Surprise!!!!!!! 2-2 (8 Viewers)

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

The problem is I do believe Italy sucked. Everyone could see Italy sucked with exception of the game against Sweden of course. But that isn't the point, the point is Denmark and Sweden did mess up the result. Nonetheless, Italy sucked. But don't you think it's a disgusting thought you're just watching a directed show?

Italy-Denmark and Sweden-Italy was also directed or what?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
But don't you think it's a disgusting thought you're just watching a directed show?
Don't you think it's disgusting that you have to be at an online messageboard spewing out conspiracy theories to lessen the performance of two teams that played better than your own, just to make you feel better because your team wasn't able to perform?

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #123
    Hey, it's fine you guys want to believe what you see. And for the last time I DO BELIEVE ITALY WAS THE WORST TEAM OF THE THREE. But they weren't knocked out because they were the worst. And Sweden and Denmark played good games, but not this one.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Its Italy's fault because they SHOULD NOT had gotten themselves into this situation.

But I do know lots of people who love to see the Italian NT fail. Just like me and Brazil, I enjoy when they lose

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #125
    Yes, it is their fault. But still they weren't knocked out because of that, they were knocked out because of a fixed game. Considering how Italy played I'm actually ok with the fact they're back in Rome soon, it's not like in 2002 when they were going to win the cup.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Hey, it's fine you guys want to believe what you see. And for the last time I DO BELIEVE ITALY WAS THE WORST TEAM OF THE THREE. But they weren't knocked out because they were the worst. And Sweden and Denmark played good games, but not this one.
    Personally I fail to understand why you are parading a theory which you have no evidence whatsoever! It's tragic that some azzurri fans would rather rationalise their teams dire efforts by scandalising an open & exciting game by Denmark & Sweden.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #129
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

Personally I fail to understand why you are parading a theory which you have no evidence whatsoever! It's tragic that some azzurri fans would rather rationalise their teams dire efforts by scandalising an open & exciting game by Denmark & Sweden.
    Uhhh...of course they were playing an open game, four goals had to be scored!!!

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #130
    So everyone believes Sorensen genuinely tried to save Wilhelmsson's cross?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #132
    No, he wasn't. He could either slam it away either not touch it at all or just get a hold of it. I saw the re-run a couple of times and it was a very easy ball to catch.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Yes, but I'll agree it was poor keeping, should have punched it perhaps. But Sørensen can be pretty clumsy at times, anyone remember the England game?

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm just going to say again, I don't think Sweden-Denmark was fixed. I would like to know how many people who are sure it was fixed actually saw the game live like I did. That really is the only way you can get a good judgement about it. If you think the match was fixed and you watch it later, you are going to see things to make you think it was, no matter what the truth is.

Please if it is fixed, where is evidence? I don't mean the Danish keeper dropping the ball either. Does anyone actually have any evidence? Until I see some proof, I won't believe it. The same goes for the WC 2002 conspiracy.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #135
    Perhaps, but you have to admit it's all very coincidental. He had 3 options and instead he performed some abismal save. And you have to admit it was a strange goal.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    EVERY, and I mean EVERY goal in football is scored because of a misstake. If there werent any misstakes, if everyone did everything perfectly no goals would be scored ever.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    If this is your reason then surely Van Der Sar is the greatest match fixer of all time.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #138
    Euhm..could anyone tell me how to make an avatar? They're scored because of misstakes but not because of intentional mistakes, not every goal is being scored because of an enormous screw up.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #139
    So you think Sorensen sucks and I think he fixed the game...uhmmm doesn't look good for Sorensen.

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

So because the ref in the Italy match was bad and the Bulgarians dived a lot (wich they did constantly in the other two matches they played also) the Sweden - Denmark game was fixed? :rolleyes:
    Before I go into anything I hope you will understand that I do not blame all these for Italy's exit, I believe it was the Italians' own fault they did not go through.

The Bulgarians had nothing to do with it, I was just irritated they were playing Nedved throughout the whole match.

Torkel it just seemed somehow odd to me - how at the last minutes Denmark played dumb etc, and I am not alone in recognizing this peculiar thing. I do not know if it is fixed or not, it was my mistake to say it was, what I should've said was it SEEMED like it, but we'll never know. And although I respect your saying that it wasn't fixed, but truthfully there is still the probability of it being fixed... it's a 50/50 situation. But this match should mean nothing, like I said, it was Italians who lost their chance, no one did it for them but themselves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)