[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (7 Viewers)

Squall

Nov 3, 2007
Can't expect much when you field your starting 11 only at the 70th minute.
Benatia is horrible, 4th choice imo.

It sucks tho, this is heart breaking, but hopefully it will build character.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man... last year I was happy with our mercato. Two years ago I was also happy. Over the past 3-4 seasons I didn't give a shit about friendlies and Super Coppa. However, over the past three years I was confident we're gonna do great and I thought it was insulting if anybody thought we'd struggle to win Serie A. I was also confident we'd do great in Europe, although reaching 2 finals in 3 years did surprise me.

But now? No. Just no. I have a really bad feeling about this team. I didn't like our mercato. I still think De Sciglio is a backup at best while D.Costa will be very frustrating to watch as he's hit & run. He's a better version of Krasic and Pepe.

Our team looks incomplete and very unbalanced. It's missing many puzzles. Our defense is really bad while we're gonna be total shit in case Marchisio doesn't return to his old, old form. I honestly think we're in a very bad spot at the moment. And before some morons quote me saying how I'm judging after one match, please, no. Just... no. It won't shock me one bit if we fail to win Serie A as we're very fragile and Matuidi surely won't fix that.

I hope they prove me wrong but I don't think they will. This will be one frustrating and annoying season to watch IMO.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As long as we sell stars and replace them with nothing or with scrub like De Sciglio, we will never make that leap in quality. I don't understand how management and Allegri expect him to miraculously become somewhat an adequate replacement for D. Alves. The summer has been frustrating as hell, and this game shows why.
Indeed its unfuriating to see De Sciglio in Juve shirt, its doubly insane that he is not just added to squad as depth but he is litterally the replacement for the most unique and and most legendary RB of past decade.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
So we went out this season to fix our midfield but instead we broke our defense.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
It's basically just us and Barca out of the top 15 or so clubs in Europe that just keep on goofing in the transfer market. Only difference is, Barca managed to get some CL trophies behind them before their period of domination faded away due to bad decisions. We peaked at 2 embarrassing final losses.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
And who would that starter be? Cancello? he's $#@! at defending apparently.
Anyone I don't care.
Wydmer
Lirola

literally anyone is better than De Sciglio 12m. I can't stand how milan robbed us of Bonucci for a low fee and scammed us over De Sciglio like that.
Incredible. Literally madness by Marotta.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How would you fix that right flank?
They'll find a way, like they found with everything else in the last 5-6 years. It might remain our weakest spot, but I don't expect it to be this terrible. Allegri is obviously seeing the problem there. He didn't trust the right backs (even a veteran like Licht) and played Barzagli, just to see that it's just as bad, or even worse. I don't expect us to leave it as it is, even if it means admitting the mistake with De Sciglio and going after a new RB.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the defensive fix is a new CM/DM. that is what the bonucci sale was all about. if we do not play with 3 at the back we just shift that bonucci position a few metres towards the opponents goal. instead of having bonucci on the same line with the other centre backs and play balls from there we need a similar player just in front of the defense, but we do not have that. the sale of bonucci was ok in the sense that he could probably not have played there for us because it needs different skills. first of all a very good eye for passing lanes and a non stop runner. we do not have that and pjanic is not good enough defensively for that. khedira turns like a tank and from the work rate the only one we could use there would be sturaro, but he is too much of a headless chicken unfortunately.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'd agree 100% with you as I usually do but I'd be lying if I said I'm not terrified about how leaky our right flank and defense is right now. I don't think we realize yet how good Bonucci and Alves were.
Alves played like 3 games as a right back. He killed it against Barca but the rest he played as a winger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)