Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (286 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It makes no sense to give Pogba that money when we're hesitating in doing the same with Dybala - fuck management in that case.

Also, Dybala and Pogba have a telepathic understanding, both on and off the pitch. It would make sense to keep Dybala and Morata, as a quartet of Morata, Dybala, Cuads and Pogba supporting Chiesa and Vlahovic is an awesome unit. They will get along well and having team chemistry and an understanding with one another both on and off the pitch would be great for us.

I know Allegri wants an experienced player in midfield, and I'd rather Pogba than Fagjinho. SMS is the obvious dream, but he might be beyond our reach.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Really not keen on reuniting with Pogba, no way will the financials benefit us, we lack so much depth in this squad with the money used on an injury prone semi retired Pogba we could buy two players that would offer more.

Id prefer us to sign players with points to prove rather than those that think they’ve already proved it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It makes no sense to give Pogba that money when we're hesitating in doing the same with Dybala - fuck management in that case.

Also, Dybala and Pogba have a telepathic understanding, both on and off the pitch. It would make sense to keep Dybala and Morata, as a quartet of Morata, Dybala, Cuads and Pogba supporting Chiesa and Vlahovic is an awesome unit. They will get along well and having team chemistry and an understanding with one another both on and off the pitch would be great for us.

I know Allegri wants an experienced player in midfield, and I'd rather Pogba than Fagjinho. SMS is the obvious dream, but he might be beyond our reach.
For me Pogba makes sense in a 3 man midfield. Dybala only makes sense in a 2 man frontline, otherwise he forces all these hybrid formations with CMs as wingers. Which leaves us with what, 352 and Chiesa as a wingback? And both Pogbas and Dybs wages are expected to be crazy, so it's likely we can only afford one of them (with Pogba having the tax benefit). So telepathic understanding or not, I don't think it's likely both are here next summer.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

You need to stop living in the past old man. This is not 2015. The only place where Pogba and Dybala will have a 'telepathic understanding' is on Instagram. You are free to stalk their profiles and enjoy their 'telepathic understanding' on social media.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For me Pogba makes sense in a 3 man midfield. Dybala only makes sense in a 2 man frontline, otherwise he forces all these hybrid formations with CMs as wingers. Which leaves us with what, 352 and Chiesa as a wingback? And both Pogbas and Dybs wages are expected to be crazy, so it's likely we can only afford one of them (with Pogba having the tax benefit). So telepathic understanding or not, I don't think it's likely both are here next summer.
Well, fuck you very much :heart: :b81:

- - - Updated - - -

You need to stop living in the past old man. This is not 2015. The only place where Pogba and Dybala will have a 'telepathic understanding' is on Instagram. You are free to stalk their profiles and enjoy their 'telepathic understanding' on social media.
Fuck you too :baus: :D

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Really not keen on reuniting with Pogba, no way will the financials benefit us, we lack so much depth in this squad with the money used on an injury prone semi retired Pogba we could buy two players that would offer more.

Id prefer us to sign players with points to prove rather than those that think they’ve already proved it.
Not going to argue anyone's preferences, some people want him, some don't, but the part about finances - let's say we give Pogba 13m gross which would be about the same net if not more than he has at Utd and let's say we give Mino 20m commission which is on the very high end IMO - that is a 33m investment this summer - who are the two players we could sign for 33m that would be better than Pogba?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Doubt De Gea earns €20M net.

- - - Updated - - -

Those salaries look like they are gross salaries
Don't think so. They're not even that high. De Gea got his upgrade when fighting with Real interest. Calcio e finanza always report net as far as I know. And it looks ridiculously low for a lot of the other players if gross....

So is it 13mln euros or 18mln euros net?

£15,080,000 = 18mln EUROS
Depends on bonusses, I guess. They also report 26m for Ronaldo now. He got 30m net at Juve... So I still think it's net.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Don't think so. They're not even that high. De Gea got his upgrade when fighting with Real interest. Calcio e finanza always report net as far as I know. And it looks ridiculously low for a lot of the other players if gross....

Jep. They also report 26m for Ronaldo now. He got 30m net at Juve... Doubt he'd lower 50% , pal.
So Pogba is earning 13-15 million euros nett?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Jorginho and SMS both over Pogba for me easy choice.

Those two seem to be serious about their career still and could potentially function as role model for younger mids like perhaps Fagioli or Rovella

Pogba not so much. Might be experienced, but still has the mind of an edgy teenager. Wouldn't want to have that fucker as role model for the future generation.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Jorginho and SMS both over Pogba for me easy choice.

Those two seem to be serious about their career still and could potentially function as role model for younger mids like perhaps Fagioli or Rovella

Pogba not so much. Might be experienced, but still has the mind of an edgy teenager. Wouldn't want to have that fucker as role model for the future generation.
Jorginho is a different type of player so not really comparable.
SMS yeah I`d take him too over Pogba even if I am probably the biggest fan of Pogba in this forum. SMS is younger, has less ego and still havent accomplished anything on a team`s level so will be more hungry for titles BUT he would also cost 80M or so... This is why our management are going for Pogba who is much cheaper in terms of transfer fee.

Back to Jorginho - He could help organize our game but dont expect him to create or score much which means even with him we would still need Pogba/SMS
Also Im not a big fan of Jorginho even if he is definitely good. I just dont understand this whole regista obsession. I think there is a way to play with a regista but also a way to play without one and its about the players available to choose what is better.
Should we get him and Pogba - We would have a mid of Jorginho Locatelli Pogba and will also have Zakaria if we need someone with grinta.
The other option is to get a top level player to pair with Locatelli and Pogba (needs to know how to defend) and IMO we will even be better but this is also more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 267)