Surprised This Hasn't Been Mentioned Yet (2 Viewers)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
buffon is the first goalkeeper right now.

desmond,i agree a goal from parma was his mistake( idon't remember if first or second) but whicg GK DOES NOT make any mistakes...????

do you know someone?
cause i don't.

then when you have a whole defence which sucks then sorry,but i am afraid that even having buffon,he can't save the whole team no matter what.

and also,he saved juve's ass many times.

this season kight not be his BEST but replace him??

we must be at least crazy

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i think he's a great keeeper but he performs bad. he has no leadership and cannot lift the team up when theyre down. i mean even in terrible games players like pavel nedved or edgar davids used to play consistently.

is it unreasonable to expect the same from a player we payed that much for?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I have seen very good performanves form him lately.

Come on..Buffon is a hell of a player...leadership?? he is not thecaptain.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Josh,last match Iuliano was the capitano,tht means he has leadership ?? :LOL: :D

Buffon is gr8 and still small in age (26).

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Nope, working fine
if that's not it, you might want to consider putting down your M-16 while typing.... The clip is pressing on the keyboard forming words that make little sense.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The fact that he is 26 and still has yet to reach his physical prime , it would be crazy to sell him.

that being siad, he has underperformed, but who hasn't?

Or maybe, the better question might be, did everyone OVERperform last year?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
He's made some mistakes and has some weaknesses, but if you don't feel secure with Buffon between your team's sticks, that's just being spoilt.

Buffon is one of the few players I would be extremely reluctant to sell, with Zambrotta being the only name that comes instantly to mind.

Considering he's 26, and the fact that a lot of good keepers play into their mid-late thirties, if we sold him we'd be the laughingstock of Europe. When we sold Zidane, people said that 1) we got a load of cash, especially considering his age 2) Zidane wasn't a superstar for us in the first place.

IMO if we sold Buffon, we'd look like idiots.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
The fact that he is 26 and still has yet to reach his physical prime , it would be crazy to sell him.

that being siad, he has underperformed, but who hasn't?

Or maybe, the better question might be, did everyone OVERperform last year?
excellant question...I think it's a combination of both. Last season we were really lucky to get past Depor and Barca. Beating Real Madrid doesn't seem so amazing now that Monaco has done it too.

This season, all the good seemed to dissappear at the end of November. We played quiet well vs. Milan at the San Siro too. It is safe to say that we were unlucky this season, specially that the injuries all happened during the most crucial period (Lazio, 2xDepor, Milan games).

Looking at last season's roster and this seaon's, one couldn't imagine that juve'd end up like this.

The only person whom i sensed overperformed is Nedved. After last season, I couldn't imagine that he'd get better.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
Josh,last match Iuliano was the capitano,tht means he has leadership ?? :LOL: :D

Buffon is gr8 and still small in age (26).
nowadays the armband means very little. rarely is it given to non-italians. how many times was nedved captain for us?

does that mean he is a worse captain than iuliano?

i never said sell him, i just said that we were ripped off when we bought him.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
selling buffon?

c'mon, are you crazy?
he is still the best gk in the world...

and he has signed a new juve deal so he won't be sold right now ;)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
selling buffon?

c'mon, are you crazy?
he is still the best gk in the world...

and he has signed a new juve deal so he won't be sold right now ;)
What do u use to judge he is the best in the World?? :confused:
This season's performances by him is far from the best..... (please leave the defense out of it) :down:

DelSing

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
i think he's a great keeeper but he performs bad.
So after playing the whole season infront of a god damn crappy defence do u think he can still be at his best, we conceded like 5-6 offside break away to the other team each game. I need to ask the guy who start the thread has he played goalie before??? if not he should not be be saying anyting. If u have a STEADY defense infront of u, is hell lot easier for u to make decision and CONCETRAteD. When u have a damn defense like US THIS SEASON where the damn defender r so awuful that they r so inconsisnet each match (positioning, and decision making)that they can't even predict themself. How cna the goalie predict what his D will do.

