Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Not going to argue anyone's preferences, some people want him, some don't, but the part about finances - let's say we give Pogba 13m gross which would be about the same net if not more than he has at Utd and let's say we give Mino 20m commission which is on the very high end IMO - that is a 33m investment this summer - who are the two players we could sign for 33m that would be better than Pogba?
it’s not just about this year though. Pogba would demand a 4/5 year contract on those wages - he’d have no resale value and we’re stuck with another Ramsey type situation. Pogbas fitness and injury record for the last few years has been terrible plus he’s not the hungry, point to prove player we had 10 years ago.

I’d rather invest 30m on a couple of promising midfielders, players not at the end of their career who would have a resale value. If we signed tielemans for 50m on a 8m contract and sold him for 50m in 4 years I consider that a better deal than Pogba (this is an example not me saying tielemans is a realistic deal)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We need to get rid of Dybala - he's the root cause of all evil, especially with his new haircut. Once we get rid of Dybala and bring in more Jabronis doused in Marinara sauce and some Gabagool, we will be unstoppable Inshallah. Gotta shop local and stay local.

Jul 28, 2002
We need to get rid of Dybala - he's the root cause of all evil, especially with his new haircut. Once we get rid of Dybala and bring in more Jabronis doused in Marinara sauce and some Gabagool, we will be unstoppable Inshallah. Gotta shop local and stay local.
Exactly. Someone who can play 10 and right wing back. Preferably clever enough never getting injured by keeping his efforts in reserve. Preferably tall. Preferably not reliant on skill guile technical

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tbh i think the management should revaluate its youth policy. Maybe stop signing free transfers and promote within. Instead of a Ramsey/Rabiot promote Faghioli/Rovella etc. Barca are doing that as we speak for new cycle with the likes of Pedri and Gavi. We could have easily brought one youth player back this january. Instead we sign another midtable mid in Zaccaria like Mckennie in the past. Marchisio is the only prospect we gave a chance but that was cause Almiron and Thiago flopped. Well Arthur is flopping right now. But Faghioli and Rovella are nowhere to be seen.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Wallah habibi, I knew as soon as I saw the score and the time he was subbed in that it was all the fault of that sharmoota, piece of khara. If only we had a real man like Icardi and his wholesome wife inshallah :sigh:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Considering there is still so much to fix in this team and if the management were as serious as they were in January, you'd think rabiot and arthur would be sold as well...meaning rovella is a big chance to come in along with hopefully a well established midfielder.

BTW, I'm happy with zakaria joining. Didn't think that was a bad move.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Tbh i think the management should revaluate its youth policy. Maybe stop signing free transfers and promote within. Instead of a Ramsey/Rabiot promote Faghioli/Rovella etc. Barca are doing that as we speak for new cycle with the likes of Pedri and Gavi. We could have easily brought one youth player back this january. Instead we sign another midtable mid in Zaccaria like Mckennie in the past. Marchisio is the only prospect we gave a chance but that was cause Almiron and Thiago flopped. Well Arthur is flopping right now. But Faghioli and Rovella are nowhere to be seen.
Actually we tried and couldn't.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
The single most important question you can ask from a player before signing is simply ”are you going to bed at 10pm or 5am”. If it’s the latter, no matter how good he is, should not be signed.

Im starting to lose my faith on transfer fees and guaranteed salaries.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Way too inexperienced actually.

If we can't make a big midfield signing, I would take an experienced stalwart on a reasonable fee like F*gjinho (@Bianconero81) or try to poach Brozovic from Inter.
I'm starting to think buying an expensive finished article (like SMS) wouldn't even be the best choice. But it all depends on our targets. If we're serious about building a CL winning squad in a few years the more inexperienced talents might even be a better choice with the eye on peaking all together. And then maybe add an experienced reliable player on a budget like Jorginho.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We should get SMS .
We should do much more than just get one player but if things go as planned I see our team like this next season
Woj - I want another GK but you cant get everything in life
LB - probably same old shit.
CB - I can see us going for Bremer
CB - MDL - Raiola said one thing but MDL is actually acting different - tough to tell.
RB - Cuadrado/Danilo - Dont expect changes there..
3 CM (not by roles) - Locatelli Pogba Jorginho (saw a link yesterday)
3 forwards - Morata Vlahovic Chiesa

Im convinced Dybala is leaving and Pogba is his replacement (although I think we should get another "Dybala" in addition to getting a guy like Pogba)

Rabiot will leave - I heard Xavi wants him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
That's exactly what we should have done long time ago. But it's better late than never. Keep your reliable quality players on wages that they deserve, bring in 1-2 quality players per transfer window and fill in the gaps with talented youngsters for squad rotation. What's the point of our U23s when we rarely see anyone breaks into the first team even during an injury crisis period?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That's exactly what we should have done long time ago. But it's better late than never. Keep your reliable quality players on wages that they deserve, bring in 1-2 quality players per transfer window and fill in the gaps with talented youngsters for squad rotation. What's the point of our U23s when we rarely see anyone breaks into the first team even during an injury crisis period?
That U23 project needs time. Be patient. It only just started and it's improving year after year.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Absolutely

All those on loan
Fagioli, rovella, ranocchia shoudl come back
De Winter should be our 4th CB and right back option

There are no stars to buy as wing backs so get Cambiaso and Bellanova

Get rid of the shit cunts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)