Syrian civil war (15 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Why would they? If you like that people to live by your morals, he is fine.
They used to idolize nasrallah, but now hate him i see the same shift in emotion with erdoghan soon

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they? If you like that people to live by your morals, he is fine.
They used to idolize nasrallah, but now hate him i see the same shift in emotion with erdoghan soon

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

I don't idolize anyone. But personally I'm loyal to ideas and principles not to people. If I felt Erdogan no longer represented those ideas and principles, I'd be against him in a second. I don't know why people think it's a good thing to be unconditionally loyal to a public figure, I'm not and I never will be.

Nasrallah used to be a symbol of the resistance against Israel(I'd still side with him no doubt in any other struggle against Israel) but the minute he took the Syrian regime's side in their brutal crackdown of their people, then of course I'd be against him. Unconditional loyalty to a person? that's what dogs are for.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. As soon as their fascist way of thinking is turning against them, they'll shift. They're hypocrites.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah. As soon as their fascist way of thinking is turning against them, they'll shift. They're hypocrites.
I'd respond, but your posts are never more than a sentence and a half. I don't even know what your opinion is, because all you bother to do is throw in a one liner showing your disapproval every now and then, but not really engage in any discussion ever. I can't respect someone like you, you're a coward intellectually.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't idolize anyone. But personally I'm loyal to ideas and principles not to people. If I felt Erdogan no longer represented those ideas and principles, I'd be against him in a second. I don't know why people think it's a good thing to be unconditionally loyal to a public figure, I'm not and I never will be.

Nasrallah used to be a symbol of the resistance against Israel(I'd still side with him no doubt in any other struggle against Israel) but the minute he took the Syrian regime's side in their brutal crackdown of their people, then of course I'd be against him. Unconditional loyalty to a person? that's what dogs are for.
We can't all be lions :p

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think hypocrite is the right word, foolishly loyal to impractical ideas is more like it

- - - Updated - - -

I'd respond, but your posts are never more than a sentence and a half. I don't even know what your opinion is, because all you bother to do is throw in a one liner showing your disapproval every now and then, but not really engage in any discussion ever. I can't respect someone like you, you're a coward intellectually.
En garde!

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not an intellectual. Now, fuck off.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think hypocrite is the right word, foolishly loyal to impractical ideas is more like it

- - - Updated - - -

En garde!
No. People want to dictate what others do, think and how they express themselves. This is not only a problem in Muslim communities, but a growing problem in the West.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

En garde!
That's not what I meant. :p

My point is, yes I would never rule out turning against Erdogan or any politician/public figure for that matter. I see nothing wrong with that tbh.

I'm not an intellectual. Now, fuck off.
I didn't say you were. I'd never say something like that. But I now understand why all your responses are one liners, you obviously have poor comprehension.

Ok that's all from me X, I'll en garde now :snoop:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,217

Totally agree. Only idiots are stuck with a person regardless of his changing acts and attitude.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    Totally agree. Only idiots are stuck with a person regardless of his changing acts and attitude.
    :lol:

a0YBP8B_700b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/11/27/us-general-turkey-should-be-kicked-out-of-nato/

US General: Turkey Should Be Kicked Out of NATO

Erdogan the first dictator Vallely didn't love at first sight

Turkey pursues its own interests in the Syrian conflict and it is not cooperating with NATO or other forces in the region, a retired US Army Major General Paul Vallely said in an interview with RT.

The downing of a Russian Su-24 bomber by the Turkish air force will hardly be the last act of provocation by Ankara, so NATO should kick Turkey out of the alliance, Vallely said.

He believes that the attack on the Russian aircraft had nothing to do with protecting national borders. It was aimed at demonstrating to Russia that Turkey is the dominant power in the region and that it’s not going to give ground.

The president of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been involved in the conflict in the area for quite some time, and this incident isn’t the first of its kind: a few years ago Turkey shot down a Syrian jet.

According to Vallely, the Su-24 incident was a clear provocation. And since Turkey seeks to control the situation in the region and lays claim to being a regional leader, it is going to continue to commit provocative actions in the future.

NATO should consider this incident a red flag, the retired Major General stressed. Turkey unilaterally made a decision to down a Russian plane and showed that it is not going to agree its actions with the alliance. This has been Ankara’s policy for a long time.

“They want to recreate their own Ottoman Empire to a great degree, and of course Erdogan is moving more towards a controlled Islamic State [ISIL]. So they have the wrong agenda there in Turkey and that’s what they are following”, — Vallely noted.

NATO member states should build up steam and push Turkey out of the alliance, because Ankara is not “cooperating against ISIS, not cooperating at all with some of the forces inside of Syria, they want to see Assad removed or replaced by another government,” Vallely said.

Turkey only uses NATO when it needs something and tries to benefit from the membership as much as it can. The country gets operational guides, techniques, new weapons and equipment, new tactics and strategies. Yet Erdogan continues to pursue only his own interests, he argued.

The incident is not a good omen for Europe, or for the Middle East, or for NATO, Vallely concluded.

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant clip on fundamentalism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)