Türkiye (13 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
"its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or by anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government"

Brrrrrrr
It's the same in my country also.
I think it's the same in the entire EU.
As long as there isn't any dictatorship or some form of autocratic leadership, the national bank should be independent from the political factor.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
As long as there isn't any dictatorship or some form of autocratic leadership, the national bank should be independent from the political factor.
In Poland their decisions are independent but they are all being nominated by the government. So in theory, once they are elected they could whatever they want but if they do and it's not in line with what the gov wants, then they won't be reelected by this gov.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
In Poland their decisions are independent but they are all being nominated by the government. So in theory, once they are elected they could whatever they want but if they do and it's not in line with what the gov wants, then they won't be reelected by this gov.
Yeah. It's the same in România also.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But if it doesn't answer to anyone what's to curtail its power, checks and balances you know. If you have time check out this video:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
What are the interest rates in Romania currently? Is the inflation raising rapidly?
National bank interest rate is at 1.75%
Inflation at a whooping 8-10% thx to the electrical energy and natural gas prices soaring.
For housing, at private banks the intrest rate is between 6-8% per year.

How about Poland.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
But if it doesn't answer to anyone what's to curtail its power, checks and balances you know. If you have time check out this video:

The reverse could also be said.
What if the checks and balances use the National Bank power for their own monetary speculation.
As the Quazis and I said, their not completely independent or at least their leaders aren't.
Also theoretically political power could seize its independence at any point in time through the use of force fi they need to.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
National bank interest rate is at 1.75%
Inflation at a whooping 8-10% thx to the electrical energy and natural gas prices soaring.
For housing, at private banks the intrest rate is between 6-8% per year.

How about Poland.
Interest rates are at 1.75% while the inflation for November was 7.8%. Obviously the "real" inflation is much higher. Speaking of mortgages, in Poland it is the interest rate + bank's margin. I checked now and the margin is around 2% for most banks (so 3.75% in total).

The interest rates have been increased already two times recently and it's not the end. The inflation is soaring and people are getting more and more upset with the raising prices. We are yet to be hit with the new energy prices in 2022 which will only make the inflation grow further (at a much faster rate).

The inflation is caused by the social programs sponsored by the government and all the money that was given to the business for not working during pandemic. Our national debt has grown exceptionally since March 2020.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Interest rates are at 1.75% while the inflation for November was 7.8%. Obviously the "real" inflation is much higher. Speaking of mortgages, in Poland it is the interest rate + bank's margin. I checked now and the margin is around 2% for most banks (so 3.75% in total).

The interest rates have been increased already two times recently and it's not the end. The inflation is soaring and people are getting more and more upset with the raising prices. We are yet to be hit with the new energy prices in 2022 which will only make the inflation grow further (at a much faster rate).

The inflation is caused by the social programs sponsored by the government and all the money that was given to the business for not working during pandemic. Our national debt has grown exceptionally since March 2020.
*Printed

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well there you go - Islamic Finance is to blame.

People can tip-toe all they want, but Islam is a problem. When something is (supposedly) good but its effects are bad, what do you fuckin call it?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)