Syrian civil war (21 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ketchup with potatoes?
Nah, he probably killed 1000 children and rape them
Why is it that you always stand in the dictators side? First in Libya and now in Syria as well. The most famous foreign pro Gedaffi group in Facebook was made by Serbs, i don't like to generalize, but it seems to me like you crazy fucks have some kind of strange infatuation with dictators :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #962
    Why is it that you always stand in the dictators side? First in Libya and now in Syria as well. The most famous foreign pro Gedaffi group in Facebook was made by Serbs, i don't like to generalize, but it seems to me like you crazy fucks have some kind of strange infatuation with dictators :D
    It seems the majority of Serbs really believe that those two idiots in Libya and Syria were against USA, and that those revolutions are made by US intelligence. Well, I don't blame them because even some of us Arabs believe this shit.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    It seems the majority of Serbs really believe that those two idiots in Libya and Syria were against USA, and that those revolutions are made by US intelligence. Well, I don't blame them because even some of us Arabs believe this shit.
    Those are the funniest people. Not referring to Serbs, but in general, those who believe that USA standing behind everything.

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
    Yes, we dragging that from communism days.:D
    See ReBeL post below yours.
    Look, US and British intelegence fucked up our country several times. Latest, they took 16% of our land.
    5th October? I was financed by British intelegence. Not that i like Milosevic, but im just saying.
    I just want to warn people, that they dont experience same fate.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    and as for the kid everyone is talking about, I heard it from you, didn't watch it, and I don't want to watch, cause I know how will I feel.. But for fuck sake, what kind of stupid irresponsible parents would take kids to streets, where people are dying??
    Even though I'd do anything to keep my kids the furthest from being in danger, it still DOES NOT make the Syrian government any less responsible for the crimes like that (if true).

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #968
    Syria forces kill 11 civilians in Rastan: activists

(Reuters) - Syrian forces killed at least 11 civilians in Rastan on Thursday, two human rights campaigners said, in the fifth day of a tank-backed siege of the central Syrian town that has seen street protests.

Ammar Qurabi, head of the Syrian Human Rights Organization, and lawyer Razan Zaitouna told Reuters the 11 named civilians were killed by gunfire from snipers and security forces as they stormed neighborhoods in the town of 60,000 people north of the city of Homs and imposed a curfew.

At least 52 civilians have been killed and 200 arrested in Rastan since the military assault began on Sunday, they added.

"These are killings we documented, but the real numbers are definitely more. To those who want retribution I say: this is the age of international justice and the killers will be held accountable," Qurabi said during a conference of the Syrian opposition in Turkey.

"There have been rare instances of people who have seen their parents, wives or children being killed, (people) taking their personal weapons and trying to resist. But they were smothered by the overwhelming and unjustifiable force being used by the authorities," he added.

Qurabi said his Organization had the names of 1,113 civilians killed since the uprising against the 11-year rule of President Bashar al-Assad erupted in Syria's southern Hauran Plain on March 18.

TANKS AND TROOPS

A military crackdown to quell demonstrations has intensified in the last several weeks.

Tanks backed by troops encircled several towns and villages in the central province of Homs this week, including the town of Talbiseh, where a resident said 17 civilians had been killed since Sunday.

The official state news agency said four soldiers were killed by "armed terrorist groups" in Rastan on Wednesday and were buried on Thursday. The agency said several wounded soldier "affirmed that they were fired upon by strange weapons" in Rastan.

"A number of parents expressed their pride in the martyrdom of their sons and affirmed that the convoys of martyrs who watered the soil of the homeland with their blood strengthens the unity of this soil," the agency said.

Activists said there has been numerous cases of secret police shooting soldiers for refusing to fire at protesters or to participate in attacking population centres.

Syrian has barred most international media, making it difficult to verify accounts of the violence.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/02/us-syria-rastan-idUSTRE75131S20110602

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Even though I'd do anything to keep my kids the furthest from being in danger, it still DOES NOT make the Syrian government any less responsible for the crimes like that (if true).
    you think I think different than you Hoori on this?

Btw, It sucks that my posts here making me look like I am supporting Bashar. Well actually I can't blame some of you for doing that, if you read a few lines of my posts (and don't try to understand my main points) and those "forza bashar fuck the haters" jokes, you would easily think I am a supporter.

I am not his supporter, if you read my posts before, you would notice that I said: if a good opposition declares his candidacy, and tells me his plans, and assures me that he would make this country a modern place, like European countries, away from Islamic or religous bullshit, I will be the first one to support them. But you can't expect me to support an opposition that wants only to take this system down, and make this country a chaotic place like Iraq or Libya. This is the whole idea, you think I am not aware of the murders going on every week, I am. But not everyone's way, with letting Jazeera brain wash me, and believe the shits they are selling. You really have no fucking clue for example how people of my city being treated outside of the city, getting beaten and murdered too (for not joining the protests, that's democracy for you).

