Syrian civil war (23 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,543
    The crime at Hamah city continues. People there say that at least 14 of them were killed by the criminal thugs.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,544
    Syrian forces 'targeting mobile-phone videos'

One of Syria's leading human rights activists has claimed that protesters shooting videos on their mobile phones are now being deliberately targeted by the security services as the government tries to get a grip on the propaganda war.

Radwan Ziadeh, who has become one of the most prominent opposition figures outside Syria since the uprising began in mid-March, said that the security services were now trying to forestall negative media attention by sweeping through neighbourhoods before operations and ordering civilians not to film them.

It comes after disturbing footage emerged of a man apparently being shot while filming a gun-toting soldier in Homs on Friday. The video, uploaded on to YouTube over the weekend, shows an unseen cameraman trying to film the soldier from what appears to be his balcony.

As gunshots echo all around and the shouts of protesters are heard in the distance, the lens focuses on a gunman below just as he points his rifle up towards the cameraman.

A loud shot is then heard, after which the camera falls to the floor, followed by the sounds of voices wailing and crying out for help. There is no way of establishing if the footage is genuine.

According to Radwan Ziadeh, the security services are now trying to get a grip on the daily flood of video evidence against them by deliberately targeting protesters. "First they send people in plain clothes to target people on the balconies. They tell them to get inside their homes and sometimes fire into the air or threaten them. Then they send the security men in uniforms."

The internet has played a pivotal role in Syria's 14-week uprising – perhaps more so than in any of the other Arab insurrections.

Numerous videos have emerged offering evidence of government brutality, most notably the footage of Hamza al-Khatib, the Syrian schoolboy who was tortured to death in police custody and who became a cause célèbre when shots of his battered body were posted on YouTube after it was returned to his parents in May.

Given the power such videos have to fuel anti-government feeling, it is no wonder the government appears determined to crack down on them.

"For a long time the security services have been confiscating footage from people they arrest," said Nadim Houry, a senior researcher for Human Rights Watch based in Beirut.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ces-targeting-mobilephone-videos-2307000.html

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I just finished reading a book for Mustafa Khalifeh. He writes about himself, how he was jailed for 13years for no reason, just because one of his friends back in Paris where he finished his studies informed the regime that Mustafa insulted the regime and the President.

I never had tears reading a book but I sure did reading this one. The way he was tortured and what he passed through is beyond imagination.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,546
    I just finished reading a book for Mustafa Khalifeh. He writes about himself, how he was jailed for 13years for no reason, just because one of his friends back in Paris where he finished his studies informed the regime that Mustafa insulted the regime and the President.

I never had tears reading a book but I sure did reading this one. The way he was tortured and what he passed through is beyond imagination.
    I watched a similar program on tv before around two years. It was about a man in his 70s. His name was Ahmad, not so sure about the family. He described how he was tortured and how his cellmates were killed during torture. Well, the anchor was weeping there, not just crying as it was so painful description.

Dec 26, 2004
    NOTHING justify supporting those criminals, NOTHING... what they have done to Ibrahim Kashwesh is beyond barbarity.

For more than two weeks hundred of thousand of people protested in Hama and not a single person got hurt, they even organized shifts to clean the city and kept everything civilized.

Now that criminals and shabi7a entered Hama you hear the usual BS of the local media of how people of Hama are begging the army to save them from the Islamic gangs, people of Hama are now killed and arrested just because they have protested in a peaceful and civilized manner that no one can deny.

I don't have the nerve to handle this anymore.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    NOTHING justify supporting those criminals, NOTHING... what they have done to Ibrahim Kashwesh is beyond barbarity.

For more than two weeks hundred of thousand of people protested in Hama and not a single person got hurt, they even organized shifts to clean the city and kept everything civilized.

Now that criminals and shabi7a entered Hama you hear the usual BS of the local media of how people of Hama are begging the army to save them from the Islamic gangs, people of Hama are now killed and arrested just because they have protested in a peaceful and civilized manner that no one can deny.

Sorry to hear that man.

A Syrian friend of mine the other day I was chatting to, told me not even God himself knows how many dead bodies are in Hama ATM.

Dec 26, 2004
    Sorry to hear that man.

A Syrian friend of mine the other day I was chatting to, told me not even God himself knows how many dead bodies are in Hama ATM.
    I wish I'm wrong but tomorrow we will witness a mascara in Hama similar to the one in 80s.

The head of el 2amen el 3askri in Hama was removed of his duty after killing 120 in one Friday a month ago, now they have decided to put him back in charge and the death troll is increasing like no one can imagine.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I wish I'm wrong but tomorrow we will witness a mascara in Hama similar to the one in 80s.

The head of el 2amen el 3askri in Hama was removed of his duty after killing 120 in one Friday a month ago, now they have decided to put him back in charge and the death troll is increasing like no one can imagine.
    I can imagine. This is by far the worst regime out of all the Arab ones. By far the most barbaric one.

I hope people's cellphones are ready more than ever tomorrow to record everything.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,553
    I can imagine. This is by far the worst regime out of all the Arab ones. By far the most barbaric one.

I hope people's cellphones are ready more than ever tomorrow to record everything.
    I'm scared that it would be so late to wait for what the people will film there. It is a criminal regime that should be fought using all the possible ways.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,554

I just watched the guy you were talking about. It is really beyond humanity to slaughter a guy and to take his throat off just because he appeared in a youtube clip singing against the criminal regime in his city.

Bastards!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,557
    Reuters: 4 people were killed today. One of them was killed in the middle of the capital.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I admit I was defending him in the past when I was discussing you and Jack. Now, I know he has no ethics and no principles. He is just another politician that make use of others' tragedies.
    Not true but we'll have to simply agree to disagree on this.

You know who killed him. no? His favorite allies.
    My point exactly :D They killed him when he turned them down for the Palestinians.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,560
    Not true but we'll have to simply agree to disagree on this.

My point exactly :D They killed him when he turned them down for the Palestinians.
    Do you think he should keep kissing their asses in order not to be killed regardless of how ethical they are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)