[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 4-0 Lazio (August 18th, 2013) (7 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Tevez

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #88
    Hopefully they cry a lot, like Napoli last year.

Lotito in silenzio stampa, which is to everyone's benefit.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Apparently 47,000 tickets sold so far. 20,000 to Juventini :theflag:

This is going to be tough, we usually have tough games against Lazio, even though we do have a pretty good win/loss record with them in recent years. Lets get our first official title of the season.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Has Lazio gotten much better then last season or is it around the same?
    Strongest team is much the same.

They probably have a little more depth than last season.

...hopefully Tevez has a good game as he could be crucial with one of his special moments.
    Be interesting to see how he does in this one, because playing against Lazio is just about as tough as it gets in Italy just now for someone looking to find space between midfield and defence.

There will need to be good movement from others around him to drag Lazio out of shape and open up the space for him or he may have to drift wider to find the space to influence the game.

Can expect the Lazio team to be something like:

Marchetti

Konko-Biava-Cana-Radu

Biglia-Ledesma

Candreva-Hernanes-Lulic

Klose​

Think this game is likely to come down to who comes out on top between Lazio's wingers and Juve's wingbacks.

The pace and movement of Candreva and Lulic will be awkward for Juve to deal with and could well lead to there being issues for Juve of struggling to find the balance between playing a back three - and being left exposed three-on-three - and playing a back five - with the wingbacks being pinned back and Juve being left with little or no width higher up the pitch.

Be interesting to see who is braver between Petkovic and Conte. Will either of them be bold enough to ask his wide players go beyond his opponent and risk being caught out of position or will they play safe? Or will they pick one side to be aggressive on and look to keep one side of the pitch closed down?

Juve need to be careful not to let Lazio get Klose one-on-one against the middle centre-back. Juve's wider centre-backs played too wide or too high against Inter and made it too easy for them to isolate Palacio against Bonucci.

I'm not going to pick what my Juve team would be because I don't know enough about what condition the players are in just now - and there is every chance that the team in the better physical condition will win this game.

Meant to be a pretty decent crowd for this one. Was looking like being 50,000+ last I heard.
    One thing I would be doing if I was Juve is playing one forward very high up as a CF and have the other playing behind, rather than having them play side by side.

You need to get a forward making probing movements and threatening to move behind the Lazio defence to open up space between defence and midfield.

If you just have twin forwards, both playing with their back to goal, it'll be relatively easy for Lazio to stay tight to them, squeeze up the pitch and stay really compact.

Also, if you play one striker behind the other, you might be able to drag Ledesma back into having to mark the deeper forward, which would make life easier for Juve's midfield.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Good morning Tuzimites.

Buffon
    Lichtensteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
    Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
    Tevez-Llorente-Vucinic​

Let's just start this season with a trophy please. :coffee:

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    It will be a close game. I expect a fast past opening that will slow down, hopefully our players aren't too fatigued.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    good, at least no travel-fatigue for our international players, right?
    Don't tell me they will go back to Turin and then back to Rome again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)