You guys all think that the situation is very simple here, Bashar goes, and the place becomes a heaven, NOT THAT EASY! You really don't have a clue what variety of people live in this country. Some are educated and good people, and I said many times before that I also met good people who are also religious fanatics (they helped me when I was in trouble), I love them, but we also have people who would love to kill you, just because you think different.

The problem is, none of the sides are looking to build anything good for this country, both sides are acting like kids, Alawites are very strong, you can't simply take them down, if you try to, you will see the real massacres, and not just these, nobody is thinking maturely here (in the country), neither side, everyone is biased and selfish, my prediction? More bloods sadly..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Get over this fear. I don't see any signs of Egypt turning into a religious fanatic country, same goes with Tunisia and other countries.

Things can't get any worse than it is right now.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Its true what snoop says. It would be too difficult for anyone without proper knowledge of domestic Syrian politics to understand the implications of ousting the current regime and installing a new one. Statistical evidence tells us that during transitions from autocracy to democracy (or a different autocracy) counties endure even worse chaos. It is possible to democratize a state peacefully but extremely difficult and unlikely. Expect further blood shed no matter what happens.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Snoop, you make so much sense man i dont get how so few see it your way.
    I am trying to look to the subject as objective as possible, and because you are also not a side, for that it makes sense for you, while if you talk with someone who takes side or biased about the subject, there is no way to make him understand of what you are trying to tell. I don't like Bashar, but I can't pick a black future instead, no one knows who will come instead if he leaves. What if someone worse comes? now they will tell me no one worse can come, he is the worst, and it goes like this..

Get over this fear. I don't see any signs of Egypt turning into a religious fanatic country, same goes with Tunisia and other countries.

Things can't get any worse than it is right now.
    You are still biased Rab, what fear are you talking about? you think I am scared to write my opinions here? :D

As I said many times, you are biased in this subject, you hate the guy for obvious reasons, and there is no way for you to understand what is good or not for Syrians. You only want him dead! It's is pointless to discuss this subject with you, cause you are a side, and a very biased one. You are an anti-Bashar no matter what he does, because of what he and his family did to your country (and I can't blame you there, you have all the rights), there is no point to discuss this with you, but I keep doing it and we don't get anywhere, no single step. So what's the point in arguing this subject with you? Don't get me wrong, I am not attacking you, I like you you know that, but this subject is not discussable for us :D

forget about everything, I will tell you one thing, try to understand that. We had Muslim brotherhood here (we still have them, under different names), and they tried to coupe the system 3 decades ago, that's a potential risk, that they want to control, and this is a possibility, let it be 1% possibility. can you deny that much? probably half of the country (half of women of course) or maybe a few less wear burqas. Burqas, put aside hijabs, I am not talking about them. When people are like this, you can imagine what mentality some have, and even if they are the majority, it doesn't mean the country should be ruled by their laws, like Saudi Arabia for example, or Iran, that people should wear Hijabs or burqas, no matter what ethnicity or religion they belong too. I am sure you would agree with me on this, so wouldn't this terrible idea concern you? Do you call this a "fear"? This is a concern and not fear, if that happens I will leave everything behind and will start from scratch.. That's not cowardliness as you call, that's concern of what you will lose, or where you will move, lots of risks..

On the other hand, show me a leader, that tells me I am being concerned for nothing, and that Syria will be much better than before, then he gets my vote. I need to trust someone, and trust isn't an easy thing, you wouldn't trust anyone unless you know him good, but you are asking me to trust on something that you or I don't even know what it is. Syria compared to Lebanon is heaven in terms of security, be it life, job or consistency. There is no security in Lebanon, all these years everyone's life were at risk, anywhere could get bombed for no reason, anytime Israeli attacks can arrive, any war can start in seconds, every time election happens, new crisis were born, it fucks the country economically and security wise, rich people don't feel these, poor ones suffer, I know a lot of relative and friends of me suffered of all these.. Syria on the other hand were safe all the time, we didn't have any crisis for ages, economically it was stable (unless if there were global crisis), low crime rates etc.. Because everything was being controlled very well by the secret agencies.. If I have to pick between the "freedom" your country offered (while you know better than me that that word doesn't exist in Lebanon, Lebanon is very know of corruption, and on asked about it, even if they did, no one replied or cared) or the dictatorship mine did, I would pick the dictatorship. Because the one in Lebanon has nothing to do with freedom or modernity.. People there should be angrier than here, no one suffered as much as these here..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Any revolution costs blood shed. Nothing is for free.

