Türkiye (13 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
What I find strange is what could they possibly gain from bombing during a coup? Youre supposed to be trying to gain the peoples support, not scaring and bombing.
It's not the first time they come up with this shit and none of them was without ''blessing'' of usa. Since there was no way they could gain support, they choose to scare them by killing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
it looks more like a staged plan to increase his popularity within and abroad, rather than a stupid, pointless coup attempt, against the will of the Turkish ppl.Its just doesnt make any sense, the generals never stood a chance, every allied country would help the Turkish ppl to restore Erdogan, democracy and stability!

Jul 2, 2006
it looks more like a staged plan to increase his popularity within and abroad, rather than a stupid, pointless coup attempt, against the will of the Turkish ppl.Its just doesnt make any sense, the generals never stood a chance, every allied country would help the Turkish ppl to restore Erdogan, democracy and stability!
Like they did before in 1908, 1960, 1971, 1980 and 1997?

In 97, they did not even need to do this much. Tanks were in moving in only one street and all they had to do was forcing government to resign and accept their decisions on social policies by talking(threatening). It was called ''post-modern coup'' which you don't need to kill and arrest thousands or even don't need to take control but only give control to a puppet prime minister not elected but appointed, doing your bidding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Turkish_military_memorandum

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Well the important thing here is that its (almost) over. I'm hearing there's still some clashes but also hearing people started resuming their daily routines. Turk has there really been 60+ casualties? Very saddening to hear that also lots of people have been hospitalized.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Like they did before in 1908, 1960, 1971, 1980 and 1997?

In 97, they did not even need to do this much. Tanks were in moving in only one street and all they had to do was forcing government to resign and accept their decisions on social policies by talking(threatening). It was called ''post-modern coup'' which you don't need to kill and arrest thousands or even don't need to take control but only give control to a puppet prime minister not elected but appointed, doing your bidding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Turkish_military_memorandum
Isnt this what the USA does for living?

If thats the case, it has their trademark signature all over it!

PS: who and why would spread the rumors that Erdogan was denied to run into Germany, what would they gain from it? I just dont get that part and its important because the western media was happy to reproduce it.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I don't see any scenario where such a coup would benefit anyone but Erdogan. And the way it was handled from start to finish can only help to support that.

Now I don't know what's scarier at this point, a president who's willing to go this far for his claim on country or a country that is already divided and torn by ethnicity tensions while fighting two failed wars sticking to such a president.

This has Syria 2011/2012 dejavu all over it.

Jul 2, 2006
PS: who and why would spread the rumors that Erdogan was denied to run into Germany, what would they gain from it? I just dont get that part and its important because the western media was happy to reproduce it.
They hate Turks and Muslims in general but using his name for their insults.

Btw, even the biggest erdogan haters are accepting the fact this was an gulenist attack. There is a military council in august, their names were known and they have been forced to act now before they get kicked out from the army.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Fethullah Gulen condemns and denies any connection to the "coup":

However, in a statement, Mr Gulen rejected any suggestion he had links to the events.
"I condemn, in the strongest terms, the attempted military coup in Turkey," he said.
-BBC

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I don't see any scenario where such a coup would benefit anyone but Erdogan. And the way it was handled from start to finish can only help to support that.

Now I don't know what's scarier at this point, a president who's willing to go this far for his claim on country or a country that is already divided and torn by ethnicity tensions while fighting two failed wars sticking to such a president.

This has Syria 2011/2012 dejavu all over it.
Why at this time though? Isn't he president until 2020 or something? Why stage a coup when already in power? I've very little knowledge of the politics there, so a crash course will be appreciated :D

Jul 2, 2006
icemaη;5320684 said:
Why at this time though? Isn't he president until 2020 or something? Why stage a coup when already in power? I've very little knowledge of the politics there, so a crash course will be appreciated :D
He wants to change the constitution which also made by junta in 82 and change parliamentary system to presidential system. He probably means that.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Retarded conspiracy theory. Explain to me, how do you organize something like that? A lot of people died and those who surrendered are probably going to be executed or at least jailed for life. So if it was staged, how did Erdogan do it?

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
The Reichstag fire, it happened before. I still think it's the less likely scenario but you can never know.

I also find it hard to believe it was the Gulenists behind it if it wasn't staged, why would they make their ultimate move in such a weak, disorganized manner? and looking at the political map as I'm sure they did you can see it's gonna end in failure and would only make Erdogan stronger internaly at least. It's much more likely it's just a small group of mid-level military commanders acted on their own then one of Turk's theories of a parallel state or some nonsense

Regardless of who's behind it I feel really bad for the future of the country, the downward spiral that turkey is on will continue and Erdogan authoritarian regime will only get stronger. This was such a bad move and achieved exactly the opposite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)