Syrian civil war (56 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Too late, isn't it :frown: Read the other day that France has announced that Assad's resignation is no more a prerequisite for peace negotiations. It's been the Syrian government's stance since the beginning, that if Assad has to go for peace talks to initiate, what is left for negotiation at all? It breaks my heart every time i'm reminded how easy this mess was to avoid/control.

- - - Updated - - -

More tax dollars at work.

US-trained Division 30 rebels 'betrayed US and hand weapons over to al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ons-over-to-al-Qaedas-affiliate-in-Syria.html

Great program, fuuckheads!
When Saudi and Turkish backed Al-Ghaeda groups are considered "moderates" :howler: the story of the first trained group is just as funny. Al-nusra was assured that the US trained group is only fighting isis (and not al-nusra), and al-nusra had promised to not mess with them. Yet they attacked the group and kidnapped their members, and rumors were Turkish intelligence officials provided the information for Al-nusra.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Too late, isn't it :frown: Read the other day that France has announced that Assad's resignation is no more a prerequisite for peace negotiations. It's been the Syrian government's stance since the beginning, that if Assad has to go for peace talks to initiate, what is left for negotiation at all? It breaks my heart every time i'm reminded how easy this mess was to avoid/control.
yep, the west and surprisingly erdogan have said that Assad could have a role to play in a future political transition

the crazies must be feeling really triggered right now

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
yep, the west and surprisingly erdogan have said that Assad could have a role to play in a future political transition

the crazies must be feeling really triggered right now
link me articles please where erdogan says so, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Russian khanzirs are returning in bodybags now.
are we spreading isis propaganda again?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The goal posts have shifted, reality on the ground imposes that the international community has to deal with Assad as the lesser of two evils.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,669
    The goal posts have shifted, reality on the ground imposes that the international community has to deal with Assad as the lesser of two evils.
    I do not see how he is the lesser of the two evits when he killed all those thousands just to stay on the chair.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I do not see how he is the lesser of the two evits when he killed all those thousands just to stay on the chair.
    Oh I know he's terrible, and I have said many times that it is such a sad state of affairs when the choice the Syrian people have is between Assad and ISIS. But to be honest, as terrible as Assad is and as horrible as his crimes are, he remains a better option than the chaos and radicalism that ISIS will bring. At the very least Syria under Assad has some kind of semblance to a state, a corrupt and extremely autocratic one, but a state nonetheless. Under ISIS Syria will be nothing but a jungle, while they kill and torture in arguably more inhumane ways than Assad, or at the very least as bad as him. To me the choice between those two is obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how highly is assad valued by the west, he is definitely a mean son of a bitch and greater evil.
    But don't you think they only started leaning towards his side with the entrance of ISIS into the picture? I mean before that they definitely were against him.

Jul 2, 2006
    But don't you think they only started leaning towards his side with the entrance of ISIS into the picture? I mean before that they definitely were against him.
    They put isis into the picture. All of those execution videos and hollywoodesque bullshit. Perception management. They didn't want a Muslim Syria but pressure was also high on them because of assad's atrocities. The time they seemed against him, they were against the Russian influence in Syria, they had no problem with the butcher's himself.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,674
    Oh I know he's terrible, and I have said many times that it is such a sad state of affairs when the choice the Syrian people have is between Assad and ISIS. But to be honest, as terrible as Assad is and as horrible as his crimes are, he remains a better option than the chaos and radicalism that ISIS will bring. At the very least Syria under Assad has some kind of semblance to a state, a corrupt and extremely autocratic one, but a state nonetheless. Under ISIS Syria will be nothing but a jungle, while they kill and torture in arguably more inhumane ways than Assad, or at the very least as bad as him. To me the choice between those two is obvious.
    That is not true really. This family has been killing thousands of Syrians since 1980. If you do not want to admit it, just say that you want to ignore the blood of civilians butchered during these years. But do not say that this was a real state. It was always a state of criminals.

How many people did IS kill so far?

- - - Updated - - -

They were always supporting him because he is the best option for Zionists as his family is protecting their borders since 1973. IS was an excuse they used just infront of the world to justify not caring about civilians killed by his regime.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    That is not true really. This family has been killing thousands of Syrians since 1980. If you do not want to admit it, just say that you want to ignore the blood of civilians butchered during these years. But do not say that this was a real state. It was always a state of criminals.

How many people did IS kill so far?

- - - Updated - - -

They were always supporting him because he is the best option for Zionists as his family is protecting their borders since 1973. IS was an excuse they used just infront of the world to justify not caring about civilians killed by his regime.

For the first part: What the heck Abed? did you suddenly forget my views about Assad? I think the Assad regime is as brutal as Geddaffi's regime if not worse, I believe these autocratic regimes are one of the main reasons for the backward state the region finds itself in, I have nothing good to say about them at all. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you of all people, you've known me and my views for years now.

I do however believe that out of the two evils, the choice is easy. Again, the fact that the choice is between those two, means there is no future. But at the very least, and I say this with a heavy heart, at the very least there was some semblance of a state during Assad's time. Nobody will ever deal with the barbarians that are ISIS, Syria will literally become a jungle.

As for the second part: I've never believed for a minute, his anti Israel rhetoric, because simply he has done very little but talk against Israel. So I don't disagree there, I do disagree about ISIS however. They obviously exist, you can ask the Syrian refugees that I am sure you encounter many of them, whether those fundamentalist radicals exist or if they're just a show.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,677
    For the first part: What the heck Abed? did you suddenly forget my views about Assad? I think the Assad regime is as brutal as Geddaffi's regime if not worse, I believe these autocratic regimes are one of the main reasons for the backward state the region finds itself in, I have nothing good to say about them at all. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you of all people, you've known me and my views for years now.

I do however believe that out of the two evils, the choice is easy. Again, the fact that the choice is between those two, means there is no future. But at the very least, and I say this with a heavy heart, at the very least there was some semblance of a state during Assad's time. Nobody will ever deal with the barbarians that are ISIS, Syria will literally become a jungle.

As for the second part: I've never believed for a minute, his anti Israel rhetoric, because simply he has done very little but talk against Israel. So I don't disagree there, I do disagree about ISIS however. They obviously exist, you can ask the Syrian refugees that I am sure you encounter many of them, whether those fundamentalist radicals exist or if they're just a show.
    I apologize if my post was negatively directed to you, Fred, but it is really annoying to read some people's opinions that Assad crimes are not to be punished just because he is better than one of his enemies. I really do not understand such people whose logic is like that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    They put isis into the picture. All of those execution videos and hollywoodesque bullshit. Perception management. They didn't want a Muslim Syria but pressure was also high on them because of assad's atrocities. The time they seemed against him, they were against the Russian influence in Syria, they had no problem with the butcher's himself.
    When's the last time Syria wasn't Muslim?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)