Sydney racist violence spreads (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
A couple of interesting thigns I've found (though I don't vouch for their accuracy of course!)

AF, I lived in Australia for most of my adult life and I don't think Aussies are particularly racist. But our experiences obviously differ.
What the newspaper reports carefully ignore or play down is the fact that gangs of Middle-Eastern youths have been travelling to beaches such as Cronulla for years now, abusing women and telling them to "get dressed" and calling them names such as "Ausssie sluts". The abuse has recently even extended to little girls.Together with organised Lebanese rape gangs-- which the media reported, but for many months ignored the racist component of the crimes--a lot of Aussies have had enough.
http://www.sirhumphreys.com/adolf_fiinkensein/2005/12/the_australian_way#comment-15975

YOUNG Australians are becoming too drugged and too fat to serve their country in the military.
Increasingly unhealthy lifestyles - coupled with the ageing population and competition from private sector jobs - are hindering efforts by the Australian Defence Force to attract enough physically and mentally fit recruits to defend the nation.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17536308^2702,00.html

Okay, so that second one wasn't relevant - but I'm finding it funny! :smile:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
mikhail said:
What national identity? The Australians are descended from British and Irish convicts and Croatian, Italian and a handful of other European and South-east Asian immigrants.

I'll never defend a mob attacking someone on the basis of race, no matter what their motive.
Descendants of convicts some of them may be, and we never tire of telling them that but you can hardly say they don't have a national identity. Australian culture from what little experience I have of it is as unique in style as our own. Every country has a different makeup of nationalities embedded into its past, I was merely pointing out that when this changes substantially, as it has in the UK during my lifetime - its hardly surprising that people begin to get fed up and want to put a stop to the steady steam of immigration that, in their view threatens to destabilise the country/rid them of their identity.

If your second point was aimed at me then re-read my post, I wasn't defending their actions and made it quite clear that there is no excuse for violence.

Aug 1, 2003
Every country would get tired of immigration eventually. But I honestly do not get the 'national identity' part - what national identity? It is immigraiton that created Australia that exists now no?

OP
$hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26

Tensions flare ... police guard four people chased by a mob as violence erupts at North Cronulla on Sunday. Picture: Craig Greenhill

Frenzy ... a group of men bash a man during the rampage. Picture: Adam Ward

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Tom said:
    Descendants of convicts some of them may be, and we never tire of telling them that but you can hardly say they don't have a national identity. Australian culture from what little experience I have of it is as unique in style as our own. Every country has a different makeup of nationalities embedded into its past, I was merely pointing out that when this changes substantially, as it has in the UK during my lifetime - its hardly surprising that people begin to get fed up and want to put a stop to the steady steam of immigration that, in their view threatens to destabilise the country/rid them of their identity.

If your second point was aimed at me then re-read my post, I wasn't defending their actions and made it quite clear that there is no excuse for violence.
    You rightfully say that every nation has its own different makeup of nationalities embedded in its past, I agree.

Then that means that people who wish to end immigration or preserve national identity as it is at this point in time are assuming that cultural evolution of their nation has ceased and that the current situation is the final stop.

Which is fairly arrogant and unjustified imo. In one hundred years' time, the same discussion will still exist and people will refer to our age when they speak of "the different makeup of nationalities embedded in the past of our nation"

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Erik said:
    Is that an Inter jersey he's trying to hide under his white shirt?

Foresnic tests have confirmed: The reasons to this male' Severe beating was that most if not all the Towns populations are split among Ac Milan & Juve. Therefore they are Anti-Inter milan....thus leading to the severe beating of the man hiding the inter Jersey
    Detectives on case: Lt. Erik & Pet Dick: Hambon

:weee:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    hambon78 said:
    Foresnic tests have confirmed: The reasons to this male' Severe beating was that most if not all the Towns populations are split among Ac Milan & Juve. Therefore they are Anti-Inter milan....thus leading to the severe beating of the man hiding the inter Jersey
    Detectives on case: Lt. Erik & Pet Dick: Hambon

:weee:
    :howler: Gorgeous :biggrin:

OP
    $hady0ne

$hady0ne

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200512/s1528593.htm

Commissioner Ken Moroney says an ambulance officer was attacked while transferring an injured person and the crowd turned on a woman because of her race.

"That woman was saved, literally saved by the police officers and those officers deserve my highest commendation for the way in which they went about their task," he said.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    $hady0ne said:

Tensions flare ... police guard four people chased by a mob as violence erupts at North Cronulla on Sunday. Picture: Craig Greenhill

Frenzy ... a group of men bash a man during the rampage. Picture: Adam Ward

These ppl are Fvcked up!

Mar 6, 2005
    Zé Tahir said:
    offtopic, but is there a differense between Aussies and New Zealanders? Between both the natives and the new comers.
    If you ever wanted to get your ass kicked in either New Zealand or Australia, then that's the question you should ask... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)