Syrian civil war (11 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
It's stupid to hate on this guy, him siding with the revolution would be a political and military suicide. He was asking for reformations in Syria ever since the demonstrations broke out which is the most he can talk about given his position.

Sure you can call him a hypocrite for siding with Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Bahrain's revolutions and opting not to for the Syrian one but this is politics for you and interests. Him going against his probably only Arab ally would end up in a disaster for his league to say the least.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
That's in the 70s dude, watched it already. Too much had changed in Lebanon and the Arab world since then, Hell at that time there was virtually no one in Lebanon with a loyalty to the country itself, bunch of war lords.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's stupid to hate on this guy, him siding with the revolution would be a political and military suicide. He was asking for reformations in Syria ever since the demonstrations broke out which is the most he can talk about given his position.
It's not stupid at all. From Ghaith's view and position I perfectly understand him. After what the Syrian people did to us Shi'aa in 2006 when the war took place against Israel and we all had to run through Syria, they served them, gave them food, shelves etc... and now he's turning his back on them.

Nasrallah also contradicts himself, he sticked his nose in the Bahrain revolution, Libyan and many others asking the people to put down the criminals (dictators) but when it comes to Syria, Bashar is the cleanest man alive and is the ideal man for the chair.

It's all business my friend;), Nasrallah without Bashar is like taking a fish out of the water.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It's not stupid at all. From Ghaith's view and position I perfectly understand him. After what the Syrian people did to us Shi'aa in 2006 when the war took place against Israel and we all had to run through Syria, they served them, gave them food, shelves etc... and now he's turning his back on them.

Nasrallah also contradicts himself, he sticked his nose in the Bahrain revolution, Libyan and many others asking the people to put down the criminals (dictators) but when it comes to Syria, Bashar is the cleanest man alive and is the ideal man for the chair.

It's all business my friend;), Nasrallah without Bashar is like taking a fish out of the water.
So you sympathize with Ghaith's perspective yet understand that of Nasrallah? We're on the same page here, Rab. It was stupid on my part to label it stupid, forgot I was talking to a Syrian when I said that.

My appologies, Ghaith :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's in the 70s dude, watched it already. Too much had changed in Lebanon and the Arab world since then, Hell at that time there was virtually no one in Lebanon with a loyalty to the country itself, bunch of war lords.
Too much changed in Lebanon bro indeed, but ideology remains. And this what scares us with Hezbollah party. It's their ideology and the way they're following the Iranian regime.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
This is a bit off topic but here's my view on the Hezballah-Iran 'partnership'. Iranians are basically the money, arms and political coverage for Hezballah, ever since the latter started. All this without mentioning the religious part of the story. There's no way such an alliance will dissolve unless one or both are completely wiped out, which will never happen. Iran won't be attacked and political reforms are in no way to get started.

That said, I don't see Hezballah following any Iranian agenda internally and by that I mean the political situation in Lebanon. They don't have a say in the government or passing laws, they simply maintain Hizballah as a cutting edge in the face of Israel and as a face to a new Iranian-sided lebanon but in no way an Iraqi clone. I like how Nasrallah seems to handle both issues internal and foreign regarding Iran, it's like he nods when they mention israel yet turns his back when Lebanon is on the agenda :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,529

Sure you can call him a hypocrite for siding with Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Bahrain's revolutions and opting not to for the Syrian one but this is politics for you and interests. Him going against his probably only Arab ally would end up in a disaster for his league to say the least.
    He could just shut up and spare us some of his conclusions about the Syrian regime.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Dude this is politics, Hizballah are probably Syria's dearest ally. They surely would be expecting some comfort in time when everyone seems on their neck just as they've done over and over with them. It aint much of a surprise nor that of a big deal, it's not like it's Hizballah's army killing protesters in the Syrian cities and villages..

Sometimes you gotta stand for you ally even when you know he's damn wrong. Only way to survive, ask Jumblat if you don't want to take my word for it ;)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,531
    it's not like it's Hizballah's army killing protesters in the Syrian cities and villages..
    How are you so sure of that?

Sometimes you gotta stand for you ally even when you know he's damn wrong.
    He can do whatever he wants but he should not be surprised when he sees people spitting on his beard as he is as dirty as Bashar.

Only way to survive, ask Jumblat if you don't want to take my word for it ;)
    Who? :D
    Jumblat?
    He is the worst example you could bring as he always changed his ally when he sees he may annoy his craziness.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    How are you so sure of that?
    It's not like they're running out of thugs Abed, are they now? The army is more than enough at this point.

He can do whatever he wants but he should not be surprised when he sees people spitting on his beard as he is as dirty as Bashar.
    :sergio:

Who? :D
    Jumblat?
    He is the worst example you could bring as he always changed his ally when he sees he may annoy his craziness.
    I was talking about his father, old man :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I agree with Abed, he can just shut the fuck up, ok don't criticize them, we'll understand that. But blatantly standing in the side of that murderous regime? Well then you better get ready to receive some serious flak. I used to be Nasrallah's biggest defender before, but now, all i can say, is fuck him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    He can do whatever he wants but he should not be surprised when he sees people spitting on his beard as he is as dirty as Bashar..
    Remember when we used to debate/argue Hezbollah's mentality, their interior politics and all? I still stand by my choice when I said he can never be trusted. Or to be more accurate, this party as all can not be trusted.

Even though I've never been an admirer of Nasrallah (Except when we're facing the Israeli's) it's sad to see him lose so many admirers Arab world-wide. He brought this to himself. Like you and Fred said, he's free if he wants to side with the regime but at least stay quiet and don't contradict yourself.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,535
    I agree with Abed, he can just shut the fuck up, ok don't criticize them, we'll understand that. But blatantly standing in the side of that murderous regime? Well then you better get ready to receive some serious flak. I used to be Nasrallah's biggest defender before, but now, all i can say, is fuck him.
    Exactly...

Remember when we used to debate/argue Hezbollah's mentality, their interior politics and all? I still stand by my choice when I said he can never be trusted. Or to be more accurate, this party as all can not be trusted.

Even though I've never been an admirer of Nasrallah (Except when we're facing the Israeli's) it's sad to see him lose so many admirers Arab world-wide. He brought this to himself. Like you and Fred said, he's free if he wants to side with the regime but at least stay quiet and don't contradict yourself.
    I admit I was defending him in the past when I was discussing you and Jack. Now, I know he has no ethics and no principles. He is just another politician that make use of others' tragedies.

I was talking about his father, old man :D
    You know who killed him. no? His favorite allies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Exactly...

I admit I was defending him in the past when I was discussing you and Jack. Now, I know he has no ethics and no principles. He is just another politician that make use of others' tragedies.

You know who killed him. no? His favorite allies.
    :tup:

We were on the same boat mate.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    May he RIP.

It's odd that they haven't completely cut off the internet there in Syria Ghaith. In Libya that was one of the first things they did at the very start of the revolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)