Syrian civil war (53 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i am simply questioning vin's position here, and funnily enough as i scroll up i see Hoori made the same comment. I unlike most here have no answers, however i think those who were calling for a revolution a year ago should be the last ones to cry about victims, especially if they are not syrian and have nothing to lose.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We had a similar situation in Libya, one in which i lost many friends and relatives. Speaking for myself, i think i can relate very much, and if it wasn't the will of the Syrian people to liberate themselves from their oppressive regime, i wouldn't be speaking for it.

and what do you mean, we should be the last ones to cry about victims? Are you in some way justifying the Syrian regime butchering their people because they asked for freedom and liberties.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't have all the answers, but i think its pretty obvious that the international community has to do something about a mad dictator thats already killed over 8k of his people, most of them unarmed civilians.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
thats not what i commented on, i was referring to people outside syria pushing for syrians to revolt, now the army and the regime as predicted are violently dealing with this. My point is those people initially calling for a revolution, shouldnt cry about the casualties when you ask for a fight you dont lament the hits. I cant comment on syrians because that is their country and they know best whats good for them.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,026
    thats not what i commented on, i was referring to people outside syria pushing for syrians to revolt, now the army and the regime as predicted are violently dealing with this. My point is those people initially calling for a revolution, shouldnt cry about the casualties when you ask for a fight you dont lament the hits. I cant comment on syrians because that is their country and they know best whats good for them.
    Crying about casualties?
    So, people should be slaughtered without saying any word?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    No he meant that people should not have called for a revolution in syria, when they knew very well how much of a criminal regime Bashar's government is. So the people calling for a revolution should not be complaining, as they should have seen it coming.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    That's like saying if a thirsty man asks for water from someone who's a known psycho shouldn't complain about the beating he gets afterwards.

I get that you're talking about the observer in this case and not the people suffering but still...

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,029
    No he meant that people should not have called for a revolution in syria, when they knew very well how much of a criminal regime Bashar's government is. So the people calling for a revolution should not be complaining, as they should have seen it coming.
    People had no other choice. Syrian people deserve a regime that respects them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    A big thumbs up to Khaled Meshal and in general Hamas's stance on the Syrian revolution, unlike Hezbollah, they have a very positive stance on the Syrian revolution despite Syria being one of the few countries that offer Hamas's leaders a safe haven and one of the few regimes that support Hamas with weapons and other stuff. Unlike Hezbollah, Hamas could not stand silently as the Syrian regime butchers its people day in, day out.

Hamas :tup:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,033
    A big thumbs up to Khaled Meshal and in general Hamas's stance on the Syrian revolution, unlike Hezbollah, they have a very positive stance on the Syrian revolution despite Syria being one of the few countries that offer Hamas's leaders a safe haven and one of the few regimes that support Hamas with weapons and other stuff. Unlike Hezbollah, Hamas could not stand silently as the Syrian regime butchers its people day in, day out.

Indeed. They were hesitating, but they chose the people over the criminals in the end.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Their hesitation is understandable, they have few support from the international community, so what little they have is valuable. I would have completely understood had they just stayed quiet and took no sides, but them taking the peoples side and condemning the Syrian regime, shows that they have values and principles, and that deserves a lot of respect :tup:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Hezbollah are starting to realize that the regime wont last and it's about time. I could tell from Nasralla's last two speeches that he's fully aware of that but he just wouldn't let down his dignity and ego.

I don't know how this is helping him and Hezbollah in particular, they're isolating themselves and this is the last thing they need.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Hezbollah are starting to realize that the regime wont last and it's about time. I could tell from Nasralla's last two speeches that he's fully aware of that but he just wouldn't let down his dignity and ego.

I don't know how this is helping him and Hezbollah in particular, they're isolating themselves and this is the last thing they need.
    Thats true. The majority of Arabs were completely with Hezbollah a few years ago, now they lost such popular support after they showed their true colors.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006

Yeah... they are offered a stay in Doha now :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    RAMI¹⁰;3576865 said:
    Yeah... they are offered a stay in Doha now :lol:
    That is much better right now than staying in Damascus, as bad as you might think Qatar is, the worst regimes in the Arab world for the past 3 decades are easily the Libyan and Syrian one. Not defending Qatar at all, as they too aren't anything to write home about.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    That is much better right now than staying in Damascus, as bad as you might think Qatar is, the worst regimes in the Arab world for the past 3 decades are easily the Libyan and Syrian one. Not defending Qatar at all, as they too aren't anything to write home about.
    I know you are not defending Qatar, but the move by Hamas from Damascus to Doha defines the picture of the situation in the middle east nowadays.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Yes it does, it shows that nobody wants to associate with a criminal regime like Assad's one anymore. Because the killing has gone way too far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)