Türkiye (15 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well now I'm interested.
It's because prime ministers are not elected as directly as presidents. You could see Trump as president of the US, not as prime minister of the UK. Prime ministers are usually the result of a lot of negotiating in multiparty democracies and matter less than the majority they represent.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's because prime ministers are not elected as directly as presidents. You could see Trump as president of the US, not as prime minister of the UK. Prime ministers are usually the result of a lot of negotiating in multiparty democracies and matter less than the majority they represent.
That's a valid point to be fair.

But still, are you saying Prime Ministers in developed countries never make gaffes like that one, or if they do they're forced to resign? A bit of a far fetched claim that can easily be refuted, plus it was obviously a mistake.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's a valid point to be fair.

But still, are you saying Prime Ministers in developed countries never make gaffes like that one, or if they do they're forced to resign? A bit of a far fetched claim that can easily be refuted, plus it was obviously a mistake.
No, I really meant prime ministers are less prone to making mistakes, because of how they got there. But obviously my initial post was to be taken in jest. You have utter morons in high positions in almost any country.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
a turk historian just explained why the armenian genocide can't be called a genocide.

...because the word "genocide" didn't exist back in 1915 :lol: :sergio:
Meh. Today your face is on currency as a national hero. A century from now you're guilty of mass transgender oppression and every one of your statues is taken down. We humans like to judge the past a lot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
a turk historian just explained why the armenian genocide can't be called a genocide.

...because the word "genocide" didn't exist back in 1915 :lol: :sergio:

Even if you were to successfully make that case, it would still be mass murder. I fail to see the relevancy of his argument.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Disgusting country.
Which country isnt?
Meh. Today your face is on currency as a national hero. A century from now you're guilty of mass transgender oppression and every one of your statues is taken down. We humans like to judge the past a lot.
:tup:

Even if you were to successfully make that case, it would still be mass murder. I fail to see the relevancy of his argument.
Losing a war sucks, still nowhere near what euros did in africa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)