[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 2-3 Lazio [13th August, 2017] (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The bad form could last longer than this Supercoppa match. Two changes in the defense, where we hardly changed anything for 6 seasons. That will take some time to fix. In 2015 it lasted for like half a season when we reshaped the midfield.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I wouldn't pin this to Benatia. I don't think it has anything to do with him. We're just generally a pile of garbage that can't focus on any area of the pitch without falling apart.
Did the penalty not come from a through ball straight down his side of defense? He also caused a couple of other dangerous situations by being all over the place.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Maybe but we know how Allegri operates and he's not the only one. He sees the players in training and nobody should be picked just because they are new. For this game going with the tried and trusted is the more obvious choice at this point.

Actually we might even be worse with 2-3 players who don't know our system playing in this match. This XI are first team players from last season and look like they just met up to have a kickabout.

Khedira when he's not in good form or shape - whatever the issue might be - turns into something of a liability. Cuadrado take it or leave it, he's either fantastic or absolute gash, he'll never be different.
Marchisio shouldve started and at least one of the new wingers IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wonder if kehdira should be the one dropping deep, and pjanic further up to link up the attack...atm pjanic gets the ball near our penalty box and has no options to pass nor has he the ability to drive forward with the ball
Khedira should just retire.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
its not a physical thing, its similar tactics to RM, pushing midfield higher up and flooding the side of the pitch where the ball is...we need to bypass this with balls over the top and runners in behind their defence to ultimately push them back a bit

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I really don't understand how many of you think that Marchisio, or any other players for that matter, can turn this game by himself and you fail to see that we suffer from tactical issues...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I really don't understand how many of you think that Marchisio, or any other players for that matter, can turn this game by himself and you fail to see that we suffer from tactical issues...
You have issues understanding then.

- - - Updated - - -

Fking bring on Costa, Berna and Marchisio.

Cuadrado, Khedira and Mandzu out.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The bad form could last longer than this Supercoppa match. Two changes in the defense, where we hardly changed anything for 6 seasons. That will take some time to fix. In 2015 it lasted for like half a season when we reshaped the midfield.
That really worries me most of all, all the poor defending is entirely because of our inability to keep possession/start build up from the back. They make side ways passes to ifinity until they pass a midfielder who is in pressure, or LBs who pass them back. All these rushed possession results into jittery loss of ball with basic physical pressure, and et voila you have nonstop counters that make top defenders look like school children.

I dont want to go there, but I see so many instances where they keep passing between eachother until its lost, while Bonucci would simply make a low or high direct/long pass that completely bypasses the opponents first wave of pressure on midfield, finds Dybala/overlapping runs wide or even Higauin high up. It was such a relieve off pressure for whole team to have that extra dimension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)