Türkiye (17 Viewers)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I know it sounds obvious, but with some coups is just more clear cut, worried that it's more 50 50 here
It is almost an even split right now in Turkey as much as I know. The liberal side of the political map in Turkey have never really recovered since Erdogan got in power.

There will be a lot of clashes starting tomorrow imo, taking over Istanbul and Ankara is the easy part, Erdogan support comes mostly from outside the major cities

next few day are going to be chaotic

- - - Updated - - -

using the coup to legitimate further persecution of political enemies I meant
Not necessarily worth the humiliation. What kind of a respectable dictator would make himself look so weak ?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My boy in Turkey is saying this is staged so that erdoghan inherits more power from the fallout
Looks like my boy was right, erdoghan gets more support, weeds out stupid opposition and now has free hand to go after the smarter opposition
Interesting...

Though a nation under perceived threat is fertile ground for curbing rights and cramping down with extreme nationalism and prejudice.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Good.

Military shall never be given the freedom to take over a democratically elected government unless constitution is broken.
Unless its in ukraine, then its totally allowed

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like my boy was right, erdoghan gets more support, weeds out stupid opposition and now has free hand to go after the smarter opposition
Erdogan receives big support of the turks in the street and on social media.

We should all remember that the turkish people support what Erdogan does and stands for.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Apparently more explosions heard, a friend of mine at the airport says they heard an explosion too, while some sources state its the sonic boom of njets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)