Syrian civil war (3 Viewers)

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
Well yeah, there's that.

But I think that whoever takes over wont be as bad, right now the majority are being oppresed (and I'm being very gentel) by a very small Shia minority.

In this crazy part of the world you can't possibly know what's gonna happen until it does, it's always a roll of a dice and I find it unlikely it can be any worse for them.
Give me break man. Do you know who are the so called rebels? The barbaric wahabbi butchers. Do you even know about theres ideology? They will massacre every non-wahabi, shia, christian...
These people dont have brain, the just calling everybody infidels, kafirs, how they said. Do you realise that Syria may become another Iraq? Do you falow news in Iraq? Almost every day some wahabbi blow something and killed a dozen.
Asad is not perfect, but is best right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
There is no contradiction here, you smartasses. I would much rather see it done without foreign intervation but since it's not the case, i will accept it if it will stop the bloodshed. Assad has no legitimacy other than being a son of his father. Finishing his reign off is completely justifiable.

I am saying same thing; Let the people govern themselves, in Egypt and in Syria and in somewhere else. Respect their decision.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,289
    RAMI¹⁰;4281780 said:
    First of all, thanks for your wishes... Second, the problem isn't your local media, its where they get their reports from which lead us back to the western media + the Arabian gulf powerful media (Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabia) which all of them have a clear agenda. having said that, the local Syrian media isn't better, so no one knows where the truth lies!
    What I am saying is based on what the locals there say about this issue.
    As for the president, as you and Eddy mentioned, its a state institution, and let me tell you that a big part of Sunnis in Syria are secular and they prefer to be ruled by a modern president not a religious one!
    Just for the info of all, Assad in the last elections got 64% of the votes not in the region of 90s as others try to imply...
    This is not Aljazeera, Rami
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18919256/...ion-syrias-president-re-elected/#.Uh1EXNIwqaY

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    :D

- - - Updated - - -

Arab league said he used chemical weapons.

Does that mean anything?:D
    Not really. I personally don't think he used any chemical weapons. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to launch them on the day when U.N. inspectors had already arrived and the bombardment being 5 kilometers outside of Damascus. Sounds like a play to me.

Apr 12, 2004
    RAMI¹⁰;4281780 said:
    First of all, thanks for your wishes... Second, the problem isn't your local media, its where they get their reports from which lead us back to the western media + the Arabian gulf powerful media (Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabia) which all of them have a clear agenda. having said that, the local Syrian media isn't better, so no one knows where the truth lies!
    What I am saying is based on what the locals there say about this issue.
    As for the president, as you and Eddy mentioned, its a state institution, and let me tell you that a big part of Sunnis in Syria are secular and they prefer to be ruled by a modern president not a religious one!
    Just for the info of all, Assad in the last elections got 64% of the votes not in the region of 90s as others try to imply...

Brilliant, my boy, BRILLIANT!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Not really. I personally don't think he used any chemical weapons. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to launch them on the day when U.N. inspectors had already arrived and the bombardment being 5 kilometers outside of Damascus. Sounds like a play to me.
    exactly :) i share the same opinion to be honest.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    RAMI¹⁰;4282524 said:
    Yes, Abed. This is NBC. So?! They are your reliable source?!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Abed. This is NBC. So?! They are your reliable source?!
    There is an article on the Washington Post that states that the rebels where responsible for the gas, so in all honesty there is crap when in handling Syria in the news.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Apparently the Pres is going to try to get Congressional approval on Sept 9th. Hopefully they say no thanks.

It's a tragedy, but it's not our obligation to step into every bad situation in the world. What we should do is just blame all the dead people in Syria on Russia and China.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)