Example
Mr. Never came back thuram -- the goalie expect the D to clear the ball far out after a terrible give away, but he heads it to a roma player infront of him and results SCORES!!!! and his slow pace getting back on Defense after going up in attack needs to be blame

Mr. Santa Montero(break away giver), how many times he let a player go pass him in each match??? no need to mention which games haha and again horrible give away

Mr. Confident Lego -- his bad position always let the fw sneaks in and again and again horrible give away.

sure this is not a good season for Buffon but so what we all know is not his fault and this would be an excellent experience for the YOUNG keeper. He still got 6-7 yrs or more playing. U LEARN FROM MISTAKE. So after a bad season for the club and u sell ur best kepper in the league and problaly in the world , then i can only say "how idiot r u guys. "

So i heard so many ppl r say Frey is lot better than buffon and that is totally BULL SHIT, he is the most consisently inconsisent goalie in the world. If he is so damn good why didn't he get call up by France?? in my memory he got no caps under his belt. And have Parma won against big team this years?? Frey just horrible when playing in an important game. I guess u all Frey fans don't know how Parma got kick out in the UEAF cup this season. and i wonder who is playing infront of Frey. lets give them montero and we get ferreri and see what will happen. That just says it all.

So whats the point of getting a goalie when he can't win us a big game. Example -- INter goal thrash all the shity team last season but so what , once they r playing the top teams, they can't even tie. That won't win u any championship.

Classic Example of Good Keeper that can't win in big matches
-- frey, howard, cudicini ( look at the arsenal Games for his last minute stuipd mistake, and there r 2-3 more that cost chelsea the W) , sereni <--(how many times he voted the worst keeper in the wk)and pppl says we can use him as starter , thats a laugh)

And by the way , any ppl remember who is "Van der Sar" haha he was not a bad kepper, if u compare him to ....... but did he win us any champiomship ??? SORRY NOPE!! BECAUSE he make costly mistake at costly time.. Anyone still remmber that r.baggio goal. That cost us the scudetto. and that wasn't the only one.

my point here is "In order to win cups and championship we need a keeper that can win us a big games and dont ' do any costly mistake" and there r not that many out there. and thats why buffon is recongnize as one of the best in the world.

other keeper that is as good as buffon
- Didar
- pagliuca <-- why r Bologna r call the giant killer
- toldo - matches against valencia (last yr CL) and last european champ says it all and lot of others
- canizares - an excellent keeper and aging is a big factor

++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
cannot lift the team up when theyre down.
Who give us a chance to win the game against real madrid, deportivo last year in CL??? Who help us beat milan in turin last yr?? we help us win against Bologna/ udinese(forgot) when we r 1-0 down and end up winning 3-1 with 3 goals in last 10 min. U need to watch those games again.

The whole team is having problem this yr, no just the keeper. Foward can't score at open net, mid can't make passes and control the ball, the D just awful.

DelSing

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++

..... (please leave the defense out of it) :down:
from ur statement here i can see u dont' know how to be a keeper and judge a keeper. U have no idea how important it is for a goalie to know what their defender will do in situations. This let the keeper be in another position that is the best for the situation, this will allow the keeper only care about part of the net and not the whole net. Defender and Goalie cooperate inorder to narrow down the area of the net the opp fw that can aim for.

Example -- in certain stituation good marking will only allow the fw to takes shoots through the defenders legs (no others place)and the keeper need to concentrate mostly about that part, where if u talk about our defense this yr, this kind of marking will not happen and the fw can aim at the whole net.

so when u talk about how bad the goalies is and u leave out the defense that just totally not accetable.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We'll wait and see...
He is a great keeper, its just that he's underperformed this season, that is all :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You can say what you want but Buffon was and still is the best Keeper in the world!

I personally think that he is couple of levels ahead of the other keepers the best keeper I have ever seen!

and about him making mistakes who doesn`t??? Is there a player or a keeper who performs great all the time???
that`s not like he is Van Der sar or something!!!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I agree he is a good keeper...I'm just saying that the point is he isn't playing like the best keeper in the World...that is all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)