[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (18 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What? Why did you open Cagliari thread when we have a friendly first? I would have opened Cagliari thread after the friendly anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

@Zacheryah Nice counter-jinx with your avatar. :D Well deserved number for Dybala. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, why is :allegri: forcing Pjanić-Khedira duo? I mean, Marchisio is so much better than Khedira. Pjanić is fine. There is also Bentancur. Nice that we got rid of some deadwood like Rincon and Lemina but Sturaro should have been sold also.
Marc, both Conte and Allegri always started with the team from last season, never with new signings, except when there was a gaping hole.
Its a way to tell the new signings they gotto earn their place.

Khedira and Cuadrado will rather soon by replaced by Douglas Costa and Marchisio

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
We went from having an overload of cm's and cb's and a lack of attackers, to the complete opposite now.

Khedira, Marchisio and Pjanic is a not a UCL quality midfield.
How exactly has our misfield regressed compared to last season? Because we sold Rincon and Lemina? If Marchisio is healthy and Bentancur turns out ok we should be netter than last year. I'm more worried about the defense.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, we did, and got comprehensively defeated, completely annihilated, a fact some of you so pertinently choose to ignore. Did we end up winning the trophy? No, we fucking didn't. Please stop listing the final as some sort of accomplishment or achievement. We got humiliated, and were 2nd best, yet again. I'm not going to fucking celebrate that.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,206
    Yes, we did, and got comprehensively defeated, completely annihilated, a fact some of you so pertinently choose to ignore. Did we end up winning the trophy? No, we $#@!ing didn't. Please stop listing the final as some sort of accomplishment or achievement. We got humiliated, and were 2nd best, yet again. I'm not going to $#@!ing celebrate that.
    Holy sh!t! Someone with football knowledge. :shocked:

- - - Updated - - -

Holy sh!t! Someone with football knowledge. :shocked:
    I'd rather we get knocked out in group stages than reaching the finals year after year and losing them.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,208
    And no middle ground to be found.
    Think about it. We lost a CL final to the same Barca team we beat so easily in QF last season. We lost a CL final to Real Madrid, the same team we knocked out in SF 2014/15 season. Something stinks in CL finals. :think:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Our opponents in the knockout stages, aside from Monaco, had slow/static midfields. Barca are a shadow of their former self, Monaco lacked experience, and the Porto tie might have been closer had we not benefited from a sending off in each leg. We were brave and adventurous, but also quite fortunate not to encounter any teams that could expose and capitalize on our weaknesses. I'm quite certain had we met Bayern or ATM over two legs, we would've been eliminated.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,210
    If we met Monaco in the freakin' CL final, we would have managed to lose it.

- - - Updated - - -

Our opponents in the knockout stages, aside from Monaco, had slow/static midfields. Barca are a shadow of their former self, Monaco lacked experience, and the Porto tie might have been closer had we not benefited from a sending off in each leg. We were brave and adventurous, but also quite fortunate not to encounter any teams that could expose and capitalize on our weaknesses. I'm quite certain had we met Bayern or ATM over two legs, we would've been eliminated.
    :tup:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    If we met Monaco in the freakin' CL final, we would have managed to lose it.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
    They missed 50 chances over the 2 legs anyway. A bit more luck and they would've knocked us out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet we made the final of a CL with those midfielders he listed.
    Yep and those midfielders really showed up on the big stage.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,219

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)