Surprised This Hasn't Been Mentioned Yet (1 Viewer)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #101
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    maybe his positioning and anticipation are so good that he makes difficult saves look easy and he also has saved our bacon a lot of times this season
    just one thing i don't agree on here...

if it's really down to his positioning then why has he been caught out by shots that both you and i have seen supposedly inferior keepers save?apparently this good positioning does not make up for pure athleticism and agility.and surely the best keeper in the world must have both?

another thing-buffon doesn't throw himself at shots with devil-may-care that cassillas,toldo and most notably keller and friedel do.imo if buffon had to leap and smash his face on the post(not literally) to save a shot he'd rather just fall short while others would have just did it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

just one thing i don't agree on here...

if it's really down to his positioning then why has he been caught out by shots that both you and i have seen supposedly inferior keepers save?apparently this good positioning does not make up for pure athleticism and agility.and surely the best keeper in the world must have both?

another thing-buffon doesn't throw himself at shots with devil-may-care that cassillas,toldo and most notably keller and friedel do.imo if buffon had to leap and smash his face on the post(not literally) to save a shot he'd rather just fall short while others would have just did it.
    Are you talking about this season or last or both? In the Champions League last year he saved our asses many of times. We would not have gotten to the final without some of those saves he made last year, like in Barcelona with only 10 men. If only Buffon came off the line as much as Dida did in the final.......

wong ka yan

Mar 16, 2004
    Buffon is one of the best goalkepper in the world ~~
    i dont think Cudicini , Kahn etc is better than he ~
    it is just only the performance of juve is below the standand , not his problem.........i can sure he is Italian NO1~!!!!!!!:kiss:
    in fact ,in juve , only Miccoli and Camo perform well :down:

cywjuve

Apr 23, 2004
    i think the defence is to be blamed. don't expect buffon to do it all alone down below. he is good but still not god. a good gk does need a well organized defence to put up a good performance.
    maybe he isn't the best now but he was once the best and for the moment he doesn't deserve such critics, yet. egytian-juventino is right, he is only 26 and is still the future of us.

u know what i mean if u watched the match roma-juve(4-0).

Aug 1, 2003
    He doesn't make THAT much of mistakes Desmond. Goalies like I said are humans and they do make mistakes but the way I see it you only concentrate on his bad side rather than take up notes on his good ones.

No keeper is perfect and their talents are different. Some goalies might have what you say pure athleticism and agility, other keepers might not have that but have better reflexes and positioning.. what differenciates good goalies from bad ones are how they make use of their talents and how to stabilize their talents and their weaker sides, which for me is exactly what Gigi has done.

his talents saved our asses, his weakness has caused some unforgivable goals but fact remains that things could have been worse had he not try to neutralize his weakness which he obviously has because Buffon contributes so much and has done more good than harm.

May 17, 2003
    I just can't believe this. JUST BECOZ OF ONE LOUZZY SEASON(even though we'll finish 2nd or 3rd, plus a chance for the Italian Cup) AND A HUGE PROBLEMIS MADE OUT OF NOTHING. C'mon people, it seems like we are panicking here.. Just becoz this season didn't go perfect, we are paniking. Well, WE SHOULDN'T. Thanks to this thread, now we have plans on changeing the whole bloody team, from the keeper to the forwards to the coach. WAKE UP PEOPLE, just one slightly wrong season, DOESN'T MEAN we have to panick and plan on having a change in every position. GOD, JUST REALIZE WAT YOU GUISSE ARE GETTING UP TO HERE. SLAP YOUR SELF VERY VERY HARD IN THE FACE AND WAKE UP. There is absolutely no need in changing the keeper, and no need to change the whole bloody team. Some changes, yes, but the keeper???? Nonsense..
    Oh yeah, Buffon IS better than Kahn.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #110
    one lousy season?i started a similar thread last season as well,and his first season was even worse.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I can understand you making a thread this season, and his first season too, but last season? For what? He was brilliant last season. He was voted keeper of the year and MVP of the CL.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    So now some blame for Gigi. Tell me though, who has had a great season for us?
    You gotta admit though, Gigi deserves some blame right about now. Everyone always rushes to his defence saying that it's not his fault, it's Legrottaglie's, it's Montero's, it's Iuliano's. I know that the defence has been terrible and at times Buffon has been left with no chance at all, but as witnessed today against Lecce, Gigi hasn't been the same player he was last season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The WHOLE damn team deserves blame now; Moggi, Lippi, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Tacchinardi, Appiah, Camo, Ferrara, Thuram, Montero, Zambrotta, Tudor, Iuliano, Pessotto, Legro, Buffon...even Chimenti! No one has played up to par this season, but the thing about Buffon is that he has played well in the past, and still relatively young, its not like he is Montero or Ferrara and his playing days are over. It would be a ridiculous idea to find a replacement for Buffon.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Funny that you left out Maresca in that extensive list Becchi :D
    Maresca's share of blame goes all to Lippi.:D

Update to list: Miccoli, Di Vaio, Conte, Birindelli, and even the Norweigen Assistant Coach (always forget his name).

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Maresca's share of blame goes all to Lippi.:D

Update to list: Miccoli, Di Vaio, Conte, Birindelli, and even the Norweigen Assistant Coach (always forget his name).
    i thought he was Danish :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)