But people can't keep this regime for a life long and be happy with their lives just because there will be no blood shed. Sacrifices will take place, martyrs will fall down, but at the end of the day you know you've brought down a dictator criminal that doesn't belong in the 21st century and it's time for the Syrian people to decide their own faith and way. Something that sounds logical and civilized to me. One man or one family can't be having the whole nation in his pocket.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    You are still biased Rab, what fear are you talking about? you think I am scared to write my opinions here? :D

As I said many times, you are biased in this subject, you hate the guy for obvious reasons, and there is no way for you to understand what is good or not for Syrians. You only want him dead! It's is pointless to discuss this subject with you, cause you are a side, and a very biased one. You are an anti-Bashar no matter what he does, because of what he and his family did to your country (and I can't blame you there, you have all the rights), there is no point to discuss this with you, but I keep doing it and we don't get anywhere, no single step. So what's the point in arguing this subject with you? Don't get me wrong, I am not attacking you, I like you you know that, but this subject is not discussable for us :D

forget about everything, I will tell you one thing, try to understand that. We had Muslim brotherhood here (we still have them, under different names), and they tried to coupe the system 3 decades ago, that's a potential risk, that they want to control, and this is a possibility, let it be 1% possibility. can you deny that much? probably half of the country (half of women of course) or maybe a few less wear burqas. Burqas, put aside hijabs, I am not talking about them. When people are like this, you can imagine what mentality some have, and even if they are the majority, it doesn't mean the country should be ruled by their laws, like Saudi Arabia for example, or Iran, that people should wear Hijabs or burqas, no matter what ethnicity or religion they belong too. I am sure you would agree with me on this, so wouldn't this terrible idea concern you? Do you call this a "fear"? This is a concern and not fear, if that happens I will leave everything behind and will start from scratch.. That's not cowardliness as you call, that's concern of what you will lose, or where you will move, lots of risks..

On the other hand, show me a leader, that tells me I am being concerned for nothing, and that Syria will be much better than before, then he gets my vote. I need to trust someone, and trust isn't an easy thing, you wouldn't trust anyone unless you know him good, but you are asking me to trust on something that you or I don't even know what it is. Syria compared to Lebanon is heaven in terms of security, be it life, job or consistency. There is no security in Lebanon, all these years everyone's life were at risk, anywhere could get bombed for no reason, anytime Israeli attacks can arrive, any war can start in seconds, every time election happens, new crisis were born, it fucks the country economically and security wise, rich people don't feel these, poor ones suffer, I know a lot of relative and friends of me suffered of all these.. Syria on the other hand were safe all the time, we didn't have any crisis for ages, economically it was stable (unless if there were global crisis), low crime rates etc.. Because everything was being controlled very well by the secret agencies.. If I have to pick between the "freedom" your country offered (while you know better than me that that word doesn't exist in Lebanon, Lebanon is very know of corruption, and on asked about it, even if they did, no one replied or cared) or the dictatorship mine did, I would pick the dictatorship. Because the one in Lebanon has nothing to do with freedom or modernity.. People there should be angrier than here, no one suffered as much as these here..
    Not to write your opinion, scared of the fanatics taking over is what I meant.

Of course I can't discuss the issue as the Syrians themselves. What some of you fail to see is that Bashar is not only a dictator towards his people, he's also a world-wide criminal and that's my biggest issue with him. 80% of the negative things that takes place in Lebanon he's behind it, he's behind a Palestinian party against another, he's influencing the Iraqi's situation badly and many other things. His foreign policy is as dangerous as his internal.

Look, you can worry day and night Snoop, fact is people were worried before you concerning the Egyptian, Libyan and Tunisian situation and I see no fanatics up till now.

Seriously, isn't obvious that it's your regime that is making you having this fear? Do they have other options to protect themselves other than killing their own people and telling them how fanatics religious Sunni people want to overtake the country? It's too obvious.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Its true what snoop says. It would be too difficult for anyone without proper knowledge of domestic Syrian politics to understand the implications of ousting the current regime and installing a new one. Statistical evidence tells us that during transitions from autocracy to democracy (or a different autocracy) counties endure even worse chaos. It is possible to democratize a state peacefully but extremely difficult and unlikely. Expect further blood shed no matter what happens.
    Government under these circumstances were forced for reforms (unfortunately they didn't want those reforms for decades, but they realized now that this is their only survival), they announced it one after other, but people are not communicating with them at all, neither the opposition, they are not earning these victories. The system are in terrible condition, pressure from everywhere, even from one of their biggest allies, Turkey! This is a perfect chance for people to get the changes, to keep the country up! With communications, and not with fight or trying to destroy the system, when you try to destroy them, they will respond in ugly way like they do now.

Syria was a headache for USA and Israel for not accepting of being a puppy, and when USA or others try to get involved in here, some fools unfortunately think that they care about Syrian people's suffering, this is also another perfect chance for them to destroy this little power in here with "legal" actions, and I hate it when people serve their purpose. I am not saying USA or Israel are behind all these demonstrations, but you can't deny that they are opportunists, and will take as much as opportunities as possible.

People gave a strong message to the government, and the government understood it, for that they promised reforms and started some of them, why they are acting stupidly now, and trying to destroy the country, when they won this battle, and ended the fear of decades and could control the system themselves? Either they didn't want reforms, they only wanted to bring this system down, or they are being provoked by the outside media or forces to serve their goals. When you ask everything by the government, and they accept it, but you still demonstrate and want to bring it down, then there is something unfair in this situation..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    you think I think different than you Hoori on this?

Btw, It sucks that my posts here making me look like I am supporting Bashar. Well actually I can't blame some of you for doing that, if you read a few lines of my posts (and don't try to understand my main points) and those "forza bashar fuck the haters" jokes, you would easily think I am a supporter.

I am not his supporter, if you read my posts before, you would notice that I said: if a good opposition declares his candidacy, and tells me his plans, and assures me that he would make this country a modern place, like European countries, away from Islamic or religous bullshit, I will be the first one to support them. But you can't expect me to support an opposition that wants only to take this system down, and make this country a chaotic place like Iraq or Libya. This is the whole idea, you think I am not aware of the murders going on every week, I am. But not everyone's way, with letting Jazeera brain wash me, and believe the shits they are selling. You really have no fucking clue for example how people of my city being treated outside of the city, getting beaten and murdered too (for not joining the protests, that's democracy for you).

You guys all think that the situation is very simple here, Bashar goes, and the place becomes a heaven, NOT THAT EASY! You really don't have a clue what variety of people live in this country. Some are educated and good people, and I said many times before that I also met good people who are also religious fanatics (they helped me when I was in trouble), I love them, but we also have people who would love to kill you, just because you think different.

The problem is, none of the sides are looking to build anything good for this country, both sides are acting like kids, Alawites are very strong, you can't simply take them down, if you try to, you will see the real massacres, and not just these, nobody is thinking maturely here (in the country), neither side, everyone is biased and selfish, my prediction? More bloods sadly..
    I'm sure you haven't seen me taking sides here, I know nothing about Syria and everyone here must know that even in Iran, I'm all for reformations even if the regime has barely left any place for that.

I hate revolutions. Everything seems ideal at first, everything is supposed to become great overnight, every problem is always going to be fixed blah blah. The truth is that it will always leave you with an extremely chaotic place where everyone wants a part of. This is of course my personal opinion but I see absolutely nothing good in revolutions. They are fast and destructive, they leave you no time and place for rebuilding what you have ruined, they are likely to make bigger tyrannies and they most of time result in even bigger disappointments. You can never change for better if you don't move towards it slowly. You can never build anything solid without strengthening the foundation. I will take the least chance I am given to have a say in my future, that's why I will always participate in the elections even if they never count my vote. Being against revolutionary movements doesn't make you a coward, it sometimes takes much more courage to bear up with the bad situations for several years trying to make it better little by little rather than to go to the streets, to feel the pain for a second and to die. I'm with you on this.

But I can never understand you denying what happens in Syria. Even if you believe that it is being exaggerated, you can't tell me that the media can sell their BS so largely like that to the public in the 21st century. I don't understand your stance about this.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Syria isn't Israel's puppy? How about the Joulan? One of their most valuable lands which is occupied by the Israeli's up till now and they never asked for it, not the father neither the son.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I hate revolutions. Everything seems ideal at first, everything is supposed to become great overnight, every problem is always going to be fixed blah blah. The truth is that it will always leave you with an extremely chaotic place where everyone wants a part of. This is of course my personal opinion but I see absolutely nothing good in revolutions. They are fast and destructive, they leave you no time and place for rebuilding what you have ruined, they are likely to make bigger tyrannies and they most of time result in even bigger disappointments. You can never change for better if you don't move towards it slowly. You can never build anything solid without strengthening the foundation. I will take the least chance I am given to have a say in my future, that's why I will always participate in the elections even if they never count my vote. Being against revolutionary movements doesn't make you a coward, it sometimes takes much more courage to bear up with the bad situations for several years trying to make it better little by little rather than to go to the streets, to feel the pain for a second and to die. I'm with you on this.
    Not all the time though. Unless there's no real opposition party like the case now is in Syria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)