it look like there is a vote stealing going on. So they created a group called ''oy ve ötesi'' which allows everybody who join to witness the whole voting and counting process. In a nation with population of 80 million, counting the votes took like 2 hours, they were there along with party representitives guarding ballot boxes and counting the votes, in the end they had to admit that election was fair. Results announced by them and announced by election board matched. Even the sore losers know it now that the minority dictatorship in Türkiye is long gone and it won't be an Egypt or Syria as we saw yesterday.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
No, it is not. In last election, opposition tried hard to make it look like there is a vote stealing going on. So they created a group called ''oy ve ötesi'' which allows everybody who join to witness the whole voting and counting process. In a nation with population of 80 million, counting the votes took like 2 hours, they were there along with party representitives guarding ballot boxes and counting the votes, in the end they had to admit that election was fair. Results announced by them and announced by election board matched. Even the sore losers know it now that the minority dictatorship in Türkiye is long gone and it won't be an Egypt or Syria as we saw yesterday.
There are other ways elections can be unfair. For example, there is no free press in Turkey.

- - - Updated - - -

How? I hate Erdogan, and I'm suspicious of whether the coup was a real attempt or just an excuse for him to get rid of the opposition.
Check one of my earlier posts where I explain why this idea is retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, because coups are in line with such liberties.
It depends on the circumstances. In most cases they are not, but there are exceptions. In this case, we don't know much about the organisers to sa with certainty. Gulen is no better than Erdogan, but I doubt he was involved. What we know for certain is that Erdogan is not a democrat, he is a fundamentalist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)