Türkiye (114 Viewers)

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
The arrogance :lol2:

Wow, you are lowest of the low.

You suffer from 'we used to be a fuckin empire bitches' syndrome. You're not anymore, get over it.

Don't try to portray other people; poor, minorities as evil and baby killers. The Ottaman Empire didn't become what it was by handing out candy and kissing people on the cheeks. Terrible terrible things were done.

And I'll add that for all your secular, Kemalist ideological, borderline anti-Islamic policies you really have nothing to show for it. You're society is more liberal yet you're still as backwards as any other "Islamic" state. You have made next to no contribution to the modern world.

edit: I actually like Turks. I grew up Uppsala, Sweden where there's a significant Turkish community but your attitude is really starting to annoy me. Just think about the affect you're having on here with your arguments :sergio:
:)

What are you talking about? Seriously, what are you talking about?

Kemalist support the idea that government and religion should be totally two different things. Just like United States, France, England, Spain and Italy, so on. Separation of church and state, does it ring a bell?

On the other hand, AKP and religious people want Turkey to be not Republic of Turkey, they want to have a country just like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Libya and so on.

And you think good way to improve a country is to become like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria and Libya? Not France, England, Spain, United States or Italy?

Really? And you're calling us that we made no contribution to the modern world?

Your understanding from modern world is to become an Arab country? No. We don't want dictatorship, we want democracy. Just like we still have since 1923.

By the way, I come to Sweden a lot for work purposes. I love Swedish girls, just like you like Turks but Turks in Sweden are actually from East, and most of them don't even have any education whatsoever. Just like Turks in Germany. They shouldn't represent Turks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Someday your grandchildren will look upon your generation and feel a horrible sense of shame and disgust at your callous disregard for basic human dignity and the stringent nationalism that fuels it.
He said, %50 of the world did recognize so-called Armenian genocide.

I just proved it to everybody, it's not %50. I can name all the countries who have recognized it.

He's talking about this with no proof. I'm stating a fact in here with proof.

And I never denided that Armeanians have died but it wasn't a genocide. It was a war. Just like %90 of the world accept it.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
So they killed over 1 million people without having any command structure or systematic plan?

'They Started it' is not a valid argument for somebody over 10 years of age.
What do you do someone at the bar slaps you in the face? Dont you slap him back? And you think this is a valid argument for somebody over 10 years of age?

What would you do, seriously? "You did slap me in the face. Please stay here in this bar. I will call the cops on you." Is that what you're gonna say?

We lived with Armeanians in peace for so many years and they slaughter a lot of children and women while most of the men in the country were in an independence war. So when they came back to their homes and they couldn't find their wife and kids, they did attack all the Armeanians.

It's a war, not a genocide.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Jesus said to turn the other cheek. What did Mohamed say about physical violence when threatened?
I don't know and I don't care what Jesus or Mohamed would say. I lived in Milan for 7 years when I was in middle school - high school and 5 years in New York when I was in college. In both countries, if you slap someone in the face, they will slap you right back. In Turkey, if someone slaps you in the face, they will punch you in the face. And that's totally right thing to do.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Kemalist support the idea that government and religion should be totally two different things. Just like United States, France, England, Spain and Italy, so on. Separation of church and state, does it ring a bell?

On the other hand, AKP and religious people want Turkey to be not Republic of Turkey, they want to have a country just like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Libya and so on.

And you think good way to improve a country is to become like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria and Libya? Not France, England, Spain, United States or Italy?

Your understanding from modern world is to become an Arab country? No. We don't want dictatorship, we want democracy. Just like we still have since 1923.

By the way, I come to Sweden a lot for work purposes. I love Swedish girls, just like you like Turks but Turks in Sweden are actually from East, and most of them don't even have any education whatsoever. Just like Turks in Germany. They shouldn't represent Turks.

and who appointed you representative of turkey?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

The funny thing is that you think that Kemal was a democratic leader, not a dictator like the Arab leaders :lol2:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

What are you talking about?

I never said any of those things. I said that your society is more free but you're no better than "Islamic" countries. You need to get off your high horse.

Jesus Christ, how could I have possibly insinuated that Arab countries have contributed to the modern world :lol2:

Oh, they're not Turkish now? I must say, your mind works in mysterious ways. Yesterday you said how could anyone know more about Turkey than you because you're Turkish. Then you told Eddy that he doesn't know anything about the Armenian conflict...yet by your logic he should know more about it than you because he is Armenian!

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
%50 of the world recognizes so-called Armenian genocide? Are you high or excessively drunk right now?

20 countries have recognized the so-called Armenian genocide. Should I remind you that we have over 210 countries in the world. I'll let you do the math.

Or should I do it? Since I have my MBA for International Finance.

I'll do it for you.

20 (number of countries that have recognized genocide)/ .210 (we have more countries but lets leave it at this) = .09523

Which means %9.

Good luck with that math.
I was talking population-wise. Read properly. Anyways, that's not even the point as it's been so politicized and everyone is staying away from it as to not lose relations with Turkey.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
IZ, he seems to be looking the other way and isn't commenting back on what we are posting and is changing the subject for that matter.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just like you like Turks but Turks in Sweden are actually from East, and most of them don't even have any education whatsoever. Just like Turks in Germany. They shouldn't represent Turks.
How funny, just like Ze, I know lots of turks here in Uppsala and grew up with several, I'll save you the ways I gotten positive impressions of Turkey from them. I'll just say its funny you are belittling and insulting them like that, due to the part of Turkey they come from, and how they shouldnt represent Turkey, when YOU are the one, with just few inane and zealot posts is representing your beloved Turkey in quite negative way. Why you ask? Because I read your posts and think what a total brainwashed bigoted buffoon, a Turkish brainwashed bigoted buffoon. Oh, what does that mean, that you shouldnt represent Turkey?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Can't you Turks and Armenians just get over yourselves already. This shit happened almost a century ago, yet you guys act like it was yesterday. It's like me still hating Japs for Pearl Harbor.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Can't you Turks and Armenians just get over yourselves already. This shit happened almost a century ago, yet you guys act like it was yesterday. It's like me still hating Japs for Pearl Harbor.
Tell that to the Chinese and Japanese re: the Rape of Nanking as well.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
We want recognition from the Turks that it happened. The holocaust was recognized by the Germans for what they did. The Turks haven't almost after a 100 years. That's why were not giving up. Anyway, the main archives from our side is being released online in 2015, a 100 years later, and the Vatican just recently opened up their archives for a book they are publishing on what they saw